Search This Blog



  청춘기록 1

Record of Youth 1

[KOR-ENG DUAL SUB]



‪현… ‪[떨리는 숨소리]

I…

‪현재 대기 중인 ‪수상 구조대에게 부탁드립니다

I would like to ask the rescue squad on standby

‪방금 보신 추락 지점에서 ‪즉시 수색 작업 시작해 주십시오

to immediately start searching the point of the fall you just saw.

‪분명 생존자가 있을 겁니다

I’m sure there are survivors.

‪전원 구조할 수도 있습니다 ‪제발 빨리 가서 찾아 주시기 바랍니다

You can save all of them. Please hurry and find them.

‪박노규 씨

Mr. Park No-gyu.

‪박노규 씨

Mr. Park No-gyu.

‪사과니 뭐니 이딴 소리 하더니 ‪이러고 전화 끊으면 끝이야?

You wanted an apology from the President, but you hung up. Is this it now?

‪어?

Is it?

‪너 어차피 죽일 생각이었지?

You were going to kill anyway, right?

‪[제작진이 키보드를 달칵 누른다]

‪(감독) ‪괜찮은데?

I like it.

‪하정우하고 또 다른 맛이야

His version is different from Ha Jung-woo’s.

‪아까도 말했지만 난 해효가 더 나아요

As I told you before, I think Hae-hyo’s version is better.

‪얘 이름은 뭔데?

What’s this guy’s name?

‪(김 PD) ‪인간적으로 우리 ‪이름도 모르는 애 뽑지 말자고요

Let’s be real. We don't even know his name. Why cast him, then?

‪이름 뭐냐고

What’s his name?

‪[흥미진진한 음악] ‪[카메라 셔터음이 연신 울린다]

‪[한숨]

‪- (보라) 안에 있죠? ‪- 아무도 들이지 말라고 했습니다

-He’s inside, right? -No one is allowed inside.

‪[헛웃음]

‪나 아무 아니에요

I’m not just anyone.

‪(보라) ‪메이크업 아티스트 이보라예요

I’m the makeup artist, Lee Bo-ra.

‪어?

What?

‪지금 닿았네요?

You just touched me.

‪이거 성추행이거든요

This is sexual harassment.

‪[흥미로운 음악]

‪비켜요

Move.

‪팩트를 알려 줄까요?

Care to go over the facts?

‪[도하의 한숨]

‪오늘 여기에 아무도 들이지 마

Don’t let anyone inside,

‪특히 이보라

especially Lee Bo-ra.

‪거머리 같아, 거머리

She’s like a leech.

‪아주 그냥 징그러워 죽겠어, 쯧

I'm really sick of her.

‪[한숨]

‪(도하) ‪근데 너 어디서 많이 봤다?

By the way, you look familiar.

‪어디서 봤지?

Where have I seen you?

‪하, 알았으니까 비키세요

I got it. Just move out of my way.

‪그런데도 들어가겠다고요?

You still want to go in?

‪(보라) ‪내 연애는 내가 끝내요

I’ll be the one who ends this relationship.

‪안 돼요?

-Can't I go in? -No.

‪안 돼요 ‪오더받은 대로 해야 돼요, 전

-Can't I go in? -No. I must follow my orders.

‪[보라의 한숨]

‪하지만 예외는 있죠

But there’s an exception

‪제가 힘으로 이길 수 없으면요

if I'm physically unable to stop you.

‪[도하의 아파하는 신음]

‪우리 그래도 5년을 만났잖아

We dated for five years.

‪[문이 탁 닫힌다] ‪(보라) ‪헤어지는 걸 받아들이는 게 어려워서

It was hard to process our breakup, so I know I’ve been clingy.

‪좀 찌질하게 굴었다고

It was hard to process our breakup, so I know I’ve been clingy.

‪이렇게까지 사람을 ‪쓰레기 취급해야 돼?

But did you really have to treat me like some trash?

‪[문이 달칵 닫힌다]

‪[헛웃음]

‪그래서 뭐 어떻게 해 달라고?

So what do you want from me?

‪(보라) ‪이제 헤어져

Let's break up.

‪네가 아니라 내가 끝내는 거야

I’m ending this relationship, not you.

‪널 보면 패고 싶어서

Whenever I see you, I want to punch you.

‪네가 아무리 맞을 짓을 해도 ‪때리면 안 되잖아

Even if you do deserve to be punched, I shouldn’t be violent

‪난 좋은 사람이니까

because I’m a good person. You’re completely full of yourself.

‪이거 아주 자기 미화 작렬이네!

You’re completely full of yourself.

‪[떨리는 숨소리]

‪(도하) ‪야, 야! 씨 ‪[문이 달칵 열린다]

Hey!

‪[카메라 셔터음이 연신 울린다]

‪[도하의 한숨]

‪(도하) ‪야, 야

Hey. Hey. What do you think you're doing?

‪너 뭐 하는 새끼야?

Hey. What do you think you're doing?

‪내가 쟤 들이지 말라고 했어, 안 했어?

Didn’t I tell you to not let her inside?

‪막느라 최선을 다했습니다

I tried my best to stop her.

‪[한숨 쉬며] ‪최선

Your best?

‪최선?

Your best?

‪[흥미진진한 음악]

‪피

-Blood? -You looked familiar,

‪너 낯이 많이 익어서 ‪내가 검색 좀 해 봤어

-Blood? -You looked familiar, so I looked you up earlier.

‪(도하) ‪모델이더라?

You’re a model. It looked like you had a decent career.

‪아니, 무대도 꽤 섰던데 ‪어쩌다가 이렇게 됐냐?

You’re a model. It looked like you had a decent career. But what happened to your life?

‪[헛웃음]

But what happened to your life?

‪어쩌다 이렇게 됐냐고?

What happened?

‪(혜준) ‪왜? 내가 어때서?

What? What’s wrong with my life?

‪반말해서 놀랐냐?

What? I can't talk casually?

‪나도 검색해 봤더니 나랑 동갑이더라

What? I can't talk casually? I looked you up, too. It turns out we’re the same age.

‪[헛웃음] ‪(혜준) ‪갑끼리 말 까자

I looked you up, too. It turns out we’re the same age. So let’s forget about honorifics. You started it first.

‪먼저 시작했잖아

So let’s forget about honorifics. You started it first.

‪너 이 새끼가 이게 아주 미친놈이구나?

You’ve got to be out of your mind!

‪[의미심장한 효과음]

‪(혜준) ‪내 꿈은 지금 내 앞에 서 있는 놈이다

My dream is to have what this jerk has.

‪[혜준의 아파하는 신음]

‪[연신 퍽퍽 맞는다] ‪[힘주는 숨소리]

Even a jerk like him can make it here.

‪이런 놈도 되는데

Even a jerk like him can make it here.

‪나에게 주어진 시간은 ‪얼마 남지 않았다

But I don’t have much time left.

‪[힘주는 신음]

‪[옅은 신음]

‪[한숨]

‪쯧, 아유

‪[입소리를 쩝 낸다]

‪[발랄한 음악]

‪"사혜준"

FOLLOW

‪[리드미컬한 음악이 흘러나온다]

‪(무진) ‪어, 그렇지 ‪[카메라 셔터음이 연신 울린다]

Yes. That's it.

‪보면서, 깊게 보면서

Look into the camera. Gaze into it.

‪오케이, 그렇지, 오케이!

That's it.

‪"원해요 스타일 ‪설명"

Great job. Nice.

‪(무진) ‪좋았어, 아, 좋아

Great job. Nice.

‪굿

‪그렇지, 간다, 마지막

-There you go. -Yes. Here we go. It's the last one!

‪오케이, 됐어!

We're done.

‪(해효) ‪운동 좀 해라

You need to exercise.

‪(진우) ‪아유, 밤마다 조깅하자고 부르지 좀 마

You need to exercise. Stop calling me in the middle of the night for a run.

‪(해효) ‪우리가 괜히 그러냐?

We have our reasons. Your cholesterol level is high.

‪콜레스테롤 수치 높잖아

Your cholesterol level is high.

‪제발 자기 관리 좀 해

Please take care of yourself.

‪(진우) ‪내 몸 내가 알아서 할 테니까 ‪너는 네 몸이나 알아서 하셔

I’ll take care of my health. So you just take care of yours.

‪아니면 우리 같이 알아서 해 볼까?

Or why don't we just take care of ourselves?

‪(해효) ‪정신 차려

Wake up, man.

‪(진우) ‪야, 그래도 내가 너희들보다 나은 거 ‪하나는 있다, 인마

But there’s one thing I have the upper hand over you guys.

‪(해효) ‪하나만 있겠냐? 둘도 있고 셋도 있지

It’s not just one. You have about three.

‪(진우) ‪카, 어쩜 우리 해효는 이렇게 ‪말도 이쁘게 할까?

You sure have a way with words, don’t you?

‪군대도 안 갔다 온 녀석이

You didn’t even serve in the military.

‪오늘도 진우는 1일 1군대 했습니다

That was Jin-u's daily mention of his military service.

‪[휴대전화 진동음]

‪(진우) ‪어, 혜준이다, SNS 올렸어, 걔

That must be Hye-jun. He posted a photo.

‪'아니다'에 500원 건다

I bet 500 won he didn’t.

‪어, 야, 너 팔로워 수 ‪엄청 많이 늘었더라

Hey, you got a lot of followers now.

‪(진우) ‪네가 그, 유승호랑 최진혁보다도 ‪훨씬 더 많아

You have more followers than Yoo Seung-ho and Choi Jin-hyuk.

‪뭘 했다고 자꾸 느는지 모르겠어

I don't know why. I didn't do anything.

‪(진우) ‪이런 지나친 겸손은 재수 없다

Excessive modesty can be annoying!

‪겸손 아니고 팩트

I’m not being modest. It’s a fact.

‪(해효) ‪500원 줘야 되냐?

Do I owe you 500 won?

‪(진우) ‪야, 근데 얘 얼굴이 왜 그러냐?

But what happened to his face?

‪알바 가서 쥐어 터졌나?

Did he get beaten up at work? THE MOST DEMANDING JOB

‪(해효) ‪터질 일이 뭐가 있어?

Why would he get beaten up?

‪(진우) ‪하긴 너 같은 금수저가

#PART-TIME JOB #SOMEDAY A silver spooner like you wouldn’t know the sorrow of a dirt spooner.

‪우리 같은 흙수저의 비애를 ‪알 리가 없지

A silver spooner like you wouldn’t know the sorrow of a dirt spooner.

‪언어 위험 수위가 너무 높다?

That’s too brutal, man.

‪야, 너 그거 ‪발표할 때 안 됐냐, 그 영화?

Aren’t they supposed to announce their decision for the role?

‪이번에도 혜준이 안 되면 어떡하냐?

What if he doesn’t get the role?

‪뭘 어떡해? 내가 있잖아

Must you ask? He’s got me. I’ll take care of him.

‪혜준이는 내가 책임져

Must you ask? He’s got me. I’ll take care of him.

‪오, 나도 좀 책임져 줘

Can you take care of me, too?

‪(진우) ‪형, 형

-Sir. -You said you wanted to be on your own.

‪(해효) ‪아이, 각자 도생하자면서?

-Sir. -You said you wanted to be on your own.

‪- (진우) 아이, 좀 책임져 줘 ‪- 아, 김진우 씨, 저리 가세요

-Come on. -Mr. Kim, go away.

‪(진우) ‪아유, 형님, 형님, 해효 형님 ‪[휴대전화 진동음]

Mr. Won.

‪어? 어, 어머니에 500원 건다

-I bet 500 won it's your mother. -Do you think I only get calls from her?

‪내가 전화 올 데가 엄마밖에 없냐?

-I bet 500 won it's your mother. -Do you think I only get calls from her?

‪- 누구인데, 누구인데? ‪- (무진) 너 뭐 하냐?

-Who is it? -What are you doing?

‪(무진) ‪여기 놀러 왔어?

Are you here to play?

‪해효랑 너랑 처지가 같냐?

Do you think you and Hae-hyo have the same jobs?

‪(진우) ‪야, 하, 하, 합쳐서 천 원 줘야 돼!

You owe me 1,000 won in total.

‪(해효) ‪아니라니까, 이, 씨

It's not her.

‪어, 엄마

Hey, Mom.

‪(이영) ‪스튜디오 촬영 한다면서 왜 안 와? ‪[리드미컬한 음악이 흘러나온다]

Hey, Mom. You have a photoshoot. Why aren't you here? Where are you?

‪(해효) ‪어디를 가?

Where are you?

‪(이영) ‪헤어 숍 옮기기로 했잖아 ‪내가 다니는 데로

You were supposed to get your hair done at the hair salon I go.

‪(해효) ‪싫다 했잖아

I said no to that.

‪네 머리 마음에 안 든다고, 구리다고

I don’t like your hairstyle. It looks lame.

‪됐다고, 애들 쓰는 말 좀 쓰지 말라고

Forget it. Stop trying to sound hip.

‪집에 들어가서 얘기하자고, 끊어요

Let’s talk at home. Bye.

‪[리드미컬한 음악이 흘러나온다]

Gosh.

‪[이영의 헛웃음]

Gosh.

‪(이영) ‪진주 디자이너 왜 안 와요?

What’s taking Jin-ju so long?

‪아, 잠깐 원장님하고 말씀 중이세요

She’s talking to the salon director.

‪(정하) ‪뭐 마실 거 갖다드릴까요?

Can I serve you beverages?

‪잠깐 아닌 거 같은데?

She's taking too long.

‪자기가 해 줘, 기다리기 싫어

Can you just do my makeup? I don’t want to wait.

‪아, 전 아직 그 단계 아니에요 ‪금방 오실 거예요

I'm not ready to do that yet. She’ll be here soon.

‪내가 하라면 해

Just do it when I tell you to.

‪(이영) ‪전에도 했었잖아

You did my makeup before.

‪(정하) ‪그때는 진주 선생님이 하시기 전에 ‪바탕만 조금…

I just did the base makeup before Jin-ju did--

‪(이영) ‪하, 말 많다, 참

I just did the base makeup before Jin-ju did-- You’re so chatty.

‪그냥 갈까?

Should I just leave, then?

‪[살짝 웃으며] ‪그럼…

Then…

‪(이영) ‪뭐 해?

What are you doing?

‪(정하) ‪살균요

I'm sanitizing my hands.

‪[웃음]

‪나 이런 거 좋아

I like that. Some makeup artists touch your face without washing their hands first.

‪(이영) ‪딴거 하다가 손도 안 닦고 ‪남의 얼굴에 손대잖아

Some makeup artists touch your face without washing their hands first. I knew you were different when you did my makeup the other day.

‪내가, 자기 ‪전에 내 얼굴 만져 줄 때 감 왔어

I knew you were different when you did my makeup the other day.

‪좀 다르구나?

You're not like the others.

‪(정하) ‪[웃으며] ‪감사합니다

You're not like the others. Thank you.

‪어떤 모임이세요? 정중한 자리신가요?

What kind of meeting is this? Is it a formal occasion?

‪가벼운 자리

It’s a casual meeting.

‪그럼 신경 안 쓰신 거 같은데 ‪아주 예쁘게 해 드릴게요

Then I’ll make you look effortlessly beautiful.

‪[웃음]

Then I’ll make you look effortlessly beautiful.

‪[흥미로운 음악]

‪눈이 참 예쁘세요

You have beautiful eyes.

‪더 해 줘, 예쁘다는 말

Keep telling me that I'm pretty.

‪(이영) ‪기분 좋아

It puts me in a good mood.

‪5분 뒤에요

In five minutes. If I say it again now, it won’t sound sincere.

‪(정하) ‪금방 하면 진정성 떨어지잖아요

In five minutes. If I say it again now, it won’t sound sincere.

‪[이영의 웃음]

Gosh, you’re so witty!

‪어머, 자기, 진짜 센스 있다?

Gosh, you’re so witty!

‪[이영과 정하의 웃음]

Gosh, you’re so witty!

‪(진주) ‪얘기가 좀 길어졌어요

I’m sorry the talk ran long. I’ll take over once she’s done.

‪톤 정리하고 제가 해 드릴게요

I’ll take over once she’s done.

‪(이영) ‪오늘은 이 친구한테 할게

I want her to do my makeup today.

‪안정하

"An Jeong-ha"?

‪(진주) ‪네?

Pardon?

‪아, 아, 저는 톤 정리만 하고 ‪어시 할게요

I’ll assist after I finish the base makeup.

‪(이영) ‪싫다고 했잖아

I said I didn't want that.

‪자기, 요즘 좀 빠졌어

You’re slacking off lately.

‪기다리게 하는 거 질색이야

I hate waiting.

‪(진주) ‪죄송합니다, 교수님

I’m sorry, Professor Kim.

‪(이영) ‪시작해

Go on.

‪네

Okay.

‪[리드미컬한 음악이 흘러나온다]

‪잘 있어

Take care.

‪- (정하) 좋은 주말 되세요 ‪- (진주) 안녕히 가세요 ‪[이영의 웃음]

-Have a good weekend. -Bye.

‪(진주) ‪좋니?

Are you happy?

‪(정하) ‪네?

Pardon?

‪(진주) ‪대기업 다니다 관뒀으면 다야?

You think you’re better because you worked at a big company?

‪(정하) ‪아, 선생님

Ma'am.

‪[진주의 헛웃음]

Ma'am. Do you have any respect for me?

‪(진주) ‪내가 안정하 씨 눈에는 ‪선생님으로 보여?

Do you have any respect for me?

‪아, 원장님이 예뻐해 주시니까 ‪눈에 뵈는 게 없구나

You must think you can do whatever you want because the director likes you.

‪내가 이 바닥 10년째인데

I’ve been working in this industry for ten years.

‪남의 밥그릇 뺏는 년치고 ‪제대로 된 년 못 봤어

I've never seen a bitch who steals clients becomes a good makeup artist.

‪다시 내 고객한테 살랑대면…

If you ever try to steal my clients-- I’m sorry to interrupt you,

‪(정하) ‪말씀 중에 죄송한데요, 선생님 ‪제가 안 된다고 했는데

I’m sorry to interrupt you, but I told her I couldn’t. She was persistent.

‪고객님께서 해 달라고 해서 ‪할 수 없이 제가…

but I told her I couldn’t. She was persistent. -So I had no choice-- -“No choice”?

‪(진주) ‪할 수 없이?

-So I had no choice-- -“No choice”?

‪다들 그래, 할 수 없이 그랬다고

That’s what they all say. They all didn't have a choice.

‪얻다 대고 개소리야?

Drop that crappy excuse.

‪이런 일 다시 한번 생기면

If it happens again,

‪그때는 '아, 내가 대기업 다닐 때는 ‪꿀 빨았구나' 느끼게 해 줄게

I’ll make you realize that you had it easy with your office job.

‪[웃음]

‪[입소리를 씁 낸다]

‪[한숨]

‪(수빈) ‪언니 또 혼났지?

She scolded you again, right?

‪하, 저거 다 열등감이야 ‪언니한테 열등감 있어서 그래

That’s her inferiority complex. I’m telling you. That's why she does that.

‪(정하) ‪나한테 열등감 있을 게 뭐가 있어?

Why would she feel inferior to me?

‪(수빈) ‪잘하니까, 응

Because you’re good.

‪[한숨]

‪고맙다, 수빈아

Thanks, Su-bin.

‪나 진짜 잘한다는 말 ‪백 년 만에 처음 듣는 거 같아

It’s been over a million years since someone complimented me.

‪그래? 그럼 내가 사혜준보다 더 좋아?

Really? Then, do you like me more than Sa Hye-jun?

‪그건 아니고

Not that much.

‪[정하의 웃음] ‪(수빈) ‪응, 단호박이네

-Okay. You sounded firm. -Yes.

‪덕질을 아주 성실하게 해, 응

-You’re such a diligent fangirl. -I am.

‪언니, 내일 진주 쌤 ‪옴므 패션쇼 가잖아

Jin-ju is going to the Homme fashion show tomorrow.

‪거기 따라간다 그래, 사혜준도 올걸?

Tell her you’ll go with her. I’m sure he’ll be there, too.

‪억지 인연 만들고 싶지 않아 ‪때가 되면 만나겠지

I don’t want to force it. We’ll meet when it’s time. And I’ll do my best until that day comes.

‪그날을 위해 열심히 산다

And I’ll do my best until that day comes.

‪(수빈) ‪걔가 사라질 수도 있어

He might be gone from this industry. He’s a popular model, but he’s not doing well as an actor.

‪걔 뭐, 모델로만 반짝했지 ‪배우로는 별로잖아

He’s a popular model, but he’s not doing well as an actor.

‪야

Hey.

‪그렇잖아

That’s the truth.

‪(수빈) ‪근데 걔 금수저라며? 한남동 산다던데

I heard he was born with a silver spoon. He lives in Hannam-dong.

‪카, 연예인 안 해도 먹고살겠다, 응

I bet he doesn’t need to make money from his job.

‪(정하) ‪야

Hey, you’re so mean.

‪너 진짜 못됐다

Hey, you’re so mean.

‪아까 고맙다고 한 말 취소

I take back my thank-you.

‪혜준이 한남동 사는 건 맞는데 ‪금수저 아니고

Hye-jun does live in Hannam-dong, but he wasn’t born with a silver spoon.

‪되게 열심히 살아, 착하고

He works really hard. And he’s kind, too.

‪언니, 제일 한심한 게 ‪연예인 인성 영업하는 거야

Jeong-ha, the most pathetic thing a fangirl can do is complimenting a celebrity’s personality. How do you know he’s kind in real life?

‪(수빈) ‪언니가 걔 인성을 어떻게 아냐? ‪[리시버 조작음]

How do you know he’s kind in real life?

‪(직원1) ‪1603 들어옵니다

We have a customer.

‪가서 일이나 보셔

Get back to work.

‪[멋쩍은 숨소리]

‪괜히 성질이야

Why are you so grumpy?

‪누가 보면 사혜준 애인인 줄 알겠다

Some people might think you’re his girlfriend.

‪[리시버 조작음] ‪(직원1) ‪1층 빨리 내려와 주세요

Please come down quickly.

‪(정하) ‪치

‪사혜준 이름 나온 김에 ‪우리 혜준이 얼굴 한번 볼까?

Now that she brought him up, let me take a quick look at his face.

‪[밝은 음악] ‪[탄성]

‪혜준아

Hye-jun.

‪난 오늘도 너에 대한 덕심으로 ‪하루를 버틴다

Fangirling over you is what keeps me going.

‪너도 잘 버티고 있지?

How are you hanging in there?

‪[휴대전화 조작음]

‪[휴대전화 조작음]

HEADING OFF TO A WARM PLACE #KOTA KINABALU

‪"좋아요 88,513개 ‪원해효"

HEADING OFF TO A WARM PLACE #KOTA KINABALU

‪(혜준) ‪내 친구한테 꿈은 ‪자신을 지켜 주는 거지만

My friend's dream protects him.

‪나한테 꿈은

But my dream is

‪돈이 많이 드는 숙제다

like homework that costs a lot of money.

‪[휴대전화 알림음]

ACCOUNT BALANCE

‪[휴대전화 조작음]

ACCOUNT BALANCE SA MIN-GI, BOOKSTORE, SUBWAY, BUS

‪[한숨]

‪(태수) ‪제정신이냐, 네가?

Are you out of your mind?

‪제정신 아닌 건 ‪제가 아니라 대표님이죠

You are the one who’s out of your mind.

‪(혜준) ‪저번 런웨이랑 저번 저번 알바비 ‪왜 통장에 안 들어옵니까?

You still didn’t pay me for the last fashion show and previous gigs.

‪(태수) ‪박도하가 너 고소하겠다는 거를 ‪내가 말렸어

I stopped Park Do-ha from suing you.

‪난 쫄릴 거 없어요, 전치 2주는 나와요

I did nothing wrong. This will get me two weeks in the hospital.

‪(혜준) ‪쌍방 안 되려고 끝까지 맞았어요

And I made sure I didn't fight back even for self-defense.

‪불리하면 딴말하는 거

Besides, deflecting the conversation

‪- 이제 안 통해요 ‪- (태수) 혜준아!

doesn’t work anymore. Hye-jun.

‪(태수) ‪너도 알다시피 ‪요새 회사가 너무 어렵다!

As you know, the agency isn’t doing well.

‪오죽하면 내가 ‪네 알바비를 못 넣어 주겠어?

Imagine how bad it must be. I can't even pay you. Stop trying to make me feel bad.

‪감성팔이 좀 그만해요, 진짜!

Stop trying to make me feel bad.

‪한두 번도 아니고 ‪매번 이러시면 어떡합니까?

This isn’t your first time. How can you always pay me late?

‪왜 내가 내 돈 받는데 애걸해야 돼요?

Why do I have to beg you to pay me?

‪(혜준) ‪딴 애들 대표님 양아치라고 나갈 때

When other models left, saying you were an asshole,

‪아니라고, 돈이 없어서 그런 거지 ‪돈 있으면 안 그럴 거라고

I told them that you would have paid them if you had the money. I trusted you and decided to stay.

‪대표님 믿고 남았어요

if you had the money. I trusted you and decided to stay.

‪(태수) ‪그러게, 넌 왜 날 믿냐?

So why did you trust me?

‪혜준아, 너 그래서 안 되는 거야 ‪너무 순진해서

This is why you’ll never make it here. You’re too naive.

‪그래서 내가 널 위해서 ‪네 돈 대신 관리해 주는 거잖아

That’s why I’m managing your finances.

‪[혜준의 헛웃음] ‪(태수) ‪아이, 뭐, 이런 얘기

Gosh, this money talk…

‪놀랐지?

Did I scare you?

‪그래, 너하고 나 사이에 왜 이래, 돈?

Come on, it’s us. It's just money.

‪돈 갖고?

Can money get between us?

‪(민재) ‪[책상을 탁 치며] ‪아, 진짜 해도 해도 너무하네

I can’t believe this.

‪대표님, 혜준이 돈 주세요

You should pay Hye-jun for his work.

‪(태수) ‪아니, 그만둔다고 하셨잖아요

You said you were quitting. If you’re done packing, leave.

‪짐 정리 끝나셨으면 빨리 나가세요

If you’re done packing, leave.

‪(민재) ‪하, 껑짜치게 애들 돈이나 떼먹고

You’re pathetic. How can you prey on these models?

‪이래서 언제까지 잘될 거 같아요?

Until when do you think you can keep this up?

‪(태수) ‪아주 나간다고 막말을 하는구나

You’re pouring it out now that you’re quitting.

‪다시 볼 일 없다 이거지, 이민재 씨?

You think we won’t cross paths? Ms. Lee Min-jae.

‪세상 그렇게 만만한 거 아니야

This is a small world.

‪안 볼 거 같지? 우리 또 봐! ‪같은 바닥이잖아

You think we won’t cross paths, but we will. We all work in the same industry.

‪곱게 나가

Just leave quietly.

‪(민재) ‪이 바닥 뜰 거고요

I'm leaving this industry, and I won’t ever see you again.

‪대표님 볼 일 다시는 없고요

I'm leaving this industry, and I won’t ever see you again.

‪나가면서 착한 일 좀 하려고요

I’ll do a good deed while I'm at it.

‪이 회사에 있는 내내 ‪착한 일이 고팠거든요

I’ve been itching to do a good deed while working here.

‪[헛웃음]

‪아, 까고 있다, 진짜

You’re full of crap.

‪대표님 까는 거 좋아하시는구나

I see. You like crap.

‪(민재) ‪어떤 것부터 깔까요?

Which crap should I start with?

‪언론에 제보 먼저 할까요? ‪사모님한테 먼저 갈까요?

Should I talk to the press first? Or your wife? No. Should I head to the Labor Office first?

‪아니다

No. Should I head to the Labor Office first?

‪노동청에 먼저 갈까요?

No. Should I head to the Labor Office first?

‪뭐야, 협박하는 거야, 지금?

Are you threatening me?

‪이걸 협박이라고 느끼시면 ‪엄청 구린 게 많으신 건데

If you think I’m threatening you, it means you have a lot of crap.

‪아

‪내가 이래서 대표님 리스펙트한다니까

This is why I respect you.

‪(민재) ‪주제 파악 너무 잘하셔서 ‪계속 성공하실 거예요

You sure know your place, so you’ll continue to be on this successful path. So you’d better pay Hye-jun.

‪그러니까 혜준이 돈은 줘요

So you’d better pay Hye-jun.

‪코 묻은 돈으로 ‪격 떨어지지 마시고, 오케이?

Don’t be a cheapskate who steals from kids.

‪아유, 노 오케이

‪(민재) ‪제일 반응이 빠른 쪽이 어디인가? ‪[휴대전화 조작음]

Let’s see which one will get you to change your mind. It’s probably your wife. You’ll see her tonight.

‪사모님이 빠르겠죠? ‪저녁에 만나야 되니까

It’s probably your wife. You’ll see her tonight.

‪[흥미로운 음악]

‪(태수) ‪너 뭐야?

-What is this? -I had to clean up

‪(민재) ‪대표님 여자들이랑 헤어질 때마다 ‪내가 해결사 해 줬잖아요

-What is this? -I had to clean up whenever you broke up with them. Don’t you remember?

‪기억 안 나세요?

whenever you broke up with them. Don’t you remember? So what will you do with them?

‪그래서 그걸로 뭐 어떻게 하게?

So what will you do with them? With these photos?

‪(민재) ‪이걸로요

With these photos?

‪[휴대전화 진동음]

‪돈 안 주시면 플랜 비 갑니다

If you don’t pay him, I’m moving onto plan B.

‪- 뭐 하냐? ‪- (혜준) 문 열잖아

-What are you doing? -I opened the door.

‪(민재) ‪그러니까, 네가 왜 문을 여냐고

Exactly. Why are you doing that?

‪(혜준) ‪내 매니저 합시다, 누나

Be my agent, Min-jae.

‪(민재) ‪뭐?

-What? -I need someone like you.

‪누나 같은 사람이 필요해

-What? -I need someone like you.

‪통장에 돈 들어오고 얘기해

Let’s talk after you get the money first.

‪섣부르게 돈 받아 준다니까 ‪혹해 가지고

It’s so easy to win you over. This is why you get conned.

‪(민재) ‪그러니까 네가 사기를 당하는 거야

This is why you get conned.

‪(혜준) ‪아니, 사기 치는 놈이 문제지 ‪당하는 사람이 문제야?

The con artists are the problem, not the victims.

‪그런 시각이 사기꾼들한테 ‪면죄부를 주는 거야

That kind of perspective gives an excuse to the con artists.

‪그게 2차 가해라는 거야

And that's called victim blaming.

‪말은 잘하지

Aren’t you a smooth talker?

‪이 바닥 뜬다고 말했잖아

I said I'm leaving this industry.

‪(혜준) ‪아, 누가 뜨지 말래?

I’m not stopping you. But I work in a different industry.

‪내 바닥은 그 바닥하고 다르다고

I’m not stopping you. But I work in a different industry.

‪[자동차 시동음] ‪누나

Min-jae.

‪[창문을 두드리며] ‪누나, 아직 말 안 끝났어, 응?

Min-jae. Min-jae, I'm not done talking to you yet. Please?

‪멋있다, 너

That was cool.

‪(민재) ‪잠깐 설렜다

You made my heart race for a second.

‪[기어 조작음]

‪(혜준) ‪아, 누나

What? Min-jae.

‪[한숨]

‪남편을 믿어야지 ‪그럼 누구를 믿을래?

Who are you going to trust other than your husband?

‪(태수) ‪잠깐만, 끊어 봐, 내가 지금…

Hold on. I’ve got to go. I have a client.

‪저, 손님 왔어

Hold on. I’ve got to go. I have a client.

‪아, 돈 벌어야 우리…

I have to make money

‪[태수의 헛웃음]

‪우리 식구 먹여 살리지

to feed our family.

‪(태수) ‪어

Okay.

‪[태수가 휴대전화를 탁 내려놓는다]

‪하, 왜 도로 왔어? ‪속이, 속이 시원하냐, 이제?

Why are you back? Look at this. Are you happy now?

‪아까 했던 얘기 끝내요

We should finish our conversation.

‪(태수) ‪또 무슨 얘기?

What conversation?

‪서로 원하지 않을 때는 ‪헤어진다는 계약서 조항

Our contract can be terminated if either party requests it.

‪기억하죠?

-I'm sure you remember that. -You must think

‪보니까 너는 네가 대단한 줄 아는구나?

-I'm sure you remember that. -You must think you’re some big shot model.

‪계약 해지서 써요

Let’s write a cancelation of the contract.

‪아, 마음대로 해

Suit yourself.

‪(태수) ‪[부스럭거리며] ‪은혜를 원수로 갚는 자식아

How could you bite the hand that feeds you? Don't you know that I did everything in my power to help you?

‪내가 너 위해서 사방팔방 뛰어다니고…

Don't you know that I did everything in my power to help you?

‪(혜준) ‪날 위한다는 소리

If you say you did this to help me

‪한 번만 더 하면 주먹 나갑니다

one more time, I’ll punch you.

‪(태수) ‪알았어

Okay. Fine.

‪알았어

Okay. Fine.

‪이제 갈라지자

Let’s split up, then.

‪[서류를 쓱 내민다]

‪- 나 돈은 못 준다 ‪- (혜준) 먹고 떨어지세요

-But I can’t pay you. -You can just have it.

‪당신 같은 인간하고 갈라지는 ‪대가치고는 싸다고 생각할게

It’s a small price I’m paying to get away from an asshole like you.

‪너 모델 데뷔한 지 7년이야

You’ve been a model for seven years.

‪(태수) ‪네가 될 수 있는 최고까지 올라갔었어

You became a top model which was the peak for you. And who made that happen? It’s me.

‪그거 누가 해 줬어? 나야!

And who made that happen? It’s me.

‪네가, 네가 이래서 ‪무슨 배우가 되겠냐?

How do you think you can make it as an actor without me?

‪너, 너 안 돼

It won’t work out for you.

‪[태수의 한숨]

‪왜?

What is it?

‪뭐?

What?

‪[한숨 쉬며] ‪치고 싶어?

Do you want to punch me?

‪다 너 잘되라고 내가…

I’m saying this for your sake.

‪[태수의 겁먹은 숨소리]

‪[태수의 한숨]

‪[혜준의 떨리는 숨소리]

‪때리지 않아

I won’t punch you.

‪때릴 가치가 없어

You’re not worth it.

‪해효랑 너랑 같다고 생각해?

Do you think you and Hae-hyo are in the same boat?

‪네가

Do you think

‪해효처럼 될 수 있다고 생각해?

you can be like Hae-hyo?

‪[잔잔한 음악] ‪(태수) ‪혜준아

Hye-jun.

‪네가 조바심 나는 거 그거잖아

Isn’t that what you’re insecure about?

‪(강사) ‪푸시업부터

Let's do push-ups first.

‪올렸다가

Go up.

‪마시면서 내려와요

Inhale and come down.

‪내쉬면서 꼬리뼈 말고

Exhale and tuck your tailbone.

‪[강사가 설명한다]

Open up your chest a bit as you inhale.

‪[혜준이 숨을 들이켠다]

‪(태수) ‪뭐 하냐?

What are you doing?

‪당신이랑 같은 인간이 아니라는 걸 ‪보여 주고 있잖아

I’m showing you that I’m not like you.

‪해효

Hae-hyo is my friend.

‪내 친구야

Hae-hyo is my friend.

‪걔처럼 되려고 한 적 없어

I've never wanted to be like him.

‪(태수) ‪아유, 어디서 약을 팔아?

As if.

‪[태수의 헛웃음]

‪(태수) ‪어유, 이제 홀가분하다

What a load off my chest this is. Seriously, having you--

‪내가 정말 ‪너 같은 애 데리고 있으면서…

Seriously, having you-- I could have put you in jail. Stop talking.

‪(혜준) ‪콩밥 먹이려다 봐주니까 말이 많네

I could have put you in jail. Stop talking.

‪(태수) ‪그리고 너, 너 법으로 가도 못 받아

Even if you take this to court, you won’t get the money.

‪너 줄 바에 법원에 벌금 내고 말지

I’d rather pay the fine instead of paying you.

‪내가 왜 그 돈을 안 받는지 알아?

Do you know why I don’t want the money?

‪안 줄 거 아니까

Because I know you won’t pay me.

‪그 돈 받으려면 당신보다 ‪더 더러운 짓 해야 되는 거 아니까

To get that money, I have to get my hands dirtier than yours.

‪그럴 시간이 나한테는 없어

And I don’t have time for that crap.

‪너 절대로 안 돼

You'll never make it here.

‪(태수) ‪평생 해효 따까리나 하면서 살 거다

You’ll be Hae-hyo’s sidekick for the rest of your life.

‪[휴대전화 진동음]

‪(민기) ‪화이팅

Have a good day, my grandchild.

‪[한숨]

‪[헛기침]

‪(혜준)

What are you up to?

‪[흥겨운 음악이 흘러나온다]

‪(민기) ‪놀아

I'm having fun.

‪(민기) ‪씁, 이거 빨리 답 온 거 보니까 ‪전화해도 되네

He texted me back right away. I can call him then.

‪[휴대전화 진동음]

‪[한숨]

‪[헛기침]

‪어, 할아버지

Hey, Grandpa.

‪(민기) ‪어, 뭐 하냐, 너?

What are you doing?

‪(혜준) ‪[웃으며] ‪나도 놀지, 뭐

I’m having fun, too. Nice.

‪[잔잔한 음악] ‪(민기) ‪잘한다

Nice.

‪돈 줄까?

Do you want some money? That’d be great.

‪(민기) ‪아, 주면 좋지 ‪우리 손자 돈 많이 벌었나?

That’d be great. Did you make a lot of money?

‪아니

No.

‪(민기) ‪그럼 주면 안 되지

No. Then, you shouldn’t. I can make money later.

‪지금 못 번다고 계속 못 버나?

I can make money later.

‪그건 아니지, 넌 분명 된다, 어?

That’s not it. I’m telling you. You’ll make it. I’m sure of it.

‪(민기) ‪할아버지가 장담해

I’m sure of it. I’ve never seen a kid as talented as you.

‪세상에 너만큼 잘난 놈은 ‪내가 보지를 못했다

I’ve never seen a kid as talented as you.

‪그런 말 하니까 아빠한테 맨날 혼나지

That’s why Dad always scolds you.

‪(민기) ‪[웃으며] ‪네 아빠 무서워, 야

Your dad is scary.

‪일찍 들어와, 너 없으면 난 쭉정이야

Come home early. I’m nothing without you.

‪사민기 씨, 왜 이렇게 졸보가 되셨나?

Mr. Sa Min-gi, when did you become such a coward? Grandpa, you outrank Dad.

‪할아버지가 아빠보다 더 위야

Grandpa, you outrank Dad.

‪[민기의 웃음]

‪(민기) ‪똥 된 지 오래됐어

It's quite the contrary.

‪혜준아, 우리가 현실은 알아야지

Hye-jun, we ought to face reality, you know?

‪그래도 넌 최고야

Nonetheless, you’re the best!

‪[웃으며] ‪역시 할아버지는 사람을 잘 봐

Grandpa, you're indeed a good judge of character.

‪(민기) ‪지금은 안 풀리지만 금이 똥은 아니다

I know your acting career hasn't been going well, but a gem is bound to shine.

‪넌 금이야

And you're a gem.

‪다음 달에 용돈 올려 줘야겠네?

I should give you more allowance next month.

‪감사합니다

Thank you.

‪자, 우리 손주 목소리 들었으니까 ‪이제 신나게 놀아 봐야지

Now that I talked to you, I'll go have some fun!

‪[민기의 웃음]

‪(민기) ‪어? 어, 그래, 그래그래

What? Yes. Okay.

‪[한숨]

‪[밝은 음악이 흘러나온다] ‪[손님들이 떠들썩하다]

‪(혜준) ‪시간 바꿨어?

Did you switch shifts?

‪오랜만에 만나니까 반갑다

Nice to see you. It's been a while.

‪(직원2) ‪나도, 네가 주문받아

Same here. You should take orders.

‪(혜준) ‪왜?

Why?

‪(직원2) ‪저기 봐 봐

Look over there.

‪[손님들의 탄성]

Look over there.

‪[직원2의 한숨]

‪(손님1) ‪오빠, 뭐 할 거예요?

What are you going to do? I'm taking orders today.

‪(혜준) ‪주문받을 거예요

I'm taking orders today.

‪(손님1) ‪어, 그럼 내가 먼저

I'll go first.

‪- (손님2) 저요, 저요 ‪- (손님3) 저요

-Me! -Me!

‪뭘로 드릴까요?

What would you like?

‪(손님1) ‪오빠가 추천해 주세요

Can you recommend me one?

‪(혜준) ‪이탈리안 비엠티 어떠세요?

How about Italian BMT?

‪(손님1) ‪좋아요

I like it.

‪네

Okay.

‪왜 이렇게 맨날 똑같아?

Everything looks the same. I don’t see anything better than the last season.

‪저번 시즌보다 나아진 게 없네?

I don’t see anything better than the last season.

‪[다가오는 발걸음]

‪(이영) ‪달리아가 너무 길잖아, 좀 잘라

The dahlia is too long. Cut it a bit.

‪[흥미로운 음악] ‪(애숙) ‪기니까 포인트 되고 더 예쁜 건데

It stands out more and is prettier because it’s long.

‪(애숙) ‪알았어요

Okay.

‪(이영) ‪아참, 내가 까먹고 안 내놨는데 ‪손빨래할 거 있거든?

Oh, right. I forgot to put it in the hamper. -I need you to hand-wash something. -Wait.

‪(애숙) ‪저…

-I need you to hand-wash something. -Wait.

‪옷 갈아입은 거 안 보이세요?

Can’t you see that I changed to leave?

‪(이영) ‪자기 옷 갈아입은 걸 ‪내가 어떻게 알아?

How would I know if you changed or not?

‪시간 다 끝났다 이거지?

I see. So your time is up, right?

‪[웃으며] ‪빨래 그거 하는 데 ‪얼마나 시간이 걸린다고

It won’t take long to wash it.

‪오늘은 일찍 집에 가야 돼요

I have to go home early today.

‪해 주면 안 돼?

Can’t you just do it?

‪다음에 와서 할게요

I’ll do it next time I come.

‪(애숙) ‪우리 큰애 오늘 첫 출근 날이라 ‪축하 모임 있어요

Today was my oldest’s first day at work. We’re celebrating today. We even invited our neighbors, so I have to go grocery shopping.

‪동네 사람들 불러서, 장 봐야 돼요

We even invited our neighbors, so I have to go grocery shopping.

‪(이영) ‪취직하면 ‪동네잔치까지 해야 되는 거야?

You have to throw a block party when you get a job these days?

‪그렇게 취직이 어려운데 어떻게 했어?

If it’s that hard to get a job, how did he get a job?

‪[웃음]

‪스펙이 좋아요

He has a lot of qualifications.

‪(이영) ‪스카이 대학? 하나도 안 부러워요

College diplomas from prestigious schools? I’m not jealous at all. Even if he works at a conglomerate, he'll work like a dog.

‪대기업 가 봐야 ‪평생 일만 하다 쫑 나는 인생

Even if he works at a conglomerate, he'll work like a dog.

‪어디?

Which company? If you had told me, I could've recommended him for our school.

‪나한테 얘기했으면 ‪우리 학교 직원으로 추천해 줬잖아

Which company? If you had told me, I could've recommended him for our school.

‪[웃음] ‪(애숙) ‪그 학교 가려면 취직을 안 하고 말죠

Which company? If you had told me, I could've recommended him for our school. He’d be better off unemployed than working at that school. He got a few offers, so he just chose one.

‪오라는 데 몇 군데에서 골랐어요

He got a few offers, so he just chose one.

‪그래서 어디 갔는데?

So which company is it?

‪자랑하고 싶으면 자랑해 ‪길게 늘어지지 말고

If you want to brag, go ahead. Don’t stall time.

‪(이영) ‪이럴 시간이면 내 빨래 해 줬겠다

You would've been done with the laundry had you just told me.

‪(애숙) ‪결국 빨래네

So we’re back to that.

‪(애숙) ‪[웃으며] ‪아이고, 이거 빨리해야겠네?

Goodness, I should hurry.

‪아유, 말 돌리는 거 봐

Oh, my. Look at her deflecting.

‪우리 집 일 하루 이틀도 아니고

How could she say no like that

‪야박하게 딱 잘라 안 된다고 하냐?

when she's been working for me all this time?

‪[못마땅한 신음]

‪응, 뭐야?

‪[잘박거리는 소리가 난다]

‪(애숙) ‪하고 싶은 거 다 하고 사는 사람 ‪없다더니 다 뻥이야

People say we all have to do things that we don’t want to. But that’s all a lie.

‪세상 불공평한 거 ‪새삼스럽게 안 게 아니잖아

It’s not like this is the first time I realized the world isn’t fair.

‪어차피 이번 생은 꽝이야

This life is already a bust.

‪불평불만 해 봐야 나만 손해야

Complaining won’t do me any good.

‪[휴대전화 진동음]

‪(영남)

Don’t forget we’re having dinner today.

‪안다, 또 확인하네

I didn’t forget. He’s checking it again.

‪(혜준)

I’ll be late.

‪아, 얘는 왜 늦어?

Why is he coming late? His dad is going to give him an earful.

‪자기 아빠한테 한 소리 들으려고

His dad is going to give him an earful.

‪암튼 중간에서 다리를 놓으려도 ‪손발이 맞아야 놓지

I can’t mediate when he won’t cooperate with me. Be on time no matter what.

‪(영남)

Be on time no matter what.

‪뭘 또 무조건 맞춰? 늦을 수도 있지

“No matter what”? It’s okay to be a bit late.

‪[휴대전화를 탁 내려놓으며] ‪암튼 마음에 안 들어

It's no big deal.

‪[의아한 숨소리]

‪일 나간다더니 다 끝났나?

Well, he said he had work. Is he done with work?

‪[기계 작동음]

BE ON…

‪(영남) ‪먹고 싶은 거 있으면 말해

Tell me if there’s anything you want to eat. I’ll tell Ae-suk to cook it.

‪경준 엄마한테 하라 그럴게

Tell me if there’s anything you want to eat. I’ll tell Ae-suk to cook it.

‪(장만) ‪어련히 알아서 할까, 형수님이

I’m sure she’ll prepare a great meal.

‪[기계 작동음]

I envy you.

‪형님은 좋겠수

I envy you.

‪경준이 취직하고 ‪이제 혜준이 하나 남아서

Now that Gyeong-jun got a job, you only have Hye-jun to worry about.

‪그 하나가 문제다

Now that Gyeong-jun got a job, you only have Hye-jun to worry about. He’s the problem.

‪붕 떠 갖고 뜬구름만 잡으러 다녀

He has his head in the clouds.

‪(장만) ‪텔레비전 나오고 잡지 나올 때는

But when he was on TV and in magazines,

‪툴툴거리면서도 ‪좋아서 실쭉실쭉 웃더구먼

you’d still smile while complaining. Did you think I was happy about it?

‪(영남) ‪아, 좋아서 그랬나?

Did you think I was happy about it?

‪그때는 진짜 얼굴로 ‪밥 벌어 먹고살 줄 알았지, 쯧

I just thought he was able to make a living out of his looks.

‪차라리 아무것도 안 됐으면 ‪헛바람은 안 드는 건데

If it didn’t work out at all, he wouldn’t have false hope.

‪아, 7년 해서 안 됐으면 집어치워야지 ‪미련을 못 버리고

If it didn't work out for seven years, he must quit. He can't seem to give up.

‪아, 우리 따라다니면서 ‪기술이나 배웠으면 좋겠어

I hope he tags along and learns the trade.

‪난 우리 진우가 ‪혜준이만큼 생겼으면 올인했어

If Jin-u was as handsome as Hye-jun, I would've helped him with all I've got.

‪(장만) ‪뭐 좋다고 우리 일을 시키려고 해?

Why would you want him to do what we do?

‪아이, 기술이 있으면 ‪굶어 죽지는 않잖아

If he knows a few skills, he won’t at least starve.

‪[영남의 아파하는 신음]

‪- (장만) 에헤, 참 ‪- (영남) 아이고

Hey. Come on.

‪힘쓰는 건 내가 한다니까

I told you I would lift everything.

‪아, 미안해서 그러지, 아휴

I just feel bad.

‪(장만) ‪큰 그림은 형님이 잘 그리잖아 ‪[영남의 한숨]

You’re good at planning.

‪일하다 다쳐서 한쪽 팔 못 쓰면서

Do you want your son to follow in your footsteps

‪자식한테 물려주고 싶냐?

when you injured your arm from this job?

‪아, 나야 아버지 빚 때문에 ‪무리해서 일하다가 그런 거고

I injured my arm because I was overworking myself to pay back my father’s debt.

‪아휴, 군대도 가야 되지

He has to fulfill his military duty, too.

‪내가 걔 생각 하면 잠이 안 와

Whenever I think about him, I can’t get any sleep.

‪언제까지 내가 봐 줄 수 있겠어?

I can’t support him much longer.

‪어마, 형수님도 벌잖아요

What? Ae-suk is working, too.

‪(영남) ‪그 일 언제까지 해? ‪요즘 얼마나 유세인데

And I can’t let her keep working there. She brags about making money.

‪(장만) ‪유세 떨 만하지, 뭐

Rightfully so.

‪형님은 형수 업고 다녀야 돼

You should treat her like a queen.

‪아, 이런…

You punk.

‪[장만의 웃음]

‪[문이 달칵 닫힌다]

‪[큰 목소리로] ‪아, 저, 저 가요!

I’m leaving!

‪(이영) ‪잠깐만!

Wait.

‪오늘 시간 초과한 거 더 줄게

Let me pay you for overtime.

‪아, 아, 괜찮아요

It’s okay. Why? I put in enough money. It’s 50,000 won.

‪왜? 넉넉하게 넣었어, 5만 원

Why? I put in enough money. It’s 50,000 won.

‪하루 10만 원인데 ‪빨래 하나 더 했다고 무슨…

My daily fee is 100,000 won. I only hand-washed a shirt.

‪일찍 가야 된다는 사람 붙잡았으니까 ‪보상하려는데 왜 그래?

I stopped you from going home. I want to pay you for your time. That's all.

‪[도어 록 작동음]

I want to pay you for your time. That's all.

‪하, 됐다니까요

I said it’s fine.

‪[문이 탁 닫힌다]

‪(해효) ‪어? 어머니

Hello, ma’am!

‪(애숙) ‪아유, 해효 오랜만이다!

Hi, Hae-hyo. It’s been a while.

‪더 잘생겨졌다?

You’ve gotten more handsome.

‪어머니도 이뻐지셨는데요?

You look more beautiful, too.

‪(해효) ‪제가 맨날 늦어서 못 뵀네요

I never saw you because I come home late.

‪(애숙) ‪우리 혜준이도 요즘 맨날 늦어

Hye-jun is always late these days. He won’t tell me what he’s up to, either.

‪뭐 하는지 말도 잘 안 하고

He won’t tell me what he’s up to, either.

‪너한테는 다 말하지?

-But he talks to you all about it, right? -Of course.

‪어유, 당근이죠

-But he talks to you all about it, right? -Of course.

‪저도 엄마한테 안 하는 얘기 ‪혜준이한테 다 해요

I tell Hye-jun everything including things I keep from my mom.

‪[애숙과 해효의 웃음]

I tell Hye-jun everything including things I keep from my mom.

‪(이영) ‪나한테 안 하는 얘기가 뭔데?

What is it that you're keeping from me?

‪(해효) ‪어, 우리 김 여사님 계셨네 ‪[애숙의 웃음]

I didn’t know you were here, Mom.

‪(애숙) ‪난 늦어서 먼저 간다

I’m late. I’ll get going now.

‪- (해효) 가세요, 어머니 ‪- (애숙) 어!

-Bye, ma’am. -Bye.

‪[문이 달칵 닫힌다]

‪[도어 록 작동음] ‪(이영) ‪'어머니'?

“Ma’am”?

‪어머니 그 소리 잘도 나온다 ‪무슨 어머니야?

How could you address her like that? Why would you do that?

‪[도어 록 작동음] ‪친구 엄마한테 어머니라 그러지 ‪뭐라 그래?

Why would you do that? She’s Hye-jun's mom. How should I call her?

‪아줌마

“Ae-suk”.

‪엄마는 젊은 애들 말투 ‪흉내만 내지 말고

Mom, instead of pretending to be young superficially,

‪(해효) ‪생각도 좀 따라와 봐

think like one with an open mind.

‪말 같지도 않은 계급 의식으로 ‪사람 깔보지 말고

think like one with an open mind. Stop looking down on her with your absurd idea of hierarchy.

‪(이영) ‪내가 언제 사람을 깔봤다 그래?

I never did such a thing.

‪너, 나한테 안 하는 얘기 뭐야?

And what aren’t you telling me?

‪혜준이한테는 하고 ‪나한테 안 하는 얘기 뭐냐고

Why do you tell Hye-jun but not me?

‪허, 너 혹시 여자 있어?

Don't tell me you're seeing someone.

‪이 정도면 영화 사이즈 나오는데?

At this rate, you’ll be writing a movie on it.

‪'스토커'

The Stalker.

‪[이영의 멋쩍은 숨소리]

‪(이영) ‪야, 너 저녁은 어떻게 할 거야?

Hey, what about dinner?

‪내일 패션쇼잖아, 샐러드 준비한다?

You have a fashion show tomorrow. I’ll get you a salad.

‪(해효) ‪하, 소름

You’re so creepy!

‪아, 나한테 신경 좀 꺼

Stop stalking me!

‪까불지 마

Don't get fresh with me. Do you think you got here all on your own?

‪(이영) ‪너 지금 그 자리까지 간 거 ‪그냥 된 건 줄 알아?

Do you think you got here all on your own?

‪무슨 뜻이야?

What do you mean?

‪지, 지금 그 눈빛 뭐야?

Why are you looking at me like that?

‪내 힘으로 성공할 수 있다는 거 ‪보여 줄 거야

I want to show people that I got here all on my own.

‪그거 하나만은 존중해 줘

I want you to respect that.

‪아유, 존중 ‪열심히 하고 있으니까 걱정 마

I completely respect that. So don’t worry.

‪[해효의 한숨]

‪[이영의 한숨]

‪- (김 PD) 사모님 ‪- (이영) 김이영이에요 ‪[리드미컬한 음악이 흘러나온다]

-Ma'am. -It's Kim I-yeong.

‪(이영) ‪나 진짜 싫어 ‪김 PD님한테 사모님 소리 듣는 거

I really hate it when you address me like that.

‪아이, 그래도 이름 부르기는…

But I can't call you by your name.

‪[웃음]

But I can't call you by your name.

‪(이영) ‪와이프 갖다줘요

This is for your wife.

‪(김 PD) ‪[웃으며] ‪하, 감사합니다

Thank you.

‪아, 지금 해효 밀고 있긴 한데 ‪감독님이 꿈쩍도 안 하세요

I’m pushing for Hae-hyo, but the director won’t budge. If you say that as soon as I give you a present,

‪(이영) ‪선물 받으면서 바로 그런 말 하면 ‪뭐 바라고 그런 거 같잖아요

If you say that as soon as I give you a present, it looks like I'm bribing you.

‪쯧, 물론 뭐든 ‪'기브 앤드 테이크'긴 하죠

it looks like I'm bribing you. But then, the world is all about give and take.

‪해효가 스타 되면 ‪어머니 공이 반은 넘을 겁니다

By the time Hae-hyo becomes a star, half the credit goes to you.

‪반밖에 안 돼요?

Only half?

‪어, 좀 더 분발해야겠어요

I should work harder.

‪[김 PD의 웃음]

‪[잔잔한 음악]

‪[새가 지저귄다] ‪[멀리서 개가 왈왈 짖는다]

‪[애숙의 한숨]

‪[애숙이 슬리퍼를 툭 내려놓는다]

‪[애숙이 스위치를 탁 켠다]

‪[애숙의 힘겨운 신음]

‪[헛기침] ‪[가방을 툭 내려놓는다]

‪[놀란 숨소리]

‪[문이 달칵 여닫힌다] ‪(경미) ‪언니!

-Ae-suk. -Yes.

‪(애숙) ‪어

-Ae-suk. -Yes.

‪[경미의 가쁜 숨소리] ‪왜 벌써 와? 아무것도 안 했어, 아직

You’re so early. I didn’t even start yet. I came early, so I could help.

‪(경미) ‪도와주려고 먼저 왔지

I came early, so I could help.

‪아이고, 하루 종일 ‪남의 집 일 하고 와서

After a full day of doing house chores at someone else's house,

‪밥도 거하게 차려 내야 되네 ‪자식이 뭐라고

you come home and have to cook a feast. Children are such hassles.

‪그러게, 자식이 뭐라고

You're right. Children are such hassles.

‪(경미) ‪그 여자 요즘 잠잠해?

Has she been quiet lately?

‪1년에 한두 번 지랄 떠는 거, 뭐

She throws a fit once or twice a year. But she’s been quiet these days.

‪근데 요즘은 조심해

She throws a fit once or twice a year. But she’s been quiet these days.

‪(경미) ‪조심해야겠지

She ought to.

‪전에 언니 관두고 다시 와 달라고 ‪애걸복걸해서 다시 간 거잖아

She begged you to come back after you quit. That's why you went back there.

‪나한테 익숙해져서 그래

She just got used to me.

‪사람을 구하자면 왜 못 구하겠어?

I’m sure she can find someone else if she wanted.

‪(경미) ‪음, 겸손 그만하시고요

Stop being so humble.

‪[함께 웃는다]

Stop being so humble.

‪(경미) ‪근데 이거 뭐야?

What is this?

‪혜준이 영장 나왔어?

Did Hye-jun get the draft notice?

‪[한숨]

‪오늘 피바람 한번 불겠어

There will be blood today.

‪- (수빈) 집에 바로 들어갈 거야? ‪- (정하) 어, 왜?

Are you going home after this? Yes. What's up?

‪(수빈) ‪집에 꿀 발라 놨냐? 맨날 집, 집, 집

What are you hiding at home? You’re always eager to go home.

‪우리 집 가서 삼겹살 먹을래?

How about pork belly at my house? I love you, Jeong-ha.

‪(수빈) ‪와, 언니 사랑해!

I love you, Jeong-ha.

‪(정하) ‪참 나, 빨리 정리해

Goodness.

‪- (수빈) 사랑해, 언니, 사랑해 ‪- (정하) 빨리 정리해

-Clean up. -I love you. -I love you. -What are you girls laughing about?

‪(원장) ‪두 사람 뭐가 그렇게 좋아?

-I love you. -What are you girls laughing about?

‪[정하와 수빈의 웃음]

-I love you. -What are you girls laughing about?

‪- (원장) 정하 씨 ‪- (정하) 네

-Jeong-ha. -Yes?

‪(원장) ‪내일 출장 갈래? 옴므 패션쇼

Do you want to go to the Homme fashion show tomorrow?

‪어, 쉬는 날인데 싫으면 말고

I know it’s your day off, so it’s fine if you don’t want to.

‪아니요, 좋아요

No, that sounds great.

‪(원장) ‪진주 디자이너 혼자 하려면 하겠지만 ‪빡세, 너무

Jin-ju can do it by herself, but it will be too much work for her.

‪(정하) ‪감사합니다

Thank you.

‪[밝은 음악] ‪감사합니다, 원장님 ‪열심히 하겠습니다

Thank you. Thank you. I’ll try my best!

‪(원장) ‪열심히는 맨날 하잖아

I know you try your best.

‪잘해야지

-Just do a good job. -Okay.

‪- 네 ‪- (원장) 나 간다

-Just do a good job. -Okay. -I'm leaving now. -Goodnight, ma’am!

‪- (수빈) 들어가세요, 원장님! ‪- (정하) 조심히 가세요!

-I'm leaving now. -Goodnight, ma’am! Goodnight!

‪[수빈의 신난 탄성] ‪(정하) ‪예스!

‪언니 운명인가 봐

I guess you and Hye-jun are destined to meet!

‪(수빈) ‪사혜준이랑 언니, 어떡해! ‪[정하의 들뜬 신음]

I guess you and Hye-jun are destined to meet! -Oh, my gosh! -No way.

‪어머, 언니, 얼굴 빨개졌어

Your face is red.

‪- 아니야 ‪- (수빈) 어머

-No! -Goodness.

‪(종업원) ‪네

‪[손님들이 저마다 대화한다]

‪[혜준의 힘주는 숨소리]

‪(사장) ‪야, 혜준아 ‪이거 6번 갖다주고 요거 8번

This is for Table Six. And this is for Table Eight.

‪- (혜준) 네 ‪- 어, 들고 가, 어, 그렇지

This is for Table Six. And this is for Table Eight. -Okay. -Tables Six and Eight. Okay.

‪(혜준) ‪나왔습니다

Here you go.

‪네, 여기 있습니다

Here you go.

‪(손님4) ‪저기요

Excuse me.

‪(혜준) ‪네, 뭐 더 필요한 거 있으세요?

What do you need?

‪(손님4) ‪오빠, 너무 멋있어요

You're so handsome.

‪감사합니다

-Thank you. -We come here to see you.

‪(손님5) ‪우리 오빠 때문에 오는 거예요

-Thank you. -We come here to see you.

‪쌈 좀 더 줄까요?

Do you want more vegetables?

‪- (손님4) 네, 좋아요 ‪- (손님5) 좋아요

-Yes, please. -Yes.

‪(사장) ‪인기 많다? ‪[혜준과 사장의 웃음]

You're so popular.

‪(진우) ‪하이, 하이, 하이

‪- (혜준) 너 왜 우리 집에 안 갔어? ‪- (진우) 너랑 같이 들어가려고

Why didn’t you go to my house? So we can go together.

‪- 삼겹살 2인분? ‪- (진우) 받고 비냉 하나

-Two servings of pork belly? -And bibim naengmyeon.

‪[사람들이 저마다 말한다]

‪(장만) ‪레벨링 작업을 빨리해야 되는데 ‪어떡해, 걔들?

We need to start leveling soon. -What should I do? -It's not ready yet?

‪(영남) ‪아직도?

-What should I do? -It's not ready yet? Honey, come and take the plates!

‪여보, 와서 이것 좀 날라!

Honey, come and take the plates!

‪(장만) ‪알았어

Okay.

‪(경준) ‪제가 갈게요, 손님인데 앉아 계세요

I’ll do it. You’re a guest. Stay here.

‪손님은 무슨, 우리가 손님?

No, we’re not. Are we guests here? We’re having this meal thanks to you.

‪(장만) ‪네 덕에 먹는 건데?

No, we’re not. Are we guests here? We’re having this meal thanks to you.

‪(영남) ‪하게 놔둬, 애들이 더 잘해

Let him do it. He’s better at it.

‪(진리) ‪그래, 아빠, 오빠보고 하라 그래

He’s right, Dad. Let Gyeong-jun do it.

‪네가 그러니까 갑자기 가기 싫다

Now that you say it, I don’t want to.

‪(진리) ‪오빠는 꼭 누가 하라 그러면 ‪더 하기 싫어하더라?

You're always like that when people ask.

‪(경준) ‪나만 그러냐?

That’s how everyone is.

‪(장만) ‪나도 그래, 형님은 어떠셔?

Same here. What about you, Yeong-nam?

‪나도 하고 싶다가도 ‪누가 시키면 하기 싫어

I wouldn’t want to do something if someone orders me to do it.

‪(장만) ‪사람 다 비슷비슷해, 거기서 거기고

That’s how we all feel. We’re all the same.

‪(경미) ‪대체 나르라고 한 지가 언제인데 ‪수다 떨고 있어?

I told you to get the plate. Why are you still here? -You’re so chatty. -I’m coming. I’m sorry.

‪- (경미) 참 말 많아 ‪- (경준) 제가 가요, 죄송해요

-You’re so chatty. -I’m coming. I’m sorry.

‪(경미) ‪네가 왜 가? 오늘 주인공이 넌데 ‪당신 가

Why would you do that? You’re the man of the hour. Honey, you do it.

‪넌 하지 마, 시키면 더 피곤해

Don’t do anything. You’ll only cause trouble.

‪(장만) ‪이하 동문 ‪'오빠는 안 시키고 나만 시키냐?'

I agree. “Why are you only making me do it?

‪'지금이 어떤 시대인데 ‪여자라고 집안일을 시키는 거냐?'

The world has changed now. Is it because I’m a woman?

‪- '시대착오적이다', 어유 ‪- (진리) 그렇지

That’s anachronistic thinking!” I’d rather do it myself.

‪(장만) ‪내가 하고 말아 ‪[진리의 웃음]

That’s anachronistic thinking!” I’d rather do it myself. Is that true, Jin-ri?

‪(영남) ‪진리야, 그래?

Is that true, Jin-ri?

‪(진리) ‪네, 제가 요즘 주체적이고 ‪독립적인 삶에 관심이 좀 많아요

Yes. I’m very interested in building my own life and living independently.

‪똑똑하다, 뉘 집 딸내미인지

You sound very smart. Your father must be happy.

‪[영남과 진리의 웃음] ‪(장만) ‪형님이 같이 살아 봐

Try living with her, then.

‪야, 경준이 잘하네

Gyeong-jun, you're good at this.

‪(경미) ‪아유, 당신이 좀 해!

Honey, you should do it. Give me a bigger one.

‪- (장만) 난 좀 더 큰 걸로 줘 ‪- (경미) 아휴, 정말

Give me a bigger one. Goodness.

‪- (경미) 이거 가지고 가, 완전 뜨거워 ‪- (장만) 오케이

Take this, then.

‪[익살스러운 음악] ‪[고민하는 숨소리]

‪아하, 이거 나가야 돼, 말아야 돼? ‪[대화 소리가 들린다]

Should I go out or not?

‪이거 부르러 오기 전에 나가야지

I should go out before they come for me.

‪애들 귀찮게 한다고 싫어하지 않을까?

They might think I'm a hassle.

‪(민기) ‪가만있자

Let me see.

‪아이고, 깜짝이야

Goodness.

‪[민기의 떨리는 숨소리] ‪(진리) ‪나와서 식사하시래요

The meal is ready now.

‪(민기) ‪어, 나 운동하고 있었다

Okay. I was exercising.

‪(진리) ‪저 안 물어봤는데

I didn’t ask.

‪전 사생활을 존중해요, 할아버지

I respect your privacy.

‪[피식 웃는다]

‪(민기) ‪아이고

Goodness.

‪내가 눈치 보고 사는 건

So the entire neighborhood knows

‪아, 온 동네가 다 아는구나

that I’m walking on eggshells.

‪[힘주는 신음]

‪[한숨] ‪[손을 쓱쓱 비빈다]

‪[노크 소리가 들린다]

‪[문이 달칵 열린다]

‪[웃음]

‪[헛기침]

‪너 언제까지 이렇게 살래?

Until when will you waste your life?

‪갑자기 무슨 말씀이세요?

What do you mean? I thought about what I could do for you.

‪(사장) ‪생각해 봤어, 널 위한 일이 뭔가

I thought about what I could do for you.

‪알바 말고 ‪매니저로 일해 보는 거 어떠냐?

Why don’t you work here as a manager instead of a part-timer?

‪아이, 붙박이로는 안 되는 거 ‪아시잖아요

You know that I can’t work here permanently.

‪언제까지 젊을 거 같아?

How long do you think you’ll stay young?

‪(사장) ‪가게 일 배우면서 돈도 모으고 좋잖아

Learn the business and save up some money. It's a nice deal.

‪너 군대 다녀와서 잘하면 ‪가게 넘겨줄게

If you do well, I'll let you take over after your military service.

‪말씀은 감사합니다

Thank you for the offer.

‪(사장) ‪에이, 생각해 보지도 않고 ‪바로 거절하는 거야?

Come on. Are you turning it down even before you've given it some thought?

‪죄송합니다

I'm sorry.

‪어른이 얘기할 때 좀 들어

Take advice from people who are older than you.

‪내가 살아 보니까 ‪어른 말씀 그른 게 없더라

I'm speaking from experience. The elders always have a point.

‪저도 처음에는 잘 들었거든요?

I used to listen to them, too.

‪근데 살아 보니까

But I've learned it the hard way that people only look out for themselves.

‪인간은 자기 이익이 ‪제일 우선이더라고요

But I've learned it the hard way that people only look out for themselves.

‪야

Hey, I thought about giving you the restaurant.

‪가게까지 넘겨줄 생각 했는데 ‪그게 어떻게 날 위한 거야?

Hey, I thought about giving you the restaurant. How is that looking out for myself?

‪(사장) ‪혜준아

Hye-jun, I didn't peg you to be so cynical.

‪너 그렇게 안 봤는데 꼬였다? ‪[혜준의 웃음]

Hye-jun, I didn't peg you to be so cynical.

‪(혜준) ‪아이, 사장님이 그렇다는 ‪얘기가 아니라

I wasn't talking about you. I was making a general statement.

‪일반적인 얘기를 말씀드린 거예요

I wasn't talking about you. I was making a general statement.

‪(사장) ‪휴, 그렇지?

-Right? -Yes.

‪- (혜준) 예 ‪- 네가 날 그렇게 생각할 리가 없지

-Right? -Yes. There's no way you'd see me that way.

‪(사장) ‪그러니까 어른 말 잘 들어

So you should listen to the elders.

‪다시 한번 생각해 봐

I want you to reconsider.

‪아, 왜 대답이 없어?

Why aren't you answering me?

‪알았어요

Okay.

‪[피식 웃으며] ‪그래, 수고했다

Okay. Okay. Good work today.

‪[문이 달칵 여닫힌다]

‪[밝은 음악이 흘러나온다]

‪(혜준) ‪가 보겠습니다

-Bye. -Bye.

‪- (종업원) 응, 잘 가 ‪- (혜준) 들어가겠습니다

-Bye. -Bye. Good work today.

‪(진우) ‪왜 이렇게 오래 걸려, 옷 갈아입는 데?

What took you so long to change?

‪사장이 뭐라 그래?

Did the owner say something?

‪(혜준) ‪생각이 많은 날이다

I have a lot on my mind.

‪이럴 때는 뭘 해야 될까?

What should we do on a day like this?

‪[경쾌한 음악] ‪(진우) ‪뭘 해야 될까?

What should we do on a day like this? What should we do?

‪아, 싫어

No.

‪아, 싫어, 싫어, 나 안 해, 안 해 ‪안 할 거야, 안 할 거야

No way! I’m not doing that! -I'm not doing that! I won't! -You don't have to.

‪아, 아, 안 할 거야, 이, 씨

-I'm not doing that! I won't! -You don't have to.

‪- (혜준) 하지 마, 넌 ‪- (진우) 나 안 해, 야, 안 한다고!

-I'm not doing that! I won't! -You don't have to. I told you I won't do it!

‪(진우) ‪야, 너, 너무 빨라, 같이 가!

I told you I won't do it! Gosh.

‪(진우) ‪야, 야, 야, 쟤, 쟤 좀 잡아 봐

Hey, stop him! Hurry!

‪야, 야, 빨리빨리, 빨리빨리, 빨리

Hey, stop him! Hurry!

‪(혜준) ‪웬일이냐?

Why are you here?

‪(해효) ‪우리 동네인데 뭐 불만 있냐?

I live in this neighborhood. Is it a problem?

‪(혜준) ‪불만 없지 ‪[해효의 웃음]

Of course, not.

‪(진우) ‪아유, 씨, 원해효 저 배신자, 저거

Won Hae-hyo, that traitor.

‪뛰는 것 좀 막자고 불렀더니

I called him to stop Hye-jun from running.

‪아, 같이 좀 가 ‪이 기럭지 긴 새끼들아!

Wait up for me, you annoyingly tall jerks!

‪(해효) ‪쟤는 왜 맨날 입으로 뛰어?

He always talks when he runs.

‪(혜준) ‪입이 다리인가 보지

I guess he can't run without talking.

‪[장만의 탄성]

‪(장만) ‪경준아, 이제 대출받을 때 ‪네 덕 좀 보는 거냐?

Gyeong-jun, does it mean you’ll help us if we want to take out a loan?

‪전 기업 담당이라 개인은 잘 몰라요

I mostly handle companies, so I don’t know much about that.

‪(민기) ‪잘 알아도 공과 사는 구분해서 ‪일해야지, 안 돼

Even if you did, you must not do favors for your friends.

‪(영남) ‪어련히 알아서 할까 봐 ‪그런 걸 짚어 줘요?

I’m sure he can handle it himself. Why would you say that?

‪(민기) ‪아, 아는 길도 물어 가라 그랬어

You can never be too sure.

‪(장만) ‪자, 자, 다시 건배하죠

All right. Let’s raise our glasses again.

‪오늘 같은 날은 형님이 한마디 하시죠

Yeong-nam, why don't you give a toast?

‪(영남) ‪내가 할 말이 뭐가 있어?

I don’t have anything to say.

‪(민기) ‪왜 할 말이 없어?

Of course, you do.

‪이, 네 자식이 이렇게 잘됐는데

Your son grew into a fine young man.

‪난 자식이 이렇게 잘났으면

If my son had turned out to be this successful,

‪동네방네, 사돈의 팔촌까지 ‪떠들고 다녔겠다

I’d be bragging about him even to my distant relatives.

‪(진리) ‪할아버지, 그거 디스 같은데요?

Sir, you just dissed him.

‪(민기) ‪응, 디스? 그게 뭐야?

What? “Diss”? What’s that?

‪(진리) ‪어, 우리말로 하면 욕하는 거?

To borrow our term, it means to criticize.

‪(장만) ‪[작은 목소리로] ‪아이고, 야

‪[장만이 잔을 탁 내려놓는다]

‪너, 왜 그렇게 생각하는지 말해

Jin-ri. You should elaborate. That way, he won’t misunderstand.

‪(경준) ‪그래야 오해 안 하시지

You should elaborate. That way, he won’t misunderstand.

‪(영남) ‪오해는 무슨 오해? 디스 맞아

I didn't misunderstand. He clearly dissed me.

‪- 여보 ‪- (영남) 그렇잖아

-Honey. -It's true.

‪아버지 자식이 누구야? 나잖아

I’m his son. Aren't I?

‪(영남) ‪내가 잘났으면 ‪동네방네 떠들고 다니시겠는데

If I had been successful, he would have bragged about me,

‪못나서 못 한다 이 말이잖아

but he can’t because I’m a nobody.

‪(진리) ‪와, 리스펙트

Gosh.

‪멋져요, 아저씨, 짱

You’re so dope, Mr. Sa. Awesome.

‪[진리의 탄성] ‪(장만) ‪진리야, 너 왜 그래?

Jin-ri, what’s wrong with you?

‪형, 얘가 대학 가고 이상해졌어

Yeong-nam, she’s gotten weird after starting college.

‪너무 사실만 말해

She only speaks the truth.

‪[함께 웃는다]

She only speaks the truth. Goodness.

‪(진리) ‪[웃으며] ‪뭐야, 아빠

Goodness.

‪(영남) ‪그래, 웃자, 좋은 날, 쯧

Fine. It's a good day. Let's laugh about it.

‪다들 건배해요

Everyone, raise your glasses.

‪우리 장남 경준이 취직 ‪다시 한번 축하하면서

Let’s congratulate my oldest son for getting a job.

‪진리야, 잔 들어

Jin-ri, raise your glass.

‪아저씨가 오늘 웃게 해 준 상으로 ‪따라 줄게, 자

I’ll pour you a drink for making me laugh today.

‪(진리) ‪감사합니다 ‪[영남의 힘주는 신음]

-Here. -Thank you.

‪진우랑 혜준이도 있었으면 참 좋았겠다

I wish Jin-u and Hye-jun were here, too.

‪[웃음] ‪- (경미) 그러게 ‪- 자, 자

-Yes. -Cheers.

‪[잔잔한 음악] ‪- (경미) 경준아, 축하 ‪- (진리) 짠

-Congratulations. -Thank you.

‪(경미) ‪경준아, 축하해 ‪[진리의 탄성]

-Congratulations. -Thank you.

‪(경준) ‪고맙습니다 ‪[경미의 웃음]

-Congratulations. -Thank you.

‪[저마다 숨을 카 내뱉는다] ‪[잔들이 달그락거린다]

‪(진우) ‪나는 전생에 죄 많이 지은 놈들이 ‪모델 하는 거라고 본다

I bet people with bad karma in previous lives become models.

‪먹고 싶은 것도 마음대로 못 먹고

You can’t even eat what you want.

‪먹는 게 인생의 다는 아니잖냐

Life isn't just about eating.

‪(해효) ‪어떤 사람한테는 먹는 게 인생의 다지

To some people, it is.

‪나?

To some people, it is. -Me? -But we don’t tease them about it.

‪(해효) ‪우린 그거 갖고 놀리진 않아

-Me? -But we don’t tease them about it.

‪놀리지 않고 존중하지

We don’t tease them. We respect them.

‪[진우의 헛웃음]

We don’t tease them. We respect them.

‪(진우) ‪둘이 아주 죽이 척척 맞네, 아주 그냥

Look at your teamwork.

‪[해효가 피식 웃는다]

‪우아, 야, 멋지다

That's so cool.

‪- (진우) 언니! ‪- (혜준) 야, 그러다 혼쭐난다

-Hey, girl! -She might scold you.

‪[웃으며] ‪왜?

Why?

‪[진우의 탄성]

Yes.

‪오빠들, 타

Guys, get in!

‪- (해나) 심심해 ‪- (해효) 안 타

I’m bored. -No! -I’m getting in.

‪(진우) ‪난 타!

-No! -I’m getting in.

‪탈 거야, 비켜, 비켜, 비켜

I’m in! Move out of my way.

‪(해효) ‪쟤는 자존심도 없냐? ‪[차 문이 달칵 여닫힌다]

Does he even have any pride?

‪동생한테 자존심 세워서 뭐 하냐?

What’s the point? She’s your sister.

‪(혜준) ‪야, 해나 진짜 많이 컸다

By the way, she grew up a lot.

‪(해효) ‪큰 정도냐?

She’s past that point.

‪성장은 멈추고 ‪노화가 시작되고 있거든? ‪[혜준의 못마땅한 신음]

She stopped growing. Now, she’s getting old.

‪[피식 웃는다]

Bye, guys.

‪얘들아, 안녕!

Bye, guys.

‪(혜준) ‪좋단다

Look at him all happy.

‪(해효) ‪아, 놔둬, 집 앞에서 버려질 텐데, 뭐

Let him be. She’ll leave him in front of my house.

‪해나 보니까 시간은 진짜 공평해

Looking at Hae-na makes me think time is fair.

‪나만 먹는 줄 알았는데 쟤도 먹었네?

I thought I was the only one getting old, but she is, too.

‪어떻게 시간만 공평할 수가 있냐?

How can time be the only fair thing in this world?

‪무슨 일 있어?

What's going on?

‪계속 공격받고 있어

The reality has been

‪현실한테

hitting me hard.

‪내려

Get off.

‪- (진우) 그냥? ‪- (해나) 그냥

-Get off? -Get off.

‪- 진짜? ‪- (해나) 진짜

-Really? -Really.

‪- 후회하기 없기 ‪- (해나) 후회하기… ‪[진우가 안전벨트를 딸깍 푼다]

-Don’t regret it. -I will

‪있기 ‪[진우가 피식 웃는다]

regret it.

‪우리 여기 말고 다른 데 가자

Let’s go somewhere else.

‪싫어 ‪[진우가 입소리를 씁 낸다]

No.

‪네가 싫으면 나도 싫어

If you don’t want to, I don’t want to.

‪[피식 웃는다]

If you don’t want to, I don’t want to.

‪좋아, 태도

I like your attitude.

‪- 상 줘야겠어 ‪- (진우) 어?

-I should give you a reward. -What?

‪(진우) ‪어, 아니…

Wait.

‪[혜준의 한숨]

‪[잔잔한 음악]

‪(해효) ‪자, 이제 말해 봐

Now, tell me.

‪오늘 어떤 일로 힘들었는지

What gave you a hard time today?

‪(혜준) ‪말하면 다시 기분 나빠질 일들이야

If I talk about it, it’ll upset me again.

‪(해효) ‪다시 기분 나빠지지 않을 때 ‪되면 얘기해

Tell me when talking about it doesn't upset you.

‪(혜준) ‪영화 오디션 본 거 연락 왔냐?

Did people from the movie audition call back?

‪(해효) ‪아니, 너 왔어?

No. Did you get a call?

‪(혜준) ‪아니, 너 왔나 궁금해서

No. I was wondering if you had gotten it.

‪- (해효) 너 아니면 내가 될 거 같냐? ‪- (혜준) 어

Do you think one of us will get it? Yes.

‪(해효) ‪[피식 웃으며] ‪동감

Yes. I agree.

‪네가 돼도 축하해 줄게

If you get it, I’ll still congratulate you.

‪(해효) ‪야, 당근 축하해 줄게, 너

Of course. I’ll do the same.

‪[해효와 혜준의 웃음]

‪나 이번에 안 되면 군대 가려고

But if I don’t get it this time, I’ll join the military.

‪(혜준) ‪해 볼 만큼 해 봤다고 생각해

I think I tried enough.

‪(해효) ‪군대 같이 가기로 했잖아

We were supposed to go together.

‪사람들이 말하잖아

You know what people say.

‪나이 들면 친구도 바뀐다고 ‪사는 형편 따라

They say when you get old, your friends change depending on how much money you have.

‪(해효) ‪우리한테는 해당 안 되지 ‪처음부터 달랐잖아

depending on how much money you have. That's not true for us. We knew things were different in the first place.

‪빙고

That's not true for us. We knew things were different in the first place.

‪만약 우리가 달라진다면

If we change,

‪형편 때문이 아니라 ‪순수함을 잃은 거다

it doesn’t mean it’s about the money. It means we lost our innocence.

‪(혜준) ‪그 눈빛 뭐냐?

Why are you staring at me?

‪사랑한다, 사혜준

I love you, Hye-jun.

‪하지 마

Stop it.

‪[해효의 장난스러운 신음] ‪(혜준) ‪아, 야, 하, 하지 마, 하, 에헤, 참

Stop it. Hey, quit it. Come on.

‪아이, 미친놈, 진짜

You're crazy.

‪[해효의 웃음] ‪[발랄한 음악]

‪(해효) ‪언젠가는 꼭 하고 말 거다!

I’m going to do it one of these days!

‪- (혜준) 간다! ‪- (해효) 가!

Bye. Bye.

‪(정하) ‪[놀라며] ‪얼굴 썩었네요?

I look completely fried.

‪(수빈) ‪멘트 죽인다

What a line.

‪나, 나, 나 이거 말하면 안 되나?

Wait. Should I stay quiet?

‪(정하) ‪괜찮아, 나중에 편집하면 돼

-It’s okay. I can edit it out later. -Okay.

‪여러분도 퇴근쯤 ‪얼굴 보고 깜짝 놀라신 적 많죠?

I’m sure there were times when you were surprised to see yourselves after work.

‪근데 갑자기 약속이 잡혔어요 ‪[수빈의 놀란 신음]

But you have plans after work.

‪걱정 마세요, 다시 화장하면 돼요

Don’t worry. You can fix your makeup. I’ll teach you a simple method.

‪간단한 화장법 알려 드릴게요

I’ll teach you a simple method.

‪아까보다 훨씬 좋죠?

Don’t I look much better? Remember my tip. Apply glitters under the eyes.

‪기억하세요, 눈 밑에 글리터

Remember my tip. Apply glitters under the eyes.

‪아이라이너, 립 틴트

Then, use eyeliner and a lip tint.

‪[웃으며] ‪짠

Ta-da.

‪아, 내일 혜준이 만난다! ‪[수빈의 웃음]

I’m meeting Hye-jun tomorrow!

‪나도 배고파!

I’m hungry!

‪(정하) ‪빨리 와 ‪[수빈의 웃음]

Hurry.

‪- (수빈) 이제 먹어도 돼? ‪- (정하) 먹어

Can I eat now? Dig in.

‪[수빈의 들뜬 신음]

‪[수빈의 놀란 신음]

‪(수빈) ‪이 조합 인정

I totally approve of this mix!

‪이, 그, 고기의 감칠맛하고 ‪치즈의 고소함

The delicious juice of the meat and the savory flavor of the cheese!

‪그리고 느끼함을 싹 잡아 주는 김치!

And kimchi neutralizes the greasiness!

‪(정하) ‪이거 다 먹고 깍두기볶음밥 해 줄게 ‪완전 죽여 줘

After this, I’ll make you fried rice with kkakdugi. It’s really good.

‪(수빈) ‪나 처음에 언니 봤을 때 ‪진짜 짠순이다 그랬거든

When I first met you, I thought you were such a cheapskate. You always wanted to eat at your house.

‪밥 먹자 그래도 ‪맨날 집에 가서 먹자 그러고

You always wanted to eat at your house.

‪그래서 내가 이 집을 샀잖아

That’s how I bought this house.

‪(정하) ‪물론 현관문만 내 거고 다 은행 거지만

Of course, the bank owns most of the house for now.

‪(수빈) ‪당장 내일 일도 모르는데 ‪어떻게 30년 상환으로 집을 사?

How could you take out a 30-year loan when you don't even know what might happen tomorrow?

‪난 이해가 안 돼

I don’t get you.

‪네가 집 없이 살아 보지를 않아서 그래

That’s because you never had to live without a house.

‪내 집이 주는 안정감이 있어

Owning a house gives you a sense of stability.

‪(정하) ‪오죽하면 내 채널 이름이 ‪'안정 좋아해요'겠니?

That’s why I even named my YouTube channel, I Like Stability.

‪안정 좋아하면 결혼해

If you want stability, get married.

‪결혼은 안 해

No, I won't.

‪어, 사혜준이 하자고 해도 안 해?

Will you say no even if Sa Hye-jun asks?

‪아무리 사혜준이라도 가치관은 못 버려

Even he can’t change my belief.

‪그러면서 왜 좋아해?

Then, how are you his fan?

‪생각만 해도 기분 좋아지는 건 ‪사랑밖에 없잖아

Only the thought of love makes you happy.

‪사랑은 안 하고 싶고 감정은 갖고 싶어

I don't want to be in love, but I want to be happy.

‪(수빈) ‪사랑에는 술이지, 술 있어?

Love and alcohol go hand in hand. Do you have alcohol at home?

‪(정하) ‪없어, 나 일하기 전날 술 안 마셔

No. I don't drink when I have work the next day.

‪(수빈) ‪언니 너무 언니 위주 아니야?

You're doing everything you want.

‪내 위주 맞아

Yes, I am.

‪내가 회사를 관두면서 한 결정이 ‪내 위주로 사는 거야

When I quit the company, I decided to live for myself.

‪너도 네 위주로 살아 ‪대한민국은 너무 가족 위주야

You should live for yourself, too. Our country is too family-oriented.

‪[입바람을 후 분다]

‪[멀리서 개가 왈왈 짖는다]

‪[혜준이 흥얼거린다]

‪[지퍼가 직 열린다]

‪[쓱쓱 톱질하는 소리가 들린다]

SA YEONG-NAM

‪[잠금장치가 철커덕 열린다]

SA YEONG-NAM

‪[드릴 작동음] ‪[연신 흥얼거린다]

‪(영남) ‪아주 노래까지 하고

Look at you humming.

‪어디 좋은 데 갔다 오냐?

You must have had a good time.

‪알바요

I was working.

‪(영남) ‪뭔 알바? ‪너 대체 뭐 하고 다니는 거야?

Working? What on earth are you up to?

‪뭐 하는 거예요?

What are you doing?

‪대답하기 싫다 이거지?

So you don’t want to answer me?

‪(영남) ‪경준이 방 문짝 새로 만들어 주려고

I’m making a new door for Gyeong-jun’s room.

‪[드릴 작동음]

‪[잔잔한 음악]

‪[한숨]

‪[한숨]

‪[문이 달칵 열린다]

‪왔냐?

You're home.

‪(애숙) ‪혜준아

Hye-jun.

‪- 할 말 있어 ‪- (혜준) 뭔데?

I need to talk to you. What is it?

‪아빠 들으면 안 돼

Your dad can’t know.

‪(혜준) ‪아이, 그냥 말해, 나 오늘 되게 피곤해

Just tell me. I’m really tired today.

‪잠깐이면 돼

Just tell me. I’m really tired today. It won’t take long.

‪[부스럭거린다]

‪(애숙) ‪어떻게 할 거야?

What are you going to do?

‪- (애숙) 이제는 가야지 ‪- (혜준) 가야지

You have to go this time. I should.

‪잘 생각했어

I’m glad to hear that.

‪(혜준) ‪근데, 엄마

But Mom, I auditioned for a movie this time.

‪나 이번에 영화 오디션 본 거 있거든?

But Mom, I auditioned for a movie this time.

‪그거 붙으면 하늘이 나한테 준 ‪마지막 기회라고 생각하고

If I get that role, I’ll think of it as my last chance

‪한 번만 더 미룰게

and postpone it one last time.

‪(경준) ‪어차피 갈 거 그냥 가

Just go. You have to fulfill your duty anyway.

‪(혜준) ‪왜 남의 말을 엿들어?

Why are you eavesdropping?

‪(경준) ‪이 좁은 집에서 엿듣고 할 게 ‪어디 있어? 다 들린다

I can hear everything in this small house.

‪(혜준) ‪남의 인생에 참견하지 말고 ‪형이나 잘 살아

Don’t butt in my life. Just live your own.

‪(경준) ‪난 이미 잘 살고 있어

I’m already living a good life. You know that you’re the burden of our family.

‪알잖아, 네가 우리 집 우환덩어리인 거

I’m already living a good life. You know that you’re the burden of our family.

‪(애숙) ‪무슨 말을 그렇게 해?

Why would you say that?

‪(경준) ‪엄마도 말은 안 하지만 ‪그렇게 생각하잖아

You don’t say it, but I bet you agree with me.

‪내가 말을 했을 뿐이지

I only said it out loud.

‪(혜준) ‪지, 진짜야?

Is that true?

‪아, 그게 아니라…

That’s not true.

‪(혜준) ‪나 모르게 내 뒤에서 ‪평가질 하고 있었어, 가족끼리?

My own family was judging me behind my back?

‪야, 인간은 어디서나 평가받아

Hey, everyone gets judged.

‪(경준) ‪뭐, 가족이라고 예외냐?

You think we're any different?

‪평가 기준이라는 게 똑같냐? ‪여기 다르고 저기 다르지

Do the same standards apply to everyone? Everyone is different.

‪형 너는 내가 평가할 때는 인성 꽝이야

Gyeong-jun, I think you have a nasty personality.

‪(혜준) ‪네가 공부 잘해서 취직한 거 인정 ‪[문이 달칵 열린다]

I agree that you got a job because you are smart,

‪근데 네가 공부 잘해서 취직해서 ‪가족한테 기여한 게 뭐 있냐? ‪[문이 탁 닫힌다]

but what have you done for the family after getting a job with your smart brain?

‪[문이 스르륵 열린다] ‪(영남) ‪기여한 게 왜 없냐?

Yes, he contributed to the family.

‪[문이 탁 닫힌다] ‪(애숙) ‪아이, 당신은 왜 껴?

Why are you butting in?

‪[경준의 한숨] ‪(영남) ‪대체 왜 이러는 거야?

Why are you butting in? What's wrong with you?

‪(애숙) ‪아, 별거 아니야

It's nothing.

‪[애숙이 속삭인다]

Go to your room.

‪(경준) ‪별거 아니긴 ‪엄마가 쟤를 자꾸 감싸니까

It’s not nothing. Because you keep babying him, you’re spoiling him.

‪애가 자꾸 스포일해지잖아요

It’s not nothing. Because you keep babying him, you’re spoiling him. I got it. That's enough.

‪(애숙) ‪알았으니까 그만해

I got it. That's enough.

‪[문이 달칵 열린다]

‪- (민기) 어, 이제 왔냐? ‪- (혜준) 응

-You’re home. -Yes.

‪(민기) ‪밥은 먹었어?

Did you eat?

‪(혜준) ‪먹었어, 할아버지는?

I did. What about you?

‪먹었지, 인마, 근데 너 얼굴 왜 그래?

I did. What happened to your face?

‪아유, 아무것도 아니야

It's nothing.

‪[혜준의 웃음]

It's nothing.

‪(영남) ‪너 입영 통지서 나왔다며?

I heard the draft notice came. Why did you hide that?

‪왜 숨겼어?

I heard the draft notice came. Why did you hide that?

‪(혜준) ‪뭘 숨겨요? 나도 지금 봤는데

Hide what? I just saw it, too.

‪어쨌든 당장 군대 가

Anyway, go to the military now. How can I go now? It’s night.

‪(혜준) ‪당장 군대를 어떻게 가? 지금 밤이야

How can I go now? It’s night.

‪아, 그런 말이 아니잖아!

You know I didn't mean literally now.

‪(영남) ‪어떻게 살 거야?

What will you do with your life?

‪계속 되지도 않는 일에 ‪네 청춘 바칠 거냐?

Will you keep wasting your good days for a dead end?

‪(혜준) ‪나도 하나만 묻자 ‪[차분한 음악]

Let me ask you a question, too.

‪아빠도 내가 우환덩어리라고 생각해?

Do you also consider me the burden of the family?

‪아, 그건 왜 물어?

-Why are you asking me that? -I want to judge my family, too.

‪나도 우리 가족 평가 좀 해 보려고

-Why are you asking me that? -I want to judge my family, too.

‪가족은 특별하다고 생각했거든

I thought our family was special,

‪(혜준) ‪뒤에서 내 평가 하는 사람들이라면 ‪나도 바꿔야지, 생각을

but if you have been judging me behind my back, I should change my stance. You are no different than strangers.

‪세상 사람들하고 똑같잖아

You are no different than strangers.

‪군대 얘기 하다가 네 장래 얘기하는데 ‪왜 말이 그리 튀어?

We're talking about the military and your future. Don't change the subject.

‪아빠가 진짜 내 장래에 대해 ‪걱정해서 말하는 건지

We're talking about the military and your future. Don't change the subject. I need to know if you are truly concerned for me or if you’re worried that I'll be a burden.

‪아니면 자기 짐덩어리 될까 봐 ‪그러는 건지

or if you’re worried that I'll be a burden.

‪뭔지 알아야 ‪대답을 다르게 할 거 아니야

I must know to answer accordingly.

‪말하는 싸가지 봐라, 아빠한테

That’s no way to talk to your own father.

‪(영남) ‪아빠가 너 잘되라고 하는 얘기지 ‪안되라고 하겠냐?

I’m telling you this, so you could live a good life, not a bad one.

‪모델 실컷 해 봤잖아

You worked as a model long enough.

‪처음에야 좋아라 했지만 ‪지금은 어떻게 됐냐?

At first, you liked it, but look where it got you now.

‪겨우 네 용돈만 벌어 쓰잖아

You earn just enough for your allowance.

‪멀리 갈 것도 없어, 할아버지 봐 봐

You don’t need to look further. Just look at your grandpa.

‪지금 네 모습을 봐

Take a good look at him.

‪젊어서 남들이 ‪'잘생겼다, 인물이 아깝다'

When he was young, people complimented on his good looks

‪'이런 일 할 사람 아니다' ‪남들이 옆에서 펌프질 하니까

and said he ought to be on TV. People kept encouraging him. That got him thinking he could be a singer or an actor.

‪팔랑팔랑 ‪'가수 한다', '배우 하고 싶다'

That got him thinking he could be a singer or an actor. That’s how he got there.

‪이리저리 다니다 저렇게 됐잖아

That’s how he got there. Hye-jun is different.

‪(민기) ‪나랑은 다르지, 우리 혜준이는

Hye-jun is different.

‪왜 자꾸 나랑 비교를 해?

Why do you keep comparing him to me?

‪(영남) ‪다르긴 뭐가 달라요?

How is he any different?

‪똑같아, 내 보기에는 ‪아버지 젊었을 때랑

I think he’s just like you when you were young. If you didn't get scammed with all of my savings,

‪아버지가 내가 모은 돈 갖고 나가서 ‪사기만 안 당했어도

If you didn't get scammed with all of my savings,

‪우리 이렇게 안 살아!

-we wouldn’t be living like this. -I know. I'm sorry.

‪그러니까 미안해

-we wouldn’t be living like this. -I know. I'm sorry. That’s why I don’t even squeak.

‪그래서 찍소리 안 하고 살잖아

That’s why I don’t even squeak.

‪(민기) ‪우리 집 우환덩어리는 나야 ‪혜준아, 너 아니야

I’m the burden of my family. It’s not you, Hye-jun.

‪(영남) ‪아, 애는 왜 이렇게 감싸요?

Why do you keep protecting him?

‪내가 얘 얼굴 볼 때마다 ‪그냥 가슴이 턱턱 막혀!

Why do you keep protecting him? Whenever I see his face, I feel so frustrated.

‪아버지 닮아서 인물값 한다고 ‪나댈 때면 가슴이 철렁 내려앉고

Whenever I see him trying to become an actor like you, my heart stops beating.

‪(애숙) ‪이제 그만해, 됐어

That’s enough. Stop it.

‪아, 저, 너도 그만 자

-Darn it. -You should get some sleep.

‪(혜준) ‪속 다 뒤집어 놓고 자라면 잠이 와?

How do you expect me to sleep when you have upset me?

‪(영남) ‪아, 왜 이래?

What's wrong with you? Stop it.

‪(애숙) ‪그만 좀 해

Stop it.

‪(영남) ‪뭘 그만해!

Why should I stop? He turned out like that because you keep protecting him.

‪당신이 이러니까 애가 저 모양이지! ‪[애숙의 당황한 숨소리]

Why should I stop? He turned out like that because you keep protecting him. He can hear you.

‪(애숙) ‪들어

He can hear you.

‪(경준) ‪들으면 어때? 쟤도 현실을 알아야지

So what? He should face reality.

‪하, 안 되겠다

So what? He should face reality. You give me no choice. Honey come here. You, come with me.

‪(애숙) ‪당신 이리 와 봐, 너도 와 ‪[경준의 짜증 섞인 신음]

You give me no choice. Honey come here. You, come with me. Gosh.

‪[스위치가 탁 켜진다] ‪[문이 달칵 열린다]

‪(영남) ‪나 참 ‪[경준의 아파하는 신음]

Goodness.

‪(경준) 엄마, 나… ‪(애숙) 아이, 여기서 얘기하자

-Mom. I-- -Stop. Let's talk here. My father and you are the ones ruining Hye-jun's life.

‪(영남) ‪혜준이 망치는 거 당신하고 아버지야 ‪[경준의 한숨]

My father and you are the ones ruining Hye-jun's life. He should learn to face hardships in life.

‪사내자식을 강하게 키워야지, 쯧

He should learn to face hardships in life.

‪(경준) ‪엄마, 하

Mom.

‪쟤 지금 터닝 포인트야

This is his turning point.

‪지금 잘못 선택하면 ‪할아버지 테크 타는 거야

If he makes a wrong decision, he'll turn out like Grandpa.

‪할아버지가 어때서?

What's wrong with your grandfather?

‪[한숨] ‪(영남) ‪아버지가 어떤 걸 말로 해야 알아?

What's wrong with your grandfather? Must I really spell it out for you?

‪다정다감하고 성품이 따뜻하시잖아

He's warmhearted and has a gentle soul.

‪- 하, 참 ‪- (경준) 가식적이야

Goodness.

‪(경준) ‪엄마가 속으로 정말 그렇게 생각할까?

-It's so fake. Do you think she meant it? -I doubt it.

‪- 아니라고 본다 ‪- (애숙) 아유, 그래서 어떡하자고?

-It's so fake. Do you think she meant it? -I doubt it. So what do you want to do, then? He's already having a tough time. What are you bothering him?

‪(애숙) ‪가뜩이나 일 안 풀려서 힘든 애를 ‪잡아서 뭐 해?

He's already having a tough time. What are you bothering him?

‪애초에 걸으면 돈 주는 일이라는 게 ‪말이 되냐?

How could he think of making a living by just walking on some platform?

‪[코웃음] ‪[애숙의 헛웃음]

How could he think of making a living by just walking on some platform?

‪방송 나올 때는 좋다고 ‪자랑하고 다닐 때는 언제고?

When he was on TV, you used to brag about him to your friends.

‪아, 그때는 뭐가 되는 줄 알았지

I thought he was going to be famous. I also had a pipe dream, back then.

‪나도 그때는 뭐에 씌어 갖고

I also had a pipe dream, back then.

‪(경준) ‪지난 일은 지난 일이야

Let bygone be bygone.

‪현실을 직시해야 돼, 엄마

We must face reality. Protecting him won't solve anything.

‪무조건 감싼다고 ‪해결될 일이 아니라니까?

Protecting him won't solve anything.

‪(영남) ‪역시 경준이다

You do live up to my expectations. You take after me. You're so good at taking care of yourself.

‪날 닮아 갖고 어릴 때부터 ‪제 앞가림을 얼마나 잘해

You take after me. You're so good at taking care of yourself.

‪(애숙) ‪어쨌든 혜준이가 선택할 수 있게 ‪기다려 줘야 돼

Anyway, we must wait until Hye-jun makes his own decision.

‪너한테는 항상 엄마 아빠 그랬어

We always gave you a chance to make your own decisions. So your brother deserves the same chance.

‪네 동생도 그럴 권리 있어

So your brother deserves the same chance.

‪(영남) ‪아유! 참, 쯧

Goodness.

‪[민기의 헛기침]

‪[잔잔한 음악]

‪[한숨]

‪[정하가 키보드를 탁탁 두드린다]

‪[마우스 클릭음]

‪[정하가 키보드를 탁탁 두드린다]

‪(영상 속 정하) ‪퇴근쯤 얼굴 보고 ‪깜짝 놀라신 적 많죠?

I’m sure there were times when you were surprised to see yourselves after work.

‪근데 갑자기 약속이 잡혔어요 ‪[영상 속 수빈의 놀란 신음]

But you have plans after work.

‪걱정 마세요, 다시 화장하면…

Don’t worry. You can fix your makeup.

‪[마우스 클릭음]

OBSCURE

‪[리드미컬한 음악이 흘러나온다] ‪[카메라 셔터음이 연신 울린다]

‪(정하) ‪드디어 내일 만난다, 떨린다

I'm finally going to meet him tomorrow. I'm nervous.

‪그 남자에게 말할 거다

I'll tell him

‪나는 너의 오랜 팬이고 ‪너를 응원한다고

that I've been his fan for a long time and I root for him.

‪[정하가 키보드를 달칵 누른다]

‪[흥미로운 음악]

‪[휴대전화 조작음]

‪"안정하"

NIGHT MAKEUP, CHEESE PORK BELLY, EXCITED

‪[정하의 웃음]

‪[리드미컬한 음악이 흘러나온다]

‪(찰리) ‪어깨 펴고 눈에 힘줘

Square your shoulders. Gaze intensely.

‪(찰리) ‪뒷사람들 간격 잘 맞추자

Guys in the back, keep your distances.

‪"옴므정 ‪서울"

‪(찰리) ‪1번, 2번 바꿨으면 좋겠어요

Switch the first and the second models.

‪(찰리) ‪좋아, 더 템포 있게

Great. Walk with more rhythm.

‪(찰리) ‪혜준아, 좋아

Great, Hye-jun.

‪[디렉터의 한숨]

‪(디렉터) ‪선생님

Sir.

‪(찰리) ‪어

Okay.

‪시선 앞으로, 좀 멀리

Gaze ahead. Gaze farther.

‪좀 더 나이스하게

Try to look nicer than that.

‪[리드미컬한 음악]

Try to look nicer than that.

‪[원장과 진주가 대화한다]

Yes, where is that?

‪(진주) ‪정하 씨, 내 것도 꾸려 줘

Jeong-ha, can you organize mine, too?

‪네

Okay.

‪- (해효) 메이크업하러 가자 ‪- (혜준) 그래

Let’s get our makeup done. Okay.

‪[부드러운 음악]

-Hello. -Hi.

‪(진주) ‪원해효 씨! 이쪽으로 와요

Mr. Won Hae-hyo, this way.

‪(해효) ‪네

Mr. Won Hae-hyo, this way. Okay.

‪(진주) ‪교수님한테 얘기 많이 들었어요

I’ve heard a lot about you from the professor.

‪(해효) ‪교수님요?

-"Professor"? -Professor Kim I-yeong.

‪(진주) ‪김이영 교수님요

-"Professor"? -Professor Kim I-yeong.

‪(해효) ‪엄마 강의 관둔 지 오래됐어요

She stopped teaching a long time ago.

‪(진주) ‪아, 그래요?

Is that so? Well, once a professor, always a professor.

‪한번 교수는 영원한 교수예요

Is that so? Well, once a professor, always a professor.

‪[진주와 해효의 웃음]

Is that so? Well, once a professor, always a professor.

‪왜 난 안 불러요?

Why didn’t you call my name?

‪아, 네

Oh, I see.

‪"헤어&메이크업 ‪빅토리"

‪(진주) ‪우선 피부에 영양부터 주죠

Let’s nourish your skin first.

‪[울리는 효과음]

‪미안해요

I'm sorry.

‪(혜준) ‪괜찮아요

It's all right.

‪[정하가 뚜껑을 탁 내려놓는다]

‪난 왜 팩 안 해 줘요?

How come I don’t get a face pack?

‪피부 좋아서 할 필요 없어요

You have good skin, so you don’t need it.

‪[부드러운 음악]

‪"옴므정 서울 ‪헤어&메이크업"

EFFORTLESS HAIRSTYLE AND MAKEUP

‪[의미심장한 효과음]

‪(정하) ‪끝났습니다

It’s done.

‪(혜준) ‪수고하셨습니다

It’s done. Thank you.

‪(스태프) ‪원장님이 잠깐 오시라는데요?

The salon director is asking for you.

‪(진주) ‪거의 다 됐거든요?

It’s almost done. But can I finish this up after I briefly talk to her?

‪잠깐 얘기하고 와서 ‪마무리해도 될까요?

It’s almost done. But can I finish this up after I briefly talk to her?

‪(해효) ‪네, 괜찮아요, 시간 많아요, 우리

Sure. It’s fine. We have a lot of time.

‪(진주) ‪감사합니다

Thank you.

‪(혜준) ‪나 나가 있을게, 다 하고 와

I’ll be out. Come out once you’re done.

‪(해효) ‪같이 가, 잠깐이면 된다잖아

Wait for me here. She said it won’t take long.

‪(혜준) ‪다 끝났는데 ‪앉아 있기 눈치 보이니까 그렇지

I’m done with my makeup. I feel bad taking up the spot.

‪(해효) ‪앉아 있으면 안 돼요?

Can he stay here?

‪돼요

He can.

‪[휴대전화 진동음]

‪(해효) ‪어, 엄마

Yes, Mom.

‪어, 여기 왔다고? 왜?

What? You’re here? Why?

‪(혜준) ‪여기 더 앉아 있어도 돼요?

Can I sit in the chair?

‪아, 네

Yes.

‪(해효) ‪지금 나오라고?

You want me to come out now?

‪(혜준) ‪근데 원래 그렇게 말이 없어요?

But are you always this quiet?

‪(정하) ‪아니요

-No. -Okay.

‪(해효) ‪알았어, 알았어요

-No. -Okay.

‪엄마가 뭐 준다고 나오라는데?

I have to go out. She has something for me.

‪갔다 와

I have to go out. She has something for me. Go, then.

‪이거 어떡해?

What about this?

‪(혜준) ‪다 됐어, 가도 돼

It's done. You can go.

‪(해효) ‪아, 입술이…

Gosh. My lips…

‪이것 좀 마무리해 주세요

Can you finish this up?

‪아, 진주 디자이너님 고객이라 안 돼요

You're not my client. I can't do that.

‪(혜준) ‪내가 갔다 올까?

Should I pick it up for you?

‪(해효) ‪나보고 오래

She wants me to come.

‪근데 되게 빡빡하다

By the way, you're too cold.

‪(혜준) ‪같은 숍인 거 같은데

It looks like you work at the same salon. Do you have to divide clients?

‪꼭 그렇게 내 고객, 네 고객 ‪나눠야 돼요?

It looks like you work at the same salon. Do you have to divide clients?

‪(해효) ‪두 분이 사이 안 좋은가 봐요?

I guess you guys aren’t on good terms.

‪네

No.

‪(정하) ‪아니, 아니요

Wait, no. That's not it.

‪저 해 준 선생님 성질 더러워요?

Does she have a nasty temper?

‪(혜준) ‪야

Does she have a nasty temper? If you were her, would you answer that?

‪너 같으면 ‪더러우면 더럽다고 얘기하겠냐?

If you were her, would you answer that?

‪할게요

I'll do it.

‪(정하) ‪해 드릴게요

I'll do it for you.

‪[정하가 붓을 탁 집는다]

‪저희 선생님 성질 더럽지 않아요

She’s not mean at all.

‪어떤 사람들은…

People say… I’m not saying that’s everyone.

‪대부분의 사람들이 ‪그렇다는 건 아니고요

People say… I’m not saying that’s everyone.

‪어떤 사람들이 그러는데

Some people say that

‪제가 좀 사람을 ‪편하게 해 주지 못한대요

I’m not good at making people feel comfortable.

‪씁, 나랑 반대네?

I’m the opposite.

‪난 사람들이 너무 편하게 해 준다고 ‪다들 좋아하잖아

People love me because I make them feel so comfortable.

‪(해효) ‪음, 사람들만 좋아하냐?

Yes. It’s not just people.

‪동네 개들도 너만 보면 좋아서 ‪개 소리 작렬이잖아

When the dogs see you, they are so happy that they start barking.

‪뭐?

What?

‪(해효) ‪멍, 멍! ‪[웃음]

What?

‪[혜준이 어른다] ‪[해효가 개 울음을 흉내 낸다]

‪(혜준) ‪잘한다, 한 번 더

Good dog. One more time.

‪[혜준과 정하의 웃음] ‪(혜준) ‪그만해, 그만

Stop it.

‪[진주의 한숨] ‪(진주) ‪너는 언제나 이렇구나?

So you always do this. You always try to steal clients.

‪남의 손님한테 껄떡대는 거

So you always do this. You always try to steal clients.

‪하, 저번에는 실수거니 했어 ‪너도 인정하지?

I thought it was a mistake last time. You agree the first mistake is

‪한 번은 실수지만 두 번은 습관인 거

considered unintentional, but after that, it's a nasty habit.

‪선생님, 그게 아니라 고객님께서…

It’s not what you think. The client--

‪(진주) ‪죄송해요

I’m sorry. She and I made a promise.

‪제가 이 친구하고 ‪약속한 게 하나 있거든요

I’m sorry. She and I made a promise.

‪이런 일 다시 한번 생기면 ‪그때는 개망신 주겠다고

I told her I would humiliate her if this happens again.

‪약속은 지켜야 되잖아요

I have to keep my promise.

‪- (혜준) 저… ‪- (진주) 어어

-Well-- -No.

‪(진주) ‪이런 데서 편들면 ‪상대방이 더 곤란해지는 거 알죠?

You know if you side with her, you’ll make it more difficult for her.

‪죄송합니다, 선생님

I'm sorry.

‪[진주의 한숨]

‪(진주) ‪사람들은 내가 나쁘다고 생각할 거야

People will think I’m the mean one here. "She should let it go. Why is she doing that?"

‪'참지, 왜 저러나?'

"She should let it go. Why is she doing that?"

‪하지만 넌 알잖아 ‪네가 얼마나 사악한지

But you know how evil you are.

‪[정하가 도구를 탁 내려놓는다]

‪(진주) ‪얼굴 라인 좀 빼 드릴게요

I'll contour your face

‪셰이딩 한번 할게요

and do shading.

‪[차분한 음악]

‪[정하가 훌쩍인다]

‪[정하의 떨리는 숨소리]

‪[한숨]

‪[코를 훌쩍인다]

‪[떨리는 숨소리]

‪[숨을 후 내뱉는다]

‪[코를 훌쩍인다]

‪[한숨]

‪[코를 훌쩍인다]

‪이런 행운이 어떻게 나한테 왔을까?

“I can’t believe I got this lucky.

‪살면서 이런 벅찬 순간이 ‪나한테 오다니

This is such an exciting moment of my life.

‪착하게 산 보람이 있구나

Living an honest life paid off.

‪정말 감사하면서 살아야겠다는 개뿔

I should be grateful.” Scratch all of that. Damn it.

‪[한숨]

‪그 와중에 우리 혜준이는 ‪왜 이렇게 멋있니?

But why was Hye-jun so handsome today?

‪[헛웃음]

‪[휴대전화 조작음] ‪[코를 훌쩍인다]

‪착하게 사는 거랑 행복하게 사는 거랑 ‪무슨 상관이야?

Living an honest life doesn't mean I'll be happy in life.

‪[코를 훌쩍인다]

‪하, 인생은 원래

Nasty people who don’t care about others

‪성질 못돼 처먹고 ‪남 배려 안 하는 인간이 위너야

Nasty people who don’t care about others always win in this life.

‪네 팬 하기를 ‪정말 잘했다는 생각이 들어

But I’m so glad that I decided to be your fan.

‪[웃음]

But I’m so glad that I decided to be your fan.

‪(혜준) ‪내 팬이었어요?

Are you my fan?

‪뭐예요?

What?

‪[발걸음이 울린다]

‪[밝은 음악]

‪나 좋아했어요?

Do you like me?

‪(정하) ‪떨렸어요

I was nervous.

‪얼마나 떨렸는지 알아요? ‪[정하의 신난 탄성]

Do you know how nervous I was?

‪(민재) ‪[영어] ‪어, 대니얼, 나야

‪(민재) ‪[한국어] ‪나 사고 쳤어, 혜준아

I did something crazy, Hye-jun.

‪[카메라 셔터음이 연신 울린다] ‪(혜준) ‪다시 시작하면 돼

I can start again.

‪(찰리) ‪같이 시작한 해효를 봐

Look at Hae-hyo now. You two started out together.

‪걔는 백그라운드가 좋으니까 ‪계속 승승장구잖아

Since he has support, things are working out for him.

‪(혜준) ‪혼자 할 수 없으면 그만둬야죠

If I can’t do it on my own, I should quit.

‪(영남) ‪그럼 이제 군대 가면 되겠네

Now, you can go to the military.

‪가족이라면서, 날 위한다면서?

You said you’re my family. You want the best for me.

‪- (경준) 야, 가족이 무슨 만능 키야? ‪- (혜준) 그럼!

-Family can’t solve everything. -Then,

‪내 인생에 훈수 두지 마

don’t tell me what to do with my life.

 

No comments: