Search This Blog



  소년 심판 4

Juvenile Justice 4

[KOR-ENG DUAL SUB]



‪[어두운 음악] ‪처분하겠습니다

Here's the court's decision.

‪아동 학대 범죄 처벌 등에 관한 ‪특례법 제36조 1항에 의거

According to Article 36, Clause 1 of the Act on Special Cases Concerning Punishment for Child Abuse,

‪(은석) 아동 학대 행위자는

a child abuser is forbidden to approach their family members for a year,

‪가족 구성원에게 접근하는 행위의 ‪1년 제한

a child abuser is forbidden to approach their family members for a year,

‪피해 아동의 주거지로부터의 ‪1년 퇴거

compelled to leave the victim's home for a year,

‪전기 통신을 이용하여 ‪접근하는 행위의 1년 제한

forbidden to approach the victim via telecommunications for a year,

‪친권 1년 제한

divested of all parental rights,

‪사회봉사 200시간 명령 및 ‪수강 명령

sentenced to 200 hours of community service and training, and ordered to undergo treatment for alcoholism,

‪알코올 중독 치료 상담 명령

and ordered to undergo treatment for alcoholism,

‪그리고

and also…

‪(은석) 그래서 보여 주려고

[Eun-seok] All I want is to show you how a perpetrator can be punished,

‪당한 사람이 격리되지 않고

[Eun-seok] All I want is to show you how a perpetrator can be punished,

‪폭력을 행한 사람이 격리되는 거

and not the victim who doesn't deserve it.

‪피해자는 집을 지키고

The victim will get to stay home…

‪가해자 벌받는 거

while the perpetrator's punished.

‪그거 보여 준다고

I'll show you that… it can happen

‪내가

I'll show you that… it can happen

‪(은석) 그리고

[Eun-seok] And also…

‪1년 감호 시설 위탁을 명령한다

sentenced to a one-month long detention.

‪아이, 이건 아니지, 아니

Ah, that's not right. I scolded my own child.

‪(유리 부) 내 새끼 ‪내가 좀 혼냈다고 이…

Ah, that's not right. I scolded my own child.

‪(은석) 사유에 따라 보호 처분은 ‪[흐느낀다]

[Eun-seok] Depending on the reason,

‪변경 및 기간 연장을 할 수 있으며

the protective order can be changed or extended.

‪보호 처분을 이행하지 않거나

If you don't follow the order or accept the decision,

‪그 집행에 따르지 않을 시

If you don't follow the order or accept the decision, this case will be sent to the Public Prosecutors' Office,

‪해당 사건은 검찰로 송치

this case will be sent to the Public Prosecutors' Office,

‪정식 형사 재판을 ‪받을 수도 있게 된다

and then you will likely face a criminal trial.

‪더불어 알코올 중독 상담 치료 ‪명령에 따른 비용은

And the state is not obligated to bear the expenses

‪국가가 부담할 필요가 없으므로

for alcoholism treatment.

‪본인이 직접 비용을 부담한다

Therefore, you must pay for it yourself.

‪[유리가 흐느낀다]

[Yu-ri sobbing]

‪본인이 학대의 피해자였다고

Even if you were a victim yourself,

‪가족에게 똑같이 ‪폭력을 행사한다면

that doesn't make it any less of a crime…

‪그건 엄연한 범죄입니다

to use violence towards your family.

‪법은 사실 관계로 판단합니다

[Eun-seok] The law judges facts.

‪'내 아버지니까'

Because you're a father,

‪'내 아들이니까'

because you're a son.

‪안 통합니다

That doesn't matter.

‪그래서

What matters is whether or not…

‪'폭행을 했는가'

What matters is whether or not…

‪'아닌가'

you are violent.

‪이상

That's all.

‪재판을 마칩니다

This trial is now closed.

‪[탁 덮는다]

[folder closes, thuds]

‪(유리 조모) 아이고, 유리야 ‪[문이 탁 열린다]

[cries] [door opens]

‪[문이 탁 닫힌다]

-[door closes] -[Yu-ri wailing]

‪(유리 조모) [흐느끼며] ‪아이고, 아이고야

[sobbing]

‪[문이 탁 열린다] ‪아, 아, 아이고야

-[mumbles and weeps] -[door opens]

‪[문이 탁 닫힌다]

-[mumbles and weeps] -[door opens]

‪아이고

[grandmother mumbles]

‪[유리와 유리 조모가 연신 운다]

‪(은석) 뭐야?

[Eun-seok] What is it?

‪왜 말씀 안 하셨습니까?

Why didn't you tell me?

‪서유리 사건

Your plan for Yu-ri's case.

‪처음부터 알았다면 ‪제가 그런 언행은 안 했을 텐데

If I had known, I wouldn't have been so harsh with you.

‪꼭 내가 잘못한 거 같다?

Are you saying it's my fault?

‪아니요, 그건 아니고

No, it's not that--

‪(은석) 합의부 사건도 아니고 ‪이 사건 내 단독이야

It wasn't the collegiate division's case, it was my case.

‪그런 것까지 내가 너한테 ‪일일이 보고해야 돼?

Do I have to report all the details to you?

‪더 할 말 없으면 비켜, 귀찮아

Move aside, please. You're in the way.

‪[어깨가 툭 부딪친다]

[thuds]

‪(경찰) 서원식 씨?

-Mr. Seo Won-sik. -[handcuffs clinking]

‪재판 중 존속 상해 혐의로 ‪현행범으로 체포합니다

You're under arrest for assaulting your mother during a trial.

‪존속 상해는 무슨

"Assaulting her"? What the hell? Wha… Wait!

‪[유리 부가 소리친다] ‪(은석) 세상에 동화 같은 ‪인생 없어

"Assaulting her"? What the hell? Wha… Wait! [Eun-seok] No one's living a fairy-tale life in this world. Wait! Fuck!

‪[유리가 엉엉 운다] ‪(은석) 그건 지금까지 살아 본 ‪내가 장담해

Wait! Fuck! [Eun-seok] I can assure you that from experience.

‪[잔잔한 음악]

[Eun-seok] I can assure you that from experience.

‪그저 각자의 한계를 극복하느냐 ‪아니냐로 갈릴 뿐이야

What makes a difference is whether or not you overcomes your limitations.

‪(은석) 그러니까 우리 주변에 ‪법원이 있고 경찰서가 있고

That's why there are courts and police stations around us.

‪나 같은 사람이 ‪먹고사는 거 아니겠니?

And why people like me can make a living.

‪싸가지 없이 어른한테 ‪말대꾸하지 마

Don't talk back to your elders like a spoiled kid.

‪기분 나쁘다고 말 놓지 마

Don't be offensive just because you're sad.

‪말보다 감정 앞세우지 마

Don't put your emotions before your words.

‪어른 보면 먼저 인사하고

Say hello to your elders first.

‪웃을 일 없어도

And even without a reason, try to smile.

‪웃으면서 살아

And even without a reason, try to smile.

‪그래야 없던 복도 들어와

Those things will bring you luck.

‪장하다

Well done.

‪버텨 내느라

You were strong.

‪저 판사님 싫어요

I never liked you.

‪제가 판사님 얼마나 욕했는데

I talked back to you so many times.

‪[울며] 저한테 왜 그래요, 진짜

Why are you doing this to me?

‪(유리) 저한테 왜 그래요, 진짜

[Yu-ri] Why are you doing this to me?

‪진짜 판사님 싫어요

I really hate you.

‪[글을 쓱쓱 쓴다]

‪[휴대전화 진동음]

[phone vibrates]

‪[쓴 숨을 내뱉는다]

[sighs]

‪(은석) 여기 잔 하나 더 주세요

One more glass, please.

‪(태주) 참…

[Tae-ju sighs]

‪피는 못 속이나 봐요

An apple never falls far from the tree.

‪그렇게 아버지 ‪술 먹는 거 싫어했는데

My father was an alcoholic, and I really hated it.

‪그래서 나는 절대로 술 같은 거

I hated it so much I promised myself…

‪입에도 대지 않을 거라고 ‪다짐했었는데

that I would never ever even touch alcohol.

‪이게 너무 달아요

But this tastes so good.

‪죄송합니다, 판사님

I'm sorry, Judge Sim.

‪제가 이 말을

I should have…

‪먼저 했었어야 됐는데

I should have said that first.

‪뱉은 말은 있고 염치도 없고

[Tae-ju] I was ashamed of myself for saying such harsh words.

‪제가 비주류 출신인 건 아시죠?

You do know I'm a bit of an outlander here, right?

‪[태주가 술을 졸졸 따른다]

‪발에 차이는 게 서울법대 출신인 ‪이 바닥에서

Most judges got a degree from SNU Law School.

‪[술병을 탁 내려놓는다]

Most judges got a degree from SNU Law School.

‪별보다 더 보기 힘들다는 ‪검정고시 출신입니다, 제가

But I only got a GED, which is really rare in this field.

‪진짜 소년부 하나만 보고 ‪여기까지 왔어요

I studied really hard and I put in a lot of effort, so I could work at a juvenile court.

‪진짜

Seriously.

‪엉덩이에 물집 잡혀 가면서 진짜

I studied so hard that I even got blisters on my butt.

‪와, 죽도록

I studied so hard that I even got blisters on my butt.

‪왜 그렇게 기를 썼는데?

Why so much effort?

‪나처럼 살지 말라고

So they don't live like I did.

‪[어두운 음악]

‪[문이 철컹 닫힌다]

TRANSPORT MINISTRY OF JUSTICE [door squeaking]

‪(판사) 존속 살인 미수 혐의로

[judge] The court puts Cha Tae-ju on probation number ten

‪차태주에게 10호를 처분한다 ‪[어두운 효과음]

[judge] The court puts Cha Tae-ju on probation number ten for attempted patricide.

‪[한숨]

[sighs]

‪저는 제 과거가 싫거든요 ‪[잔잔한 음악]

I, uh, you know, I hate my past.

‪(은석) 이번 재판은

I owe you big time…

‪차 판 공이 커

for this trial.

‪(태주) 가정 폭력으로 ‪상처받은 아이요

[Tae-ju] She's a child who suffered from abuse.

‪그 아이에서 더 자라지 않아요

Children like that never grow up.

‪10년? 20년?

Ten years? Twenty years?

‪그냥 시간만 가는 겁니다, 예

Time will quickly pass by, yeah.

‪그 시간에서 혼자 그 아이 ‪갇혀 있는 거라고요

But she'll still be an abused kid. She'll still carry that weight.

‪(은석) 그 말로 간신히 설득했거든

[Eun-seok] I used what you said to persuade her.

‪그냥 우시더라, 그 얘기에

When she heard that, she just cried…

‪아무 말 못 하시고

without saying anything.

‪참

[lips smack]

‪그, 어른들은 잘 몰라요

Grown-ups have no clue how much that can actually hurt their children.

‪그때 그 아이가 ‪얼마나 큰 상처를 받는지

Grown-ups have no clue how much that can actually hurt their children.

‪[태주가 술을 졸졸 따른다]

[alcohol pouring]

‪[태주가 술병을 탁 내려놓는다]

‪그러니까 그렇게 매번 ‪진미채를 해 오지

That's why my mother always brings me dried squid.

‪(태주) 전 그거 ‪입에도 안 대거든요

I never even touch it because it was that jerk's favorite dish.

‪그 인간이 좋아하던 반찬이라

I never even touch it because it was that jerk's favorite dish.

‪우리 아버지가 그랬어요

My father was just like…

‪[술병을 탁 든다]

‪[술을 졸졸 따르며] ‪유리 아버지처럼

Yu-ri's father.

‪(태주) 피해 소년입니다

[Tae-ju] She's a victim.

‪유리 입장 생각 안 하세요? ‪마땅한 보호를 해 줘야죠

Yu-ri needs protection. Don't you care about her at all?

‪아니, 어떻게 이렇게 ‪몰아세우십니까

How can you be so hard on her like this?

‪[태주가 술병을 탁 내려놓는다]

[bottle thuds]

‪제가 어릴 때

When I was little, not the judge in charge of me,

‪제 담당 판사님은 아니고

When I was little, not the judge in charge of me,

‪저 도와주시던 판사님이 ‪한 분 계셨는데

but there was this other judge who helped me. [sniffles]

‪그분이 저 사람 만들었어요

[sniffles] He whipped me into shape.

‪[잔잔한 음악] ‪(강 판사) 미쳤어?

[judge] Are you crazy?

‪너 하나 때문에 보호 시설이 ‪얼마나 뒤집어졌는 줄 알아?

You turned the whole facility upside down. You know that?

‪나도 인마, 심리 끝나자마자 ‪너 잡으려고 뛰쳐나왔어!

I had to come here right after a hearing to catch you, man.

‪네 담당 판사는 난리가 났고!

The judge in charge of you is in a panic.

‪어머니를 좀 생각해

Just think of your mother.

‪엄마 혼자 불쌍하지도 않냐?

Don't you feel sorry for her?

‪알면 정신 좀 차려

If you do, wake up.

‪제발

Please.

‪(태주) 사시 붙고

After I passed the bar exam, I was going to visit him.

‪인사라도 드리려고 했는데

After I passed the bar exam, I was going to visit him.

‪못 했어요

But I couldn't.

‪연락이 끊겨서

We didn't keep in touch.

‪[태주의 헛웃음]

[Tae-ju chuckles]

‪잘 모르겠어요 ‪못 한 건지 안 한 건지

[Tae-ju] I'm not sure if I couldn't or I just didn't.

‪그렇게 십몇 년 지나고 나니까

And now, after over ten years, I can't quite remember his face.

‪얼굴도 가물가물해지더라고요

And now, after over ten years, I can't quite remember his face.

‪후회가, 참…

I'm very…

‪후회가 돼요

regretful now.

‪그때 성함이라도 ‪여쭤봤어야 되는데

I should have at least asked his name.

‪(태주) 뭐, 그냥 그런 생각은 해요

[Tae-ju] But I'm sure he's probably out there somewhere,

‪어딘가에서 ‪더 좋은 판사님 되셨겠지

and he probably became an even better judge

‪원래 판사가 천직이신 분이니까

because he was born to be a judge.

‪22년 동안 법원 밥만 먹었으면

I've worked in a courthouse for over 22 years.

‪그만 바꿀 때도 됐죠

So it's time to make a change.

‪나서겠습니다

I'm leaving the court.

‪법원 말고

And I'm joining…

‪국회로

the Assembly.

‪[어두운 음악]

the Assembly. [uneasy music]

‪참…

[sighs]

‪만나면 할 말 참 많을 것 같은데

I have a lot to say to him when I meet him again.

‪(태주) 한잔하시겠습니까?

Let's drink, shall we?

‪[거친 숨소리]

‪[물소리가 들린다] ‪[휴대전화 진동음]

-[shower running] -[phone vibrating]

‪[휴대전화 진동음]

MISSED CALL WHERE ARE YOU HIDING AGAIN? DO YOU THINK I WON'T BE ABLE TO FIND YOU?

‪- (경비원) 안녕하세요, 차 판사님 ‪- (태주) 안녕하십니까

-[guard] Good morning, Mr. Cha. -[Tae-ju] Good morning.

‪(태주) 이거 하나 드세요

Here, have this. I bought two and got one free.

‪두 개 사니까 하나 더 주더라고요

Here, have this. I bought two and got one free.

‪(경비원) 아유, 감사합니다 ‪잘 먹겠습니다

Oh, thank you! Thank you for the drink.

‪- (태주) 안녕하십니까 ‪- (은석) 응

Good morning. Mm.

‪아, 순간 월요일인 줄 알고

For a moment, I thought today was Monday.

‪금요일에도 야근하시더니

You worked late Friday night.

‪[문이 철컥 닫힌다] ‪기록이 많네

-[door closes] -I have a lot to read.

‪아, 원 플러스 원이더라고요

It was "buy one, get one free."

‪[태주의 웃음]

[Tae-ju chuckles shyly]

‪감사드리는 것도 좀 있고

Actually, I'm grateful to you, too.

‪그, 포장마차에서

You listened to my story when I was drunk at the cart bar.

‪제 술주정도 다 들어 주시고

You listened to my story when I was drunk at the cart bar.

‪제가 사실 처음이었거든요

Actually, it was my first time talking about myself--

‪- 그, 속 얘기… ‪- (은석) 불편했는데, 난

Actually, it was my first time talking about myself-- [Eun-seok] It made me feel uncomfortable.

‪일로 만난 사람끼리 ‪사생활 공유하고

When my colleagues talk about their personal lives and secrets,

‪속 얘기 터놓는 거

When my colleagues talk about their personal lives and secrets,

‪남의 속사정도 귀찮고

I get really agitated.

‪누가 날 아는 거

And I don't want anyone…

‪싫어, 난

…to know about me.

‪아

Ah.

‪그땐 말할 타이밍을 놓쳐서

I missed the chance to tell you this then.

‪(은석) 일하라고 붙여 놓은 거

We're here to work together. So let's just work.

‪일만 하자

We're here to work together. So let's just work.

‪예

Sure.

‪[종이를 사락거린다]

‪보조인, 진술하세요

Counselor, your statement.

‪(변호사) 현지는 ‪중고 거래 사이트에서

[lawyer] Hyeon-ji admits the charge of making a fraudulent deal on an online thrift store

‪휴대폰 거래 사기를 친 혐의를 ‪모두 인정하고

of making a fraudulent deal on an online thrift store

‪깊이 반성하고 있습니다

and deeply regrets it.

‪아버님 역시 선처만 해 주신다면

Her father also promised that he'll take better care of her

‪현지에게 더욱 신경 쓰겠다 ‪다짐하셨고요

if you impose a mild punishment on her.

‪선처 부탁드립니다

We ask for leniency.

‪(원중) 아버님, 저번 재판에서

Mr. Yoo, in the previous trial,

‪알코올 중독 상담 센터 ‪연결해 드렸는데

the court asked you to go to an alcoholism counseling center.

‪다니다 마셨죠?

You're not going, are you?

‪(현지 부) 이, 일하다 보니

I… I had to work, so I couldn't keep it up.

‪매번 가기가 좀…

I… I had to work, so I couldn't keep it up.

‪그래도 가셨어야죠!

But you still had to go!

‪(원중) 아버님이 달라지셔야 ‪현지도 달라지죠

Hyeon-ji won't change if you don't make an effort to change.

‪죄송합니다

I'm sorry.

‪어떻게, 일은 뭐 ‪꾸준히 하고 계세요?

Do you currently have a steady job?

‪(현지 부) 경기가 워낙 안 좋아서

[Mr. Yoo] The economy is bad right now.

‪일용직이시죠?

-Do you work day jobs? -Yes.

‪예

-Do you work day jobs? -Yes.

‪(원중) 직업 훈련 상담 센터 ‪연결해 드릴 테니까

We'll send you to a vocational counseling center.

‪상담받아 보시고요

You should get counseling.

‪피해자에게는

And make sure to return…

‪그, 사기 친 6만 원

the 60,000 won…

‪그거 꼭, 예?

you obtained by fraud to the victim, okay?

‪돌려주셔야 합니다

you obtained by fraud to the victim, okay?

‪(현지 부) 예, 예, 판사님

[Mr. Yoo] Yes, Your Honor.

‪(원중) 유현지, 저번 재판에서

Yoo Hyeon-ji, I gave you two chances in the previous trials.

‪판사님이 두 번 기회 줬다

Yoo Hyeon-ji, I gave you two chances in the previous trials.

‪근데 또 법정에 왔네?

But you're standing in the court again.

‪죄송합니다

I'm really sorry.

‪(원중) 근데 어떡하지? ‪세 번째는 아웃인데

It's too bad. Since it's the third time, you're out.

‪처분하겠습니다

This is the court's decision.

‪유현지에게

Yoo Hyeon-ji on probation number four for a year…

‪1년간 보호 관찰인 4호 처분과

Yoo Hyeon-ji on probation number four for a year…

‪시설 격리 처분인 6호 처분합니다

and also probation number six.

‪판사님

Your Honor, please.

‪[어두운 음악]

‪(현지 부) 현, 현지야

[Mr. Yoo] Hyeon… Hyeon-ji.

‪재판, 재판장님

Your… Your Honor.

‪- (현지 부) 현지 ‪- 나가셔야 합니다

-Hyeon-ji… -You must leave the courtroom.

‪(현지 부) 현지야, 예?

-[handcuffs clink] -[Mr. Yoo] Hyeon-ji? What?

‪(원중) 유현지 처분 변경하자

[Won-jung] I'll change my decision. When she's released from the Juvenile Classification Home,

‪소년 분류 심사원 나오면 ‪6호 시설 말고

When she's released from the Juvenile Classification Home, send her to the Home for Girls instead of the probation six facility.

‪청소년 회복 센터로 보내

send her to the Home for Girls instead of the probation six facility.

‪샬롬 말고 푸름으로

Not Shalom, Pureum.

‪(영실) 아…

Oh, it weighs on your mind, doesn't it?

‪아무래도 좀 걸리시죠?

Oh, it weighs on your mind, doesn't it?

‪(원중) 의미 없지, 뭐

Well, it's pointless.

‪(영실) 예, 알겠습니다

Yes, sir. I'll call Pureum Home for Girls right away, Mr. Kang.

‪바로 푸름 청소년 회복 센터로 ‪연락하겠습니다

Yes, sir. I'll call Pureum Home for Girls right away, Mr. Kang.

‪아, 이번 주 방문 조사 건도 ‪언급해 주고

Oh, and also tell them that we'll make a visit this week.

‪(영실) 예, 알겠습니다

[Yeong-sil] Yes, sir.

‪근데 아까 그게 무슨 소리예요?

Uh, what did he mean by that earlier?

‪6호 처분을 줬는데 ‪의미가 없다니요?

He said probation number six was pointless.

‪현지가 이번에 중고 사기로 ‪받아 낸 금액이 얼마였노?

How much did Hyeon-ji get by fraud this time?

‪- 6, 6만 원이요 ‪- (영실) 어, 그래, 6만 원

-60,000 won. -Exactly, 60,000 won.

‪야, 6만 원 사기로

Can she be sent to a, uh,

‪최고 처분인 ‪소년원에 보낼 순 없겠제?

Can she be sent to a, uh, Youth Detention Center for just 60,000 won?

‪그렇죠

Youth Detention Center for just 60,000 won? -No. -But he couldn't send her back home either

‪(영실) 그렇다고 집으로 ‪다시 돌려보내기에는

-No. -But he couldn't send her back home either

‪이미 두 번이나 기회를 줬고

-No. -But he couldn't send her back home either because he already gave her two chances.

‪그래서 그 중간인 6호 시설로 ‪보내자는 건데

So that's why he decided to put her in a protective facility.

‪(영실) 이게 의문이 드는 거지

[Yeong-sil] But then, he questioned himself.

‪과연 6호 처분이 옳은 처분인가

He wondered if it was an appropriate punishment.

‪만 14세면 ‪알바도 못 하는 나이잖아

She's 14, so she's not allowed to work part-time

‪(영실) 집에 돈 버는 사람도 없고

and no one in her family had an income.

‪그러니까 가도 뭐 ‪살라고 그런 거다, 먹고살라고

and no one in her family had an income. She did that to survive, to get some money for food.

‪(영실) 그니까 결국은 ‪알코올 중독에

Her father, who was an alcoholic and not protective of his daughter,

‪보호력 없는 아버지가 원인인 건데

Her father, who was an alcoholic and not protective of his daughter, is the cause of the problem.

‪아이한테만 높은 처분을 주는 게 ‪무슨 의미가 있겠나 싶으신 거지

So he thought it was pointless to impose severe punishment only on the child.

‪그래 가지고 그 ‪가족들을 대신해 가지고

That's why he changed his mind to send her to the Home for Girls, a foster family

‪아이들을 돌봐 주는 대안 가정

That's why he changed his mind to send her to the Home for Girls, a foster family

‪청소년 회복 센터로 ‪결정을 하신 거고

who can take care of her on her father's behalf.

‪아…

Ah!

‪(영실) 그러니까 처벌보다는 ‪환경 조정을 해 주신 거지

So rather than punishing her, he changed her environment.

‪아가 그, 센터에 가 있는 동안에

While she's staying at the youth facility,

‪보호자는 알코올 중독 치료 받고 ‪직업 상담 받고

her guardian can undergo treatment for alcoholism and get job counseling to build up strength to raise his child again.

‪이라면서 다시 힘을 기르라는 거고 ‪자식 키울 힘을

and get job counseling to build up strength to raise his child again.

‪처분을 보면 ‪판사님들의 성향이 보인다던데

They say a judge's decision reflects their character.

‪오, 되게 의외다, 우리 부장님

Well, that's quite unexpected.

‪응, 의외? 어

"Unexpected"? I'll tell Mr. Kang that.

‪확 다 일러 준다, 어?

I'll tell Mr. Kang that.

‪야, 니가 잘 몰라서 그렇지 ‪부장님 원래 좋은 분이다

Hey, you don't know him well. He's actually a good person.

‪아, 근데 그, 왜 매번 푸름입니까? ‪[따뜻한 음악]

Oh, by the way, why is it always Pureum?

‪(영실) 뭐, 우리 법원 ‪첫 위탁 센터이기도 하고

WELCOME PUREUM HOME FOR GIRLS [Yeong-sil] Well, it's the first foster care center of this court.

‪또 오선자 센터장님 센터잖아

And, most importantly, it's run by Mrs. O Seon-ja.

‪(선자) 자, 이게 문항이 좀 많아

Girls, I know it's a lot of questions, but you should take them seriously.

‪많은데 이거 ‪장난으로 하면 안 되고

Girls, I know it's a lot of questions, but you should take them seriously. [Seon-ja] Be honest.

‪이거 솔직하게, 이름 쓰고

[Seon-ja] Be honest. Write down your names.

‪우리 유경이 요즘 괜찮아?

So, Yu-gyeong, are you okay?

‪- 네 ‪- (선자) 불안한 거에도

-Yeah. -There are many reasons for anxiety.

‪(선자) 종류가 많이 있거든

-Yeah. -There are many reasons for anxiety.

‪어, 미래를 알 수 없어서 ‪아니면, 씁

For example, thinking your future is uncertain

‪미래가 너무 어두울 거 같아서

or thinking your future is doomed.

‪아니, 우리 은술이가 ‪검정고시 성적도 좋고

Eun-sol got a good score on the GED

‪조리사 자격증 두 개나 땄잖아요

-and got two culinary art certificates. -[mother] Yes.

‪그러니까 요리 관련 학교로

-and got two culinary art certificates. -[mother] Yes. So my suggestion is that you get her enrolled in a culinary arts school.

‪진학을 해 보시면 ‪좋을 거 같아서요

So my suggestion is that you get her enrolled in a culinary arts school.

‪감사합니다

[sobbing] Thank you, ma'am. Thank you so much.

‪정말 감사합니다

[sobbing] Thank you, ma'am. Thank you so much.

‪뭘 나한테 감사해요 ‪은술이가 잘한 거지

Don't thank me. Eun-sol did really well.

‪[함께 웃는다]

-[giggling] -Mine came out really good.

‪(민경) 빵꾸 났어, 야, 야, 야

[overlapping chatter] -Want some gimbap? -[Seon-ja] Are you done?

‪- (민주) 김밥 먹을래? ‪- (선자) 다 됐어?

-Want some gimbap? -[Seon-ja] Are you done?

‪- (은정) 하고 있어요 ‪- (선자) 하고 있어?

-We're still doing it. -Guys, you made a mess.

‪(선자) 난리 났네, 난리 났어 ‪아주 그냥 ‪[아이들의 웃음]

-We're still doing it. -Guys, you made a mess. -For goodness sake. -Do it like this.

‪(유경) 이게 더 맛있어요 ‪[지은의 다급한 신음]

-For goodness sake. -Do it like this. -Here you go. -Oh!

‪아, 오선자 센터장님이 ‪여기 푸름이에요?

Oh, Mrs. O Seon-ja runs Pureum?

‪(범) 그, 스타 강사 오선자? ‪청소년 상담 강사?

O Seon-ja, the star lecturer and youth counselor?

‪- 그래 ‪- (범) 오!

Yeah. Aww, that's awesome.

‪대박이네?

Aww, that's awesome.

‪(범) 아, 근데

But I heard rumors that she has a really bad temper.

‪들리는 소문으로는 ‪성격이 좀 안 좋으시다던데

But I heard rumors that she has a really bad temper.

‪야, 니 나가 가지고 ‪한번 찾아볼래?

Hey, why don't you go out there and look for a good-tempered person

‪소년 관련 직종 중에서 ‪성격 좋은 사람 어디 있는지

Hey, why don't you go out there and look for a good-tempered person who has to deal with young offenders daily?

‪야, 이게 아 인생이 걸린 일인데

who has to deal with young offenders daily? This is about their lives.

‪이게 뭐, 보통 신경으로 ‪되는 줄 아나, 어?

Do you think you can do this work with just a good heart, you idiot?

‪핫바지 자식아

Do you think you can do this work with just a good heart, you idiot?

‪예, 하긴

Yeah, you're right. The people in this court are proof.

‪뭐, 우리 법원만 해도, 그렇죠

Yeah, you're right. The people in this court are proof.

‪아, 그리고 그, 푸름은 기본적으로 ‪프로그램부터가 다르다

Oh, and above all things, Pureum's program is pretty different as well.

‪심리 상담, 진로 방향, 어? ‪보호자 코칭까지

Therapy sessions, career counseling, and even coaching for guardians.

‪아, 그리고 그…

Oh, and you know, um, that we have to start inspecting

‪돌아오는 주부터

Oh, and you know, um, that we have to start inspecting

‪(원중) 시설 조사 기간인 거 ‪다들 알고 있지?

the youth facilities in the coming week, right?

‪소년원, 소년 분류 심사원

Detention centers, classification homes,

‪6호 시설인 천우례

Cheonurye, the probation six facility, and foster care centers.

‪청소년 회복 센터까지

Cheonurye, the probation six facility, and foster care centers.

‪소년을 잘 관리하는지 ‪관련 부정은 없는지

The court has to inspect all of those affiliated with it once a year

‪환경은 어떤지

to check the conditions

‪법원은 연계된 모든 위탁 시설을

and to see if they take good care of the young offenders

‪1년에 한 번씩 조사, 관리한다

or if there are any irregularities.

‪씁, 교도소에서 ‪수용자가 도망을 치면

Say, a prisoner escapes from a certain prison,

‪판사는 잡으러 다니지 않지만

judges don't go chasing after them.

‪이 위탁 시설에서 소년이 도망치면

But if a young offender were to escape,

‪소년 판사는 잡으러 다니거나 ‪방책을 강구하지

But if a young offender were to escape, juvenile judges have to either chase them or find a way to catch them.

‪왜? 소년 법관의 집행 감독 때문에

Why? Because juvenile judges have to supervise them as well.

‪[손뼉을 짝 치며] ‪아, 조사를 그…

Well, I'm planning to inspect the foster care centers first.

‪그, 회복 센터부터 ‪먼저 할까 하는데, 아!

Well, I'm planning to inspect the foster care centers first.

‪- 처음이제? ‪- (은석) 네

First time? Yes.

‪제가 있던 법원에서는 ‪연계를 안 했거든요

My previous court didn't have any links with them.

‪(원중) 잘됐네 ‪직접 보고 오면 도움 많이 될 거야

Oh, good. It will be helpful for you to see them yourself.

‪차 판도 작년에 못 가고 ‪올해 처음이거든

Mr. Cha couldn't join last year. It's his first time, too.

‪- 예 ‪- (원중) 내일 업무 좀 줄이고

-Yes. -Make some time tomorrow,

‪다 같이 출발하도록 하자고, 응?

then we'll all go, go together, okay?

‪(수미) 어, 내일 두 분 다

Oh, wait, both of you are visiting Pureum Home for Girls tomorrow, right?

‪푸름 청소년 회복 센터 ‪방문하신다면서요?

Oh, wait, both of you are visiting Pureum Home for Girls tomorrow, right?

‪- (태주) 예 ‪- (수미) 그러면

-Yeah. -[Su-mi] Then I suggest

‪늦어도 11시쯤에는 출발하시는 게 ‪좋을 거예요

that you leave at eleven o'clock at the latest

‪(수미) 점심은 ‪휴게소에서 해결하시고요

and have lunch at a rest area.

‪위치가 논산이라

The place is in Nonsan, so…

‪(태주) 아…

Ah…

‪(수미) 청소년 회복 센터는

The foster care centers are not state-run detention centers.

‪국가 격리 시설이 아닌 ‪100% 일반 가정집이라서

The foster care centers are not state-run detention centers. They're typically family homes, so the state doesn't financially support them.

‪국가 예산이 ‪제대로 지원되지 않거든요

so the state doesn't financially support them.

‪그래서 수도권에는 거의 없어요

That's why they're not in the metropolitan area.

‪주거 비용도 만만치가 않고요

Housing costs are pretty high, you know.

‪[어두운 음악]

‪(영상 속 선자) 안녕하세요 ‪안녕하세요

Hello. Hello.

‪저는 청소년들의 늙은 친구 ‪오선자입니다

I'm O Seon-ja. I'm the old friend of teenagers. Nice to meet you.

‪[영상 속 사람들의 박수] ‪반갑습니다, 반갑습니다

I'm O Seon-ja. I'm the old friend of teenagers. Nice to meet you. [Seon-ja] Nice to meet you.

‪자, 그럼 먼저 제가 여러분한테 ‪질문을 하나 할게요

[Seon-ja] Nice to meet you. All right. Let me start this off with a question.

‪여러분들, 우리 청소년들이 ‪제일 싫어하는 질문이 뭘까요?

Everyone, what's the question youngsters hate to be asked most?

‪네, 맞습니다

Yes, that's right. Youngsters hate all the questions asked by grown-ups.

‪우리 청소년들은

Youngsters hate all the questions asked by grown-ups.

‪어른이 하는 질문은 다 싫어해요

Youngsters hate all the questions asked by grown-ups.

‪[영상 속 사람들의 웃음] ‪[웃으며] 맞습니다 ‪그게 정답이에요

-[crowd laughs] -Yes, that's the correct answer.

‪이유는 단 두 가지예요

There are two reasons.

‪첫 번째, 한 가지

The first one, what's their intention in asking the question?

‪'의도가 뭐지? ‪질문의 의도가 뭐지?'

The first one, what's their intention in asking the question?

‪'우리 엄마가 또 ‪무슨 잔소리를 하려 그러지?' ‪[영상 속 사람들의 웃음]

"What is my mom nagging about this time?"

‪이렇게 생각합니다, 두 번째 ‪두 번째 이유

That's what they think. The second, the second reason, "What is your dream?"

‪'네 꿈이 뭐니?'

The second, the second reason, "What is your dream?"

‪(원중) 이거 차 판만 고생해서 ‪어떡하나

I'm sorry you have to go through this trouble.

‪올 때 운전은 내가 하지

I'll drive on the way back.

‪(태주) 아, 아닙니다, 뭐

Not at all, sir. It's nice to leave the city and get some fresh air.

‪이렇게 나오니까 저도

Not at all, sir. It's nice to leave the city and get some fresh air.

‪프레시하고 좋은데요, 뭐

Not at all, sir. It's nice to leave the city and get some fresh air.

‪(원중) 그럼 다행이고

[chuckles] Glad to hear it.

‪이동하는 동안만이라도 ‪잠깐 눈 좀 붙이세요

Why don't you take a nap on the way, sir?

‪휴게소 도착하면 깨워 드릴게요

We'll wake you up when we get to a rest area.

‪에이, 그거는 운전하는 ‪사람에 대한 예의가 아니지

No, I wouldn't do that to Tae-ju. It's impolite.

‪[태주의 웃음]

[Tae-ju chuckles]

‪(은석) 총인원 여덟

[Eun-seok] A total of eight girls.

‪성매매, 사기, 절도, 폭행

"Prostitution, fraud, theft, assault…"

‪통고까지

[Eun-seok sighs] And even a status offender?

‪종합 선물 세트네?

It's like a gift set.

‪여기 형광펜이 우리 법원?

Are the highlighted ones from our court?

‪(태주) 예, 여자아이들만 받는 ‪시설이고요

[Tae-ju] Yeah. This center is just for girls.

‪최영나, 오연지, 우민경 ‪이렇게 셋입니다

[Tae-ju] Choi Yeong-na, O Yeon-ji, and Woo Min-gyeong, it's the three of them.

‪영나가 판사님이 맡으실 ‪소년이고요

Yeong-na is the girl you're in charge of.

‪성매매로 6호 처분 받았었습니다

She was put on probation number six for prostitution.

‪(판사) 최영나, 마지막으로 ‪하고 싶은 말 있으면 해 봐

[judge] Choi Yeong-na, do you have anything else to say?

‪죄송합니다, 반성할게요

I'm sorry. I won't do it again.

‪연지, 민경이가 폭행하고 절도로 ‪1호, 5호 처분 받은 제 소년이고요

And Yeon-ji and Min-gyeong, probation one and five for assault and theft, respectively, are my responsibility.

‪부부가 운영한다고?

It's run by a married couple?

‪아, 그게 정확하게 말하자면 ‪아니에요

Oh, technically speaking, no.

‪그, 대기업 다니시는 ‪남편분이 계시는데

Her husband, who works at a large company,

‪2년 전에 해외 지사로 발령이 나서 ‪지금은 혼자 운영 중이세요

was assigned to an overseas branch two years ago, so she's by herself now.

‪(태주) 학생인 딸 둘하고요

[Tae-ju] With her two young daughters.

‪(은석) 대단하네

[Eun-seok] She's amazing.

‪혼자서 열 명의 아이들이라…

She takes care of ten kids all by herself?

‪[전화벨이 울린다] ‪(영실) 아이, 어디 갔노, 또, 어?

-[phone ringing] -[Yeong-sil] Ugh, where did he go again?

‪예, 소년형사합의부입니다

Hello? Juvenile Criminal Collegiate Division.

‪예, 말씀하세요

Yes, sure, go ahead.

‪예, 예?

Uh, sorry? What… what are you talking about?

‪아니, 아니, 그게 무슨…

Uh, sorry? What… what are you talking about?

‪[닭 울음]

PUREUM HOME FOR GIRLS

‪[멀리서 개가 왈왈 짖는다]

PUREUM HOME FOR GIRLS -[animals calling] -[doorbell chimes]

‪[초인종이 울린다] ‪(은석) 연화지방법원입니다

-[animals calling] -[doorbell chimes] We're from Yeonhwa District Court.

‪- (아이들) 안녕하세요 ‪- (원중) 어, 안녕

-[both in unison] Hello. -[Won-jung] Hi.

‪(원중) 어

-Hey. How have you been? -[phone vibrates]

‪잘 지내고 있지? ‪[휴대전화 진동음]

-Hey. How have you been? -[phone vibrates]

‪(태주) 예, 참여관님

[Tae-ju] Hi, Ms. Joo.

‪(영실) 예, 판사님 ‪그, 부장님께 연락이 안 돼서요 ‪[어두운 음악]

[Yeong-sil] Hi, Judge Cha. I'm calling you because I can't get a hold of Judge Kang.

‪지, 아… 지금 방금

Well, someone just called…

‪직원실로 ‪제보 전화 한 통이 왔는데

-the court office to report something. -[phone ringing]

‪[전화벨이 울린다]

-the court office to report something. -[phone ringing] YEONHWA DISTRICT COURT

‪(영실) 저, 방금 하신 말씀 ‪확실합니까?

Are you sure of what you just said?

‪센터에서 아동 학대 후원금 비리 ‪그거 사실입니까?

Child abuse and embezzlement at the center? If that's true, it's a really serious matter.

‪이거 진짜 심각한 사안입니다

If that's true, it's a really serious matter.

‪그게 어딘가요?

What's the name of the center?

‪아유

Oh, dear. Hey, girls. Why are you out?

‪야, 이것들아, 왜 나왔어

Oh, dear. Hey, girls. Why are you out?

‪(선자) 손님들 올 때마다 ‪우르르 몰려들지 말라 그랬지?

I told you not to come out all together when we have visitors.

‪얼른 들어가, 얼른, 들어가

Go back in at once. Go back in.

‪- 아유, 오셨어요? ‪- (원중) 네

Go back in at once. Go back in. -Oh. -[Won-jung] Hi.

‪- (원중) 별일 없죠? ‪- (선자) 예, 그럼요

Are you doing well? [Seon-ja] Sure, I am. Go on in, please.

‪(선자) 예, 들어가세요 ‪들어가세요

[Seon-ja] Sure, I am. Go on in, please.

‪(영실) 푸름이요

[Yeong-sil] It's Pureum. Pureum Home for Girls.

‪푸름 청소년 회복 센터

[Yeong-sil] It's Pureum. Pureum Home for Girls.

‪(선자) 인사 제대로 했어?

Did you girls say hello?

‪- (은정) 네 ‪- 들어가, 들어가, 얼른, 얼른

-[Min-ju] Yeah. -Hurry up and go back in.

‪(선자) 가서 먼저 ‪딱 준비하고 있고, 알았지?

[Seon-ja] Go and get things ready, okay? Pureum, are you sure?

‪푸름 확실한가요?

Pureum, are you sure?

‪(영실) 예, 저도 안 믿겨서 ‪몇 번이나 확인했는데

[Yeong-sil] Yes. I couldn't believe it either. So I asked several times. It's Pureum, for sure.

‪확실합니다, 푸름

So I asked several times. It's Pureum, for sure.

‪근데 이게 어디까지나 ‪심증이라서요

But it's just a suspicion, so keep an eye out during the inspection.

‪조사 때 참고만 하세요

But it's just a suspicion, so keep an eye out during the inspection.

‪(태주) 예, 알겠습니다 ‪참고할게요

[Tae-ju] Okay. I'll do that. Thanks.

‪예

Bye.

‪[통화 종료음]

[phone chimes off]

‪아, 차태주 판사님?

Ah, Judge Cha Tae-ju?

‪- 예 ‪- (선자) 아, 말씀 많이 들었어요

Oh, yes. [Seon-ja] Oh, I've heard a lot about you. I'm O Seon-ja, president of the center.

‪(선자) 센터장 오선자입니다

[Seon-ja] Oh, I've heard a lot about you. I'm O Seon-ja, president of the center.

‪- (태주) 예 ‪- 아이고, 이게 다 묻었네

[Tae-ju] I see. -Oh, my hands are dirty. -Uh, it's okay. I'm Cha Tae-ju.

‪(태주) 아, 괜찮습니다 ‪차태주입니다

-Oh, my hands are dirty. -Uh, it's okay. I'm Cha Tae-ju.

‪- 들어가시죠, 예 ‪- (태주) 예

-Please go on in. -Okay.

‪- (원중) 자 ‪- (선자) 일어나서 제대로 인사해

[Seon-ja] Girls, get up and give them a decent greeting.

‪(원중) 오랜만에 사진 하나 찍자 ‪어, 그래 ‪[선자가 호응한다]

[Won-jung] It's been a while. Let's take a picture. Come here.

‪- (원중) 누가 찍을까? 어? ‪- (아름) 아, 저 주세요

-Who can take a picture of us? Hey… -Oh, give me the camera. I'll do it.

‪- (아름) 제가 찍어 드릴게요 ‪- (원중) 어, 그래, 그래, 그래

-Who can take a picture of us? Hey… -Oh, give me the camera. I'll do it. [Won-jung] Oh, okay, okay.

‪(선자) 너희도 얼른

-[Seon-ja] You guys, too, hurry. -[Won-jung] Here.

‪(태주) 아 ‪[아이들이 인사한다]

-[Seon-ja] Sit down. -Hello.

‪연지, 민경이 잘 지냈어?

Yeon-ji and Min-gyeong, how are you?

‪(원중) 어, 차 판사

Yeon-ji and Min-gyeong, how are you? Judge Cha, come here and take a picture with us.

‪(태주와 원중) ‪- 예 ‪- 그, 옆에 서, 같이 좀 찍어

Judge Cha, come here and take a picture with us.

‪(선자) 어, 이리 와

[Seon-ja] Come here, guys.

‪(원중) 빨리빨리, 빨리빨리

-[Won-jung] Hurry. -Here.

‪너희들도 찍고, 같이 찍고

-We'll take another one with you, okay? -No, don't worry about it.

‪- (선자) 아유, 놔두세요 ‪- (원중) 자

-We'll take another one with you, okay? -No, don't worry about it. They're my daughters.

‪(선자) 쟤네 우리 딸들이에요

They're my daughters.

‪(원중) 아, 아, 그렇구나! ‪[선자의 웃음]

-Oh, I see! -[both chuckle]

‪(선자) 쟤들은 찍히는 거보다 ‪찍는 걸 더 잘해요

[Seon-ja] They prefer taking photos than being in them.

‪(아름) 자, 찍을게요

[A-reum] All right. Ready?

‪하나, 둘, 셋

One, two, three.

‪[카메라 셔터음]

[camera shutter clicks]

‪하나, 둘, 셋

One, two, three.

‪[카메라 셔터음]

[camera shutter clicks]

‪(선자) 어, 같이 서시죠, 판사님

Oh, come here, Judge Cha.

‪(태주) 예

-Good. -[Tae-ju] Okay.

‪그, 부장님

Well, Mr. Kang, I have something to tell you.

‪드릴 말씀이 좀 있어 가지고요

Well, Mr. Kang, I have something to tell you.

‪(원중) 어, 얘기해 봐

[chuckles] Sure, go ahead.

‪(선자) 자, 자, 하던 거 해, 어

[Seon-ja] Now you can all go back to what you were doing.

‪정확히 뭐라고 했다고?

What exactly did she say?

‪(태주) 아동 학대와 후원금 비리 ‪신고 전화가 왔다고 했습니다

[Tae-ju] She said someone reported child abuse and embezzlement.

‪[원중의 한숨]

[Won-jung sighs]

‪푸름이 확실하대?

Is it Pureum, for sure?

‪아직 심증이지만 ‪조사 때 참고하라고

It's a suspicion, but she told us to take it into account.

‪됐어, 그럼

Fine, then.

‪덮어

-Cover it up. -Mr. Kang.

‪(태주) 부장님

-Cover it up. -Mr. Kang.

‪(원중) 법원 직원실에 한번 가 봐

Just ask them at the court office.

‪그런 전화만 하루에 대여섯 통이야

They get that kind of call several times a day.

‪부모, 삼촌, 이모 사칭하면서 ‪애가 맞았네, 돈을 요구했네

Impersonating parents or uncles, saying their kids were abused or asked for money, they call for various reasons.

‪이유도 가지가지

or asked for money, they call for various reasons.

‪그 이유가 뭔지 알아?

Do you know why?

‪그래야 법원이 센터를 의심하니까

Because that way, the court starts suspecting the center.

‪소년이 유리해야 ‪퇴소도 빨라지니까

If their kids are at an advantage, they can be released sooner.

‪거짓 신고가 한 통이든 백 통이든

No matter how many people make a false report,

‪그걸 확인하고 조사하는 것도 ‪법원의 의무라고 생각합니다

No matter how many people make a false report, I still think it's the court's duty to look into it.

‪소년을 시설에 맡긴 게 법원이면

Since we send young offenders to the facilities,

‪그 책임도 법원이 져야죠

we have to be responsible.

‪[휴대전화 진동음] ‪사안이 사안이니만큼

-[sighs] -[phone vibrates] Considering the seriousness of the matter, we need to look into it, sir.

‪면밀한 조사가 ‪필요하다고 생각합니다, 부장님

Considering the seriousness of the matter, we need to look into it, sir.

‪[헛기침]

[inhales, clears throat]

‪난 분명히 말했다

Let me put it clearly.

‪안 된다고

You do nothing.

‪(원중) 아, 그러면

Well, then… [inhales deeply]

‪아, 이번 조사는

Well, then… [inhales deeply] You two could…

‪둘이서 잘할 수 있겠지?

take it from here, right, can't you?

‪(태주) 예?

Sorry?

‪(원중) 방송국이야

It's the TV station.

‪가 봐야 할 거 같아서 그래

I have to go now, so…

‪(태주) 아…

Well…

‪- (은석) 잠시만요, 부장님 ‪- (원중) 응

-[Eun-seok] Wait, Mr. Kang. -Hmm?

‪저희 둘 다 여기 센터 조사는 ‪처음이에요

Neither of us have inspected this center before.

‪아, 야, 그 ‪다른 데하고 다를 거 없어

Oh, well, it's not different from the other centers.

‪평소 하던 대로 하면 돼

Just do it as you usually do, okay? Hmm.

‪오케이? 어

Just do it as you usually do, okay? Hmm.

‪[대문이 철컹 닫힌다]

[gate closes]

‪(선자) 씁, 연지야, 넣어 ‪혜림이 너도 ‪[아진이 공부를 가르친다]

-Okay, so, you… -Yeon-ji. You. You too, Hye-rim.

‪아, 요청하셨던 장부, 증빙 영수증

Oh, the books, receipts, event photos, and bankbooks

‪그리고 행사 사진하고 ‪통장 기록까지

Oh, the books, receipts, event photos, and bankbooks that the court requested for you are all in the office on the desk.

‪전부 사무실에 갖다 놨습니다

that the court requested for you are all in the office on the desk.

‪- (선자) 어, 차 넣어 드려 ‪- (아름) 응

[Seon-ja] Oh, put the tea over there. Yes.

‪(은석) 6호 시설보다 ‪인원이 적어서

[Eun-seok] There are not that many kids here,

‪금세 해치우겠다 싶었는데

so I thought we'd finish it quickly.

‪생각보다 볼 게 많네

But there's much more to check than I thought. How do we split it up?

‪어떻게 나눌까?

But there's much more to check than I thought. How do we split it up?

‪그냥 집에 갈까?

[hard knocks on wood] Should we just go home? I'm pretty annoyed right now too.

‪나 지금 몹시 짜증 나려고 하는데

Should we just go home? I'm pretty annoyed right now too.

‪죄송합니다, 제가 ‪[헛기침]

I'm sorry. I was… [clears throat]

‪생각이 좀…

…lost in thought. [sighs]

‪[한숨]

[sighs]

‪어떤 심정인진 알겠는데

I can imagine how you're feeling.

‪(은석) 정말 그게 ‪법원의 의무라고 생각해?

But do you really think it's the court's duty?

‪예?

Sorry?

‪(태주) 거짓 신고 전화가 ‪백 통이든 한 통이든

Sorry? No matter how many people make a false report,

‪그걸 확인하고 조사하는 것도 ‪법원의 의무라고 생각합니다

I still think it's the court's responsibility to look into it.

‪단순히 거짓말을 가리는 ‪문제가 아니잖아

It's not just a matter of finding the truth.

‪(은석) 법원이 시설을 확인하고 ‪조사하는 게

[Eun-seok] The court's inspection or investigation

‪누군가에겐 법원의 갑질이자 만용

could be inappropriate or unreasonable or even ruthless to some people.

‪불합리한 처사일 수도 있어

could be inappropriate or unreasonable or even ruthless to some people.

‪이런 위탁 기관 하나를 ‪지정할 때는

When designating a foster agency,

‪수많은 이해관계와 제반 요소를

the state considers various factors and reviews various requisites

‪검토하고 또 확인하지

the state considers various factors and reviews various requisites

‪국가 관련 부서

because it involves several different government offices.

‪각종 인허가와도 직결된 문제니까

because it involves several different government offices.

‪우리 법원만의 문제가 아니니까

It's not just about our court.

‪그러니까 부장님이 반대를 하시고

That's why Mr. Kang disapproved and why we have to be discreet.

‪우리가 신중해야 하는 이유라고

That's why Mr. Kang disapproved and why we have to be discreet.

‪예, 알고 있습니다

Yes. I know, I get it.

‪(은석) 그리고 네 말이 맞다면

And if your suspicion is right, it will come out eventually

‪가만히 있어도 결국 드러날 거야

And if your suspicion is right, it will come out eventually even if we stay quiet.

‪소년은

Because… kids are impatient.

‪참을성이 없거든

Because… kids are impatient.

‪[출입문 종이 딸랑 울린다] ‪[닭 울음]

[wind chime ringing]

‪(아름) 엄마

Here, Mom.

‪(선자) 아이고, 우리 딸

Oh, my darling.

‪아이고, 고맙네

Oh, wow. Thank you.

‪우리 딸밖에 없네

You're the best.

‪아휴

[sighs]

‪아이고, 좋다

-Oh, it's nice. -[both chuckle]

‪[함께 웃는다]

-Oh, it's nice. -[both chuckle]

‪아진이랑 애들은?

Where's A-jin?

‪아, 걔 2층에 처박혀 가지고 ‪불러도 절대 안 나와

[sighs] Upstairs. She never comes down when I call her.

‪아, 저 싸가지 없는 년, 진짜

God, she's such a bitch.

‪너는 그 욕 좀…

Can you please stop using cuss words?

‪어떻게 안 되니?

Can you please stop using cuss words?

‪당번들은 노인정 갔고 ‪나머지는 조사받으러

The girls on duty went to the senior center. The others are being questioned.

‪조사?

"Questioned"?

‪뭔 조사?

What do you mean? [A-reum] I don't know. The judges called them.

‪(아름) 몰라 ‪판사님들이 부르던데?

[A-reum] I don't know. The judges called them.

‪그거 원래 하던 거 아니야?

Isn't it part of the inspection?

‪뭐가 원래야, 뭐가

What are you talking about?

‪판사님 방문이 한두 번이야?

You've seen an inspection before.

‪[어두운 음악] ‪언제부터 애들 면담까지 했다고

Since when did they interview the children?

‪(아름) 엄마

[A-reum] Mom.

‪언제 데려갔는데?

When did they take them?

‪(아름) 좀 전에

[A-reum] A while ago.

‪(민경) 그 여자 악마예요

[Min-gyeong] She's a devil.

‪차라리 소년 분류 심사원이 ‪훨 나아요

The Juvenile Classification Home was way nicer.

‪진짜 개같아, 여기

This place really sucks.

‪[태주의 한숨]

‪(태주) 자세히 좀 얘기해 줄래?

Can you elaborate on that?

‪(선자) 자, 밥 먹자

[Seon-ja] Let's eat.

‪(아이들) 오늘도 감사히 ‪잘 먹겠습니다

[all in unison] Thank you so much for the food, Mrs. O.

‪밥 남기면 죄야

It's a sin to leave food.

‪남은 거 저녁에 고대로 먹는 거야

If you do, you have to eat that for dinner. Got it?

‪- 알지? ‪- (아이들) 네

If you do, you have to eat that for dinner. Got it? [all in unison] Yes, ma'am.

‪센터장님

Mrs. O.

‪이거 밥이 좀 쉰 거 같은데요

It looks like the rice went bad.

‪뭔 소리야, 다 똑같은 밥이야

What do you mean? It's edible, right?

‪안 죽어

It won't kill you.

‪(민경) 그래도 이 밥은 좀…

[Min-gyeong] But still, this is…

‪바꿔 주시면 안 될까요?

Can we get some fresh rice?

‪[숟가락을 탁 내려놓는다]

[tableware clinks]

‪(선자) 아이고

[Seon-ja] Here.

‪[아이들이 놀란다]

-[shatters] -[gasps]

‪집에서는 이런 것도 ‪못 얻어먹었을 년이 까탈스럽게

Why are you so picky? You can't even have rice in your own home.

‪넌 밥 먹지 마

So don't eat it. You don't deserve to eat.

‪먹을 자격도 없어

So don't eat it. You don't deserve to eat.

‪(민경) 잘못했어요, 센터장님

[Min-gyeong] I'm sorry, Mrs. O.

‪저 밥 먹을게요, 그냥 주세요

I'll eat it. Please let me eat.

‪밥 다 먹은 거 아니었어?

Oh, weren't you done?

‪드셨으면 올라가세요, 네 방으로

Since you're done now, go to your room.

‪잘못했어요

[sobs] I'm so sorry.

‪(선자) 아유! 씨

-Oh! -[thumps]

‪[민경이 흐느낀다]

‪밥상머리 앞에서 재수 없게 ‪징징징, 씨

Whining at a table is bad luck.

‪울지 마, 울면 맞아

Don't cry or I'll punish you.

‪운다고 해결되는 곳 아니야, 여기

Crying doesn't solve anything in this place.

‪올라가

Go upstairs.

‪너희들 얼른 밥 먹어, 학교 가야지

Go ahead and eat, girls. You should go to school.

‪(아름) 아, 아침부터 진짜

[sighs] It's way too early.

‪진상이다, 아주 ‪[어두운 음악]

Why make a scene? [sighs]

‪(영나) 우리 한 번씩은 ‪다 그렇게 당했어요

[Yeong-na] She did that to all of us.

‪밥 주는 걸로 생색 더럽게 내고

She's condescending because she feeds us.

‪상하거나 쉰 거 주고

But she gives us spoiled food.

‪툭하면 빨래, 청소, 설거지

And she makes us do laundry, clean the house, or wash dishes.

‪일이나 시키고

And she makes us do laundry, clean the house, or wash dishes.

‪저희요, 남의 집 청소도 해요

We even clean our neighbors' houses, too, like slaves.

‪거지새끼들처럼

We even clean our neighbors' houses, too, like slaves.

‪여긴 일 안 하면 밥도 안 준다고요

[angrily inhales] She doesn't feed us, if we don't complete our chores.

‪(연지) 이건 ‪말하지 말라 그랬는데…

They told me not to mention this to anyone.

‪말해

It's okay. Actually, one of the girls is in a hospital right now.

‪(연지) 사실 여기 애 하나

Actually, one of the girls is in a hospital right now.

‪지금 병원에 입원했거든요

Actually, one of the girls is in a hospital right now.

‪(선자) 아이고, 씨! ‪[퍽 맞는 소리가 들린다]

-[Seon-ja] For God's sake! -[Yu-gyeong groans]

‪[유경의 신음] ‪야, 나와

-[Seon-ja] For God's sake! -[Yu-gyeong groans] [yells] Hey. Hey!

‪와, 이리 와, 이리 와

-Come here. -[whimpers] -Come. How dare you? How dare you? -[crying]

‪이게, 이게, 어? 이게, 어?

-Come. How dare you? How dare you? -[crying]

‪- (선자) 어디서, 이게 ‪- (유경) 제가 잘못했어요

-How dare you? -Please forgive me!

‪- (선자) 어디서 죽으려고, 그냥! ‪- (유경) 잘못했어요!

-Hey, you wanna die, huh, do you? -Please forgive me!

‪[유경의 아파하는 신음] ‪(선자) 어? 어디서 대들어, 어?

-Hey, you wanna die, huh, do you? -Please forgive me! [Seon-ja] Hey! How dare you defy me? You think I'm your buddy?

‪내가 네 친구인 줄 알아, 그냥

[Seon-ja] Hey! How dare you defy me? You think I'm your buddy?

‪(선자와 유경) ‪- 이씨, 터진 입이라고 그냥, 씨 ‪- 살려 주세요

-For Christ's sake! You better watch it! -Please leave me alone.

‪(연지) 도유경이라는 애인데

Her name is Do Yu-gyeong.

‪말대꾸한다고 갑자기…

She talked back to Mrs. O.

‪여기서 거짓말하면 ‪어떻게 되는지 알지?

You know what happens if you lie to us, right?

‪진짜예요

It's true.

‪근데 왜…

But why is this not on the following year?

‪[함께 회의한다]

-Number one. Yes. -[Eun-seok] Yes. Like witnesses, events, or receipts, anything.

‪- (은석) 간식비? ‪- (태주) 예

-[Eun-seok] Snacks. -Yes.

‪(은석) 식재료비 있고

-[Eun-seok] Groceries. -Uh-huh. Yes, 20…

‪[은석이 중얼거린다]

Yes, 20… GLAMPING IN FALL SEPTEMBER 25, 2021

‪- 맞았고요 ‪- (은석) 응

-This is all good. -[Eun-seok] Okay.

‪(석열) 씁, 어려운 선택 하시느라 ‪고생 많으셨습니다

[sucks teeth] [Seok-yeol] I understand it was a hard decision to make.

‪[원중의 웃음]

[chuckles] Thank you so much.

‪(원중) 감사합니다, 대표님

Thank you so much.

‪이게 다 의원님 덕분이죠

It's all thanks to Mr. Eom here. Thanks. [laughs]

‪[함께 웃는다]

It's all thanks to Mr. Eom here. Thanks. [laughs]

‪(석열) 방송에서보다

It's all thanks to Mr. Eom here. Thanks. [laughs] You look even more handsome in real life.

‪훨씬 더 잘생기셨습니다

You look even more handsome in real life.

‪이목구비도 시원시원하시고

You have sharp features.

‪(원중) 그렇습니까?

You think so?

‪[함께 웃는다]

[both laughing]

‪아니, 농담이 아니라

I'm not even kidding.

‪아주 크게 될 상이셔

You have a big future ahead.

‪[함께 웃는다]

You have a big future ahead. [all laughing]

‪이 사람이 SY케미칼 대표인데

This is the chairman of SY Chemicals.

‪하도 판사님을 뵙고 싶다고 해서요

-He wanted to meet you so badly. -I see.

‪(준기) 우리 당에서 ‪도움 안 받은 사람이 없습니다

[Jun-gi] Everyone in my party got help from him.

‪부장 판사님은 아무 걱정 마십시오

You don't have to worry about anything, Mr. Kang.

‪(석열) 제가 말이죠

[Seok-yeol] As for me, when I put my mind to something,

‪한번 마음먹으면

[Seok-yeol] As for me, when I put my mind to something,

‪무슨 일 있어도 꼭 해내거든요

I achieve it by all means. [sucks teeth]

‪부장 판사님은 내가 요 가슴팍에

I assure you that a, uh, hibiscus could bloom on your chest like magic.

‪무궁화꽃 한 송이

I assure you that a, uh, hibiscus could bloom on your chest like magic.

‪아주 멋들어지게 ‪피워 드릴 테니까, 어?

I assure you that a, uh, hibiscus could bloom on your chest like magic. I can make it happen. Huh?

‪[함께 웃는다]

I can make it happen. Huh? [laughter]

‪감사합니다, 대표님, 예

Thank you, sir.

‪(준기) 전 결정까지 그래도 ‪꽤 걸릴 줄 알았는데

I thought it'd take you a while to make the decision.

‪(원중) 예, 뭐 ‪저도 그럴 줄 알았는데

[Won-jung] Yes, I thought so too.

‪의원님 한마디가 가슴에 남아서요

But I have to say, your words lingered in my mind.

‪'이제 국회도'

"Now, Congress… should fear minors too."

‪'미성년자 무서운 줄 알아야죠'

"Now, Congress… should fear minors too."

‪[원중이 크게 웃는다]

[cackles]

‪아이고, 제가 또 이게

[Won-jung] Oh, boy. You know, I'm… [sniffles]

‪법정에선 아주 무서운 사람이라

…a very scary person when I'm in court.

‪[함께 웃는다]

[guffawing]

‪(석열) 아, 역시

Well, see? I'm a sharp judge of character, right?

‪제가 보는 눈은 확실합니다, 예?

Well, see? I'm a sharp judge of character, right?

‪아니, 오늘 이 자리뿐만 아니라

[Seok-yeol] It's not just the dinner tonight.

‪아주 그냥 코스로 제가 ‪쫙 준비해 뒀으니까요

I've prepared a full course for the next sessions as well.

‪기대하셔도 좋습니다

You can look forward to it.

‪자, 거국적으로 한잔하시죠

All right. Let's make a toast now.

‪[개들이 왈왈 짖는다]

PUREUM HOME FOR GIRLS

‪걔들이 그래요? 내가 그랬다고?

Did they say it was my fault?

‪[선자의 한숨]

[sighs]

‪(선자) 애들 처분하고 혼내는 건 ‪법원이지만

It's the court that punishes young offenders, but I'm the one who takes care of them every single day.

‪그 최전선에서 애들 돌보는 건 ‪접니다

but I'm the one who takes care of them every single day.

‪판사님들은

You see them for just two or three hours when you visit for inspection.

‪기껏해야 하루에 두세 시간 ‪애들 보는 게 다지만요

You see them for just two or three hours when you visit for inspection.

‪[테이블을 탁탁 치며] 그 아이들과 ‪하루하루 싸워 가면서

Us, on the other hand, we wrestle with them every day

‪변화시키는 건 여기 센터라고요

Us, on the other hand, we wrestle with them every day to try to change them.

‪[어두운 음악]

‪[아이들이 대화한다]

[overlapping chatter]

‪(선자) 밥 먹자

[Seon-ja] Let's eat.

‪(아이들) [비아냥거리며] ‪오늘도 감사히 잘 먹겠습니다

[all in unison] Thank you so much for the food, Mrs. O.

‪밥 남기면 죄야

It's a sin to leave food.

‪남긴 밥 저녁에 고대로 먹는 거야

If you leave any, you have to eat that for dinner.

‪- (선자) 알지? ‪- (아이들) 예

-[Soen-ja] Got it? -Yeah, got it.

‪[담배 피우는 시늉을 한다]

-[blows air] -[giggling]

‪[저마다 장난친다]

-[blows air] -[giggling] -[Hye-rim] Oh, it's hot. -[Min-gyeong] Mrs. O.

‪(민경) 센터장님

-[Hye-rim] Oh, it's hot. -[Min-gyeong] Mrs. O.

‪저 이 밥 다 먹을 테니까 ‪담배 좀 허락해 주면 안 돼요?

I'm gonna finish this food. But in return, you'll let me smoke.

‪뭐?

What?

‪아, 그러면 저 진짜 밥도 잘 먹고 ‪잘할게요

If you let me smoke, I'll eat well and behave well, huh?

‪- (민경) 네? ‪- 나도

-Me too. -Real funny, huh?

‪됐다 그래라

-Me too. -Real funny, huh?

‪- (민경) 아씨, 개빡친다 ‪- (지은) 말이 되는 소릴 해라

-Ugh, she's so annoying. -Come on!

‪아니, 솔직히 여기가 6호 시설처럼 ‪벌받으러 온 것도 아니잖아요

-Ugh, she's so annoying. -Come on! We're not here to be punished like those on probation six.

‪(민경) 언니, 안 그래? ‪[저마다 호응한다]

-[Min-gyeong] Am I wrong, Ji-eun? -No, not at all.

‪- (민경) 다들 할 말 많잖아 ‪- (은정) 아, 많지

-[Min-gyeong] Am I wrong, Ji-eun? -No, not at all. -You all agree too, right? -Yes, we do.

‪(민경) 그러니까 ‪왜 빡빡하게 굴어요

The other centers let students smoke.

‪딴 데는 피워도 뭐라 안 하는데

Why are you so strict with us?

‪딴 데 어디 ‪어디가 허락해 주는데?

Which centers? Name at least one.

‪말 같은 소릴 해라

Cut the nonsense.

‪[아이들이 구시렁거린다] ‪(민주) 여기가 좀 빡세긴 해

-Ugh, my god, this is to… -This place is too uptight.

‪- (지은) 밥이나 먹어 ‪- (민경) 이씨

-Ugh, my god, this is to… -This place is too uptight. -[Seon-ja] Just eat your meal. -[shatters]

‪(민주) 미친, 미친 거 아니야? ‪[은정의 헛웃음]

-Ooh! -[Ji-eun] What the heck? -Is she out of her mind? -[girls giggle]

‪너 지금 뭐 하는 짓이야?

-Why did you do that? -[girls] She's crazy.

‪(선자) 밥 귀한 줄 모르고

You're wasting precious food.

‪(민경) 집에 있었으면 ‪이것도 못 처먹었을 년이

You're wasting precious food. "Why are you so picky? You can't even have rice in your own home."

‪뭐 이리 까탈이냐 ‪뭐, 이거예요?

"Why are you so picky? You can't even have rice in your own home." -Is that what you're thinking right now? -Stop glaring at me.

‪[은정의 웃음] ‪레이저 그만 쏴라

-Is that what you're thinking right now? -Stop glaring at me.

‪봐주는 데도 한계가 있어

I can't let this one slide.

‪안 먹어, 씨발

-[chair rasps] -I'm not gonna eat this crap.

‪[아이들의 웃음]

-[clonks] -[girls chuckling]

‪(선자) 너 먹지 마 ‪먹을 자격 없어

Don't eat. You don't deserve to eat.

‪(아름) 아침부터 진짜

-[chopsticks clink] -So early in the morning.

‪진상이다

Why make a scene?

‪(혜림) '진상이다'

[mocking tone] "Why make a scene?"

‪[함께 웃는다] ‪(은정) '진상이다'

[mocking tone] "Why make a scene?" [cackling]

‪(선자) 조용히 하고 밥 먹어

-[Seon-ja] Be quiet and eat. -[Hye-rim] She's so ridiculous.

‪(선자) 아, 됐어, 내가 할게 ‪위험해

-[Seon-ja] It's okay. I got it. -[shushing] I wish I could do that.

‪처음에는 고민 많이 했어요

I thought a lot about it when she first asked me to let her smoke.

‪담배로 딜하자고 했을 때

I thought a lot about it when she first asked me to let her smoke.

‪(선자) 뭐, 그것만 하게 해 주면 ‪말 잘 듣겠다는데

[Seon-ja] Because she said she'd behave well if I let her do that.

‪다른 센터도 다 눈감아 준다는데

She said the other centers overlook it.

‪근데 그건 아니잖아요

But I don't think that's right.

‪학교도 허용 안 하는 걸

No schools allow their students to smoke.

‪내 자식한테도 허락 못 하겠는 걸

I don't allow my own children to smoke.

‪아이들한테

They also said you were making them work at your neighbors' houses.

‪일도 시켰다고 하던데요

They also said you were making them work at your neighbors' houses.

‪남의 집까지 보내서

They also said you were making them work at your neighbors' houses.

‪[어이없는 숨소리]

[sighs]

‪그걸 그렇게 말하던가요?

So that's what they said?

‪[선자의 기가 찬 숨소리]

[Seon-ja sighs]

‪판사님

Judge Cha.

‪대한민국 땅에서

How long do you think it takes to build a center like this in Korea?

‪이런 센터 하나 짓는 데 ‪얼마나 걸릴 거 같으세요?

How long do you think it takes to build a center like this in Korea?

‪- 예? ‪- (은석) 글쎄요

Sorry? I don't know. Maybe one or two years?

‪1, 2년 정도 걸리지 않았을까요?

I don't know. Maybe one or two years?

‪4년이요

Four years.

‪자그마치 4년 걸렸습니다

It took as many as four years.

‪[어두운 음악] ‪- (주민1) 혐오 시설! ‪- (주민들) 결사반대!

[community leader] Criminal facility! [protesters] Criminal facility!

‪- (주민1) 혐오 시설! ‪- (주민들) 결사반대!

LAND RESERVED FOR PUREUM HOME FOR GIRLS [Seon-ja] That's the time it took to get consent from the people

‪(선자) 그것도요 ‪센터 삽도 뜨기도 전에

[Seon-ja] That's the time it took to get consent from the people

‪동네 주민들 동의 구할 때까지 ‪걸린 시간이

in this neighborhood even before the construction began.

‪여기 아이들이 아무리 어려도

Even though the kids in the center are young,

‪일반인들한텐 그냥 범죄자예요

to people, they're just criminals.

‪- 어르신, 어르신 ‪- (주민2) 범죄자들 데리고

-Sir. Now, stop! -Stop building a facility for criminals!

‪당장 못 그만둬? 못 그만두냐고!

-Sir. Now, stop! -Stop building a facility for criminals! Build it elsewhere!

‪[저마다 항의한다]

Build it elsewhere! [crowd aggressively yelling]

‪(선자) 그래서

So when kids come here, the first two things I try to teach them

‪애들 오면 가장 먼저 ‪공들여서 가르치는 게 ‪[잔잔한 음악]

So when kids come here, the first two things I try to teach them

‪집안일하고 인사입니다

are housework and greeting.

‪[즐겁게 장난친다]

-Stop it. -[giggling] Hey, you almost got me wet.

‪(선자) 어떤 변명을 하더라도

[Seon-ja] Whatever the excuses may be, it's true that they committed crimes.

‪우리 아이들이 잘못한 사실에는 ‪변함이 없고

[Seon-ja] Whatever the excuses may be, it's true that they committed crimes.

‪편견 또한 굳건하다면

There's only one way to overcome the strong prejudice against them,

‪방법은 오직 하나

There's only one way to overcome the strong prejudice against them,

‪정면 돌파

taking the bull by the horns, volunteer work.

‪봉사를 통한 행동뿐이니까요

taking the bull by the horns, volunteer work.

‪[시끌벅적하다]

-[cheering and laughing] -[Eun-jeong] High-five, Grandpa!

‪(은정) 방뎅이 흔들어 젖히고

-Shake your butt. -[laughter]

‪[함께 웃는다]

-Shake your butt. -[laughter]

‪그래서요?

And?

‪많이 달라졌습니까?

Have the people changed?

‪그럼요

Oh, sure.

‪손가락질받는 데 익숙했던 ‪우리 애들요

The kids who were used to getting blamed before

‪지금 칭찬받는 데 익숙해요

now are used to getting complimented.

‪그런데 왜 그렇게 진술했을까요?

Then why did they make such statements?

‪아이들도 아니까요

Because they know that nothing is compulsory here.

‪강제성이 없는 곳이라는 거

Because they know that nothing is compulsory here.

‪(선자) 보호해 줄 보호자가 없어서

They came here because they had no guardians to protect them

‪혹은 죄를 지어서 ‪오는 곳은 맞는데

or because of their criminal offenses.

‪뭐, 6호 시설이나 소년원처럼 ‪명확한 구금이 아닌

They know this is just foster care. It's not a detention facility,

‪이도 저도 아닌 ‪위탁 시설이라는 걸 아는 거예요

like the probation six facility or youth detention centers.

‪그래서 시위하는 겁니다

They're protesting now so that they can bend the rules.

‪여기 규칙 좀 풀어 달라고

They're protesting now so that they can bend the rules.

‪판사님들이 휘둘리신 거예요

You were swayed by them.

‪압니다, 거짓말인 거

We know. They lied to us.

‪(태주) 유경이 입원한 게

Yu-gyeong is in a hospital because Mrs. O was violent towards her?

‪센터장님 폭행 때문이라고?

Yu-gyeong is in a hospital because Mrs. O was violent towards her?

‪그런데요?

Of course.

‪(은석) 걸어

There. Call the hospital, then.

‪도유경 입원한 병동으로

There. Call the hospital, then.

‪번호 몰라?

Need the number?

‪[휴대전화 조작음]

‪[휴대전화를 탁 내려놓는다]

[phone clacks]

‪[통화 연결음]

[line dials, rings]

‪(간호사) 네, 정형외과 ‪일반 병동입니다

[nurse] Hello? General Ward of Orthopedics.

‪(영나) 도유경 보호자인데요

This is Do Yu-gyeong's guardian.

‪유경이

How is Yu-gyeong doing?

‪상태는 어떤가요?

How is Yu-gyeong doing?

‪(간호사) 재활 훈련을 ‪게을리해서 걱정이지만

[nurse] She doesn't do rehab exercises regularly, so we're worried, but she's getting better.

‪경과는 좋습니다

so we're worried, but she's getting better.

‪도유경 입원 당시 ‪상태는 어땠나요?

How was she when she arrived at the hospital?

‪(은석) 왜 수술하게 됐는지 ‪정확히 알 수 있을까요?

[Eun-seok] Can you tell us in detail why she underwent to surgery?

‪(간호사) 누구시죠?

[nurse] Who is this? We can't give patient information

‪보호자 외 환자 정보는 ‪알려 드릴 수 없는데요

[nurse] Who is this? We can't give patient information to anyone except their guardian.

‪연화지방법원 심은석 판사입니다

Judge Sim Eun-seok from Yeonhwa District Court.

‪아마 지금쯤 법원에서

We sent an official document allowing the hospital's cooperation.

‪협조 공문이 보내졌을 겁니다

We sent an official document allowing the hospital's cooperation.

‪(은석) 해당 환자와 관련해

We're about to initiate legal proceedings for a case involving this patient.

‪법적 절차를 앞두고 있다고 ‪말씀드릴 수 있겠네요

We're about to initiate legal proceedings for a case involving this patient.

‪(간호사) 잠시만요

[nurse] Oh, okay.

‪아, 네, 공문 확인됐습니다

Uh, looks like we've received the document.

‪당시 대퇴골 골절 수술을 했고요

She had a surgery because her thigh bone was fractured.

‪경찰 진술 당시

And she reported to the police that she was assaulted by a mob of girls.

‪또래 아이들의 ‪집단 폭행이 있었다고 ‪[어두운 음악]

And she reported to the police that she was assaulted by a mob of girls.

‪그렇게 기록돼 있습니다

That's what I have written here.

‪네

I see. Thank you so much.

‪감사합니다

I see. Thank you so much.

‪[휴대전화 조작음] ‪판사님, 그게 아니라요, 그게

Judge Sim. Let me explain. It was…

‪도유경 걔가 ‪걔가 먼저 시비 턴 거예요

It was her. She started the fight.

‪[유경의 아파하는 신음]

-[chair clatters] -[groans and cries]

‪[영나가 씩씩거린다]

[panting]

‪(영나) 씨발 년아

You fucking bitch! That's what you get.

‪내가 적당히 나대랬지?

You fucking bitch! That's what you get. [sobbing]

‪(은석) 네

[Eun-seok] Yes.

‪센터장님 말씀

You're right, Mrs. O. It's true.

‪맞습니다

You're right, Mrs. O. It's true.

‪기껏해야 두세 시간이 전부인 ‪판사보다

People like you play a bigger role at the frontline…

‪그 최전선에서

People like you play a bigger role at the frontline…

‪더 큰 역할을 해 주시는 게

than judges who meet the children for just two or three hours.

‪센터장님 같은 분들이시죠

than judges who meet the children for just two or three hours.

‪잘 압니다

We're well aware of that. We are.

‪아는데

We're well aware of that. We are.

‪그건 그거고

But there's just one thing.

‪[어두운 음악]

[chilling music]

‪법원 지원금

The support fund.

‪소년 한 명당 50만 원씩

The court gives you 500,000 won per child every month.

‪매달 법원에서 지원해 주는 그 돈

The court gives you 500,000 won per child every month.

‪어디에 썼습니까?

Where did you spend it?

‪아니, 여기 보시면 아시잖아요

This document covers all of that.

‪(은석) 박물관이나 공연 관람 ‪놀이 치료

[Eun-seok] Visits to museums or concerts, play therapy,

‪수학여행 같은 ‪체험 활동비하고 식비가

outdoor activities like field trips, and food expenses.

‪작년 대비

This month alone,

‪지난달에만 450만 원 이상이 ‪청구됐습니다

you spent 4.5 million won more than last year as a whole.

‪근데 아이들은

But the children… claimed that they didn't do such activities.

‪그런 체험 활동은 ‪한 적이 없다고 주장을 하네요?

But the children… claimed that they didn't do such activities.

‪관련 증빙 자료나

And most of the documentary evidence and receipts…

‪영수증 내역 역시

And most of the documentary evidence and receipts…

‪대부분 누락이던데요

are omitted.

‪[한숨]

‪[한숨]

[sighs]

‪그래도 가치관이 명확한 분이라

You have a clear set of values.

‪잠시나마 반가웠었는데

So I was pleased to meet you.

‪실망입니다

But I'm disappointed.

‪결국 돈 앞에선 장사 없나 봐요

You yielded to money like most people.

‪그게요, 이…

Let me explain. I needed it.

‪잠깐이에요

Let me explain. I needed it.

‪이거 금방 채워 놓을 겁니다 ‪정말이에요

For an emergency. But I'll return it. I mean it.

‪(은석) 중요한 건

The problem here is that you took the money…

‪지원금을 썼다는 거죠

The problem here is that you took the money…

‪개인적인 용도로

for personal use.

‪[한숨]

[sighs]

‪이로써

The inspection of Pureum Home for Girls is now over.

‪(은석) 푸름 청소년 회복 센터의 ‪모든 조사는 마쳤고

The inspection of Pureum Home for Girls is now over. The inspection has shed light on an incident

‪그 과정에서 법원에 보고하지 않은

The inspection has shed light on an incident that took place in the center of group assault and embezzlement

‪센터 내 집단 폭행 사건과

that took place in the center of group assault and embezzlement

‪법원 지원금 횡령 정황이 ‪드러났습니다

that you failed to report to the court.

‪이 시간 이후로 ‪여기 있는 자료들은 모두 ‪[한숨]

All of these documents will be taken for further investigation.

‪법원의 추가 조사를 위해서 ‪가져가며

All of these documents will be taken for further investigation.

‪추후

Special investigators may visit you in the future,

‪전문 조사관의 출장 조사가 있거나

Special investigators may visit you in the future,

‪법원에 직접 출석하셔야 할 겁니다

or you may be asked to come to the court.

‪[선자의 당황한 신음]

But…

‪(선자) 잠깐만요

Wait a minute. Wait a minute, judges.

‪잠깐만요, 판사님

Wait a minute. Wait a minute, judges.

‪(선자) 판사님

[Seon-ja] Judges.

‪(은석) 이후 이루어지는 ‪조사 결과에 따라 법원은

Depending on the outcome of the investigation,

‪위탁 기관 취소 절차를 ‪밟을 수 있으며 나아가

the court may take steps to cancel the status of this center.

‪지자체 인허가 취소 및

We may also cancel your licenses and take criminal proceedings against you.

‪적법한 형사 절차를 ‪밟을 수도 있습니다

We may also cancel your licenses and take criminal proceedings against you.

‪(선자) 판사님 ‪[트렁크 문이 탁 닫힌다]

-Judge Sim. -[trunk closes]

‪잠시만… ‪[자동차 시동음]

Wait…

‪[다급한 숨소리]

‪[멀어지는 자동차 엔진음] ‪[한숨]

[sighs]

‪[태주의 한숨]

[Tae-ju sighs]

‪부장님께 보고드려야겠죠?

We have to report this to Mr. Kang, right?

‪내일 내가 해

Tomorrow.

‪그럼 뭐

So are you going to go straight home?

‪관사로 바로 가시나요?

So are you going to go straight home?

‪아니, 병원에

No, let's go to the hospital.

‪도유경

To Yu-gyeong.

‪그 애 얘기도 직접 들어 봐야지

We need to listen to her too.

‪예, 알겠습니다

Okay, I'm on it.

‪그 돈

The money…

‪제 수술비예요

was for my surgery.

‪(유경) 가해자 부모들은

[Yu-gyeong] The girls' parents refused to compensate me.

‪오히려 돈 못 준다고

[Yu-gyeong] The girls' parents refused to compensate me.

‪증거 있냐고 난리 치고

They said there was no evidence.

‪우리 엄마는

I lost contact with my mom…

‪재혼해서 연락 끊긴 지 오래고요

…a long time ago after her second marriage.

‪당장 수술 안 하면

The doctor said I wouldn't be able to walk,

‪평생 못 걸을지도 모른다 그래서

if I didn't have surgery right away, so…

‪모두 저 때문에 그런 거니까

All she did was try to help me.

‪한 번만 봐주시면 안 될까요?

Can you please let it slide just this once?

‪그 돈 제가 일해서라도 ‪꼭 갚을게요

I'll work and pay back the money.

‪[태주의 황당한 숨소리]

[sighs] While I was staying there, I had decent meals and slept comfortably.

‪저 거기 지내면서

While I was staying there, I had decent meals and slept comfortably.

‪처음으로 밥다운 밥도 먹고요 ‪[무거운 음악]

While I was staying there, I had decent meals and slept comfortably.

‪잠도 편하게 자고

For the first time in my life, I was happy and grateful every single day.

‪하루하루가 벅차고

For the first time in my life, I was happy and grateful every single day.

‪감사했습니다

For the first time in my life, I was happy and grateful every single day.

‪그리고 깨달았어요

And I realized that sometimes love…

‪'사랑받는다는 건'

can be as simple…

‪'누군가 내 밥 위에'

as someone putting a side dish on top of my rice for me.

‪'반찬을 올려 주는 거구나'

as someone putting a side dish on top of my rice for me.

‪'나가면 진짜 잘 살아야겠다'

I'll work hard after I get out.

‪목표도 생겼어요

That's my purpose now.

‪은혜 갚아야 하니까

I want to repay her kindness.

‪[한숨]

[sighs]

‪그래도 감히 법원에까지 숨겨?

She shouldn't have kept it a secret from the court.

‪제가 그랬어요

I asked her not to. She didn't report it because of me.

‪법원에 보고하지 말아 달라고

I asked her not to. She didn't report it because of me.

‪제가 사정했어요

I begged her.

‪(유경) 잘하면

[Yu-gyeong] I was afraid that could get me to be kicked out of Pureum.

‪저도 거기서 쫓겨날 수도 있으니까

[Yu-gyeong] I was afraid that could get me to be kicked out of Pureum.

‪저 여기 아니면 안 돼요

I really want to stay there.

‪센터장님 아니면 ‪절대 안 돼요, 판사님

I want to stay with Mrs. O, Judges. [sobbing]

‪(은석) 그래도 가치관이 ‪명확한 분이라 ‪[한숨]

[Eun-seok] You have a clear set of values, so I was pleased to meet you.

‪잠시나마 반가웠었는데

[Eun-seok] You have a clear set of values, so I was pleased to meet you.

‪실망입니다

But I'm disappointed.

‪[한숨] ‪결국 돈 앞에선 장사 없나 봐요

You yielded to money like most people.

‪[한숨]

[sighs]

‪[사이렌이 울린다]

[emotional music]

‪[통화 연결음]

[line ringing]

‪[안내 음성] 연결이 되지 않아 ‪삐 소리 후

[operator] The number you are trying to reach is currently unavailable.

‪소리 샘으로 연결되오며 통화료…

[operator] The number you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please try again--

‪[아진이 흐느낀다]

ENTRANCE

‪(아진) [울며] 엄마, 엄마

ENTRANCE [sobbing] [A-jin] Mom. -Mom. -Kim A-jin.

‪(태주) 김아진

-Mom. -Kim A-jin.

‪아진아

[Tae-ju] A-jin.

‪- (아진) 판사님 ‪- 무, 무슨 일이야?

-Judge Cha. -What, what happened? What do I do, Judge Cha? That's my mom. What do I do?

‪판사님, 어떡해요?

What do I do, Judge Cha? That's my mom. What do I do?

‪[어두운 음악] ‪우리 엄마 어떡해요, 우리 엄마

What do I do, Judge Cha? That's my mom. What do I do? -Let's go, come on. -My mom…

‪[멀리서 개들이 왈왈 짖는다]

‪[출입문 종이 딸랑 울린다]

PUREUM HOME FOR GIRLS

‪[유리가 잘그락 밟힌다]

[crackle]

‪[떨리는 숨소리]

[gasps]

‪(은석) 센터장님?

[Eun-seok] Mrs. O.

‪센터장님!

Mrs. O!

‪[다가오는 발걸음]

[slippers skidding]

‪센터장님은? 어?

Where's Ms. O, huh?

‪애들은?

And the kids?

‪애들 다 어디 갔어?

Where did they all go?

‪무슨 일이야

What happened?

‪김아름

Kim A-reum.

‪엄마

Mom…

‪좀 전에 119에 실려 가셨어요

was taken by an ambulance to a hospital.

‪갑자기 쓰러져서

She suddenly collapsed.

‪뭐라고?

What?

‪[힘 빠진 숨소리] ‪(아름) 엄마, 엄마, 괜찮아?

Mom, Mom. Are you okay, Mom?

‪엄마 ‪[힘겨운 신음]

Mom, Mom. Are you okay, Mom? [groans]

‪왜 그래?

[groans] What's wrong? Are you okay?

‪괜찮아?

What's wrong? Are you okay?

‪엄마, 엄마, 엄마!

Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!

‪엄마, 엄마, 엄마! ‪눈 떠 봐, 엄마!

Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom, open your eyes, Mom!

‪제가 생각을 해 봤는데요

So I thought about it.

‪다 그년들 때문이에요

It's all because of those bitches.

‪오늘 엄마가 쓰러진 것도 ‪그년들 때문이고

My mom collapsed today because of them.

‪내가 아빠 못 보는 것도 ‪그년들 때문이고

And I can't see my dad because of them too.

‪엄마가 나한테 ‪아빠 외국 발령 나서

Mom said Dad was assigned to an overseas branch,

‪못 오는 거라 그랬거든요?

Mom said Dad was assigned to an overseas branch, and that's why he hasn't been here.

‪근데 그거 다 거짓말이에요 ‪이혼했어요

and that's why he hasn't been here. But that's not true. They got a divorce.

‪우리 엄마, 아빠

But that's not true. They got a divorce.

‪(아름) 이거 때문에

[A-reum] Because of this! Because of this stupid damn center Mom cares so much about!

‪엄마가 죽어도 포기 못 하겠다는 ‪이 망할 회복 센터 때문에

Because of this stupid damn center Mom cares so much about!

‪그러니까 다 그년들 때문인 거예요

That's why those assholes are the ones to blame.

‪며칠 전에는 내 동생이 ‪생리통이 너무 심해서

A few days ago, my sister had really bad cramps,

‪응급실에 실려 간 적이 있거든요?

so she had to go to the E.R.

‪근데 엄마는 ‪끝까지 데리러 안 왔어요

But Mom didn't even go to see her

‪응급실에 있는 아진이보다 ‪그년들 밥이 더 중요했으니까

because feeding the bitches mattered more to her than A-jin in the ER.

‪그냥!

[crying] We just…

‪그냥

We… [sighs heavily]

‪그냥 우린 늘

We… [sighs heavily] We just always come second.

‪그다음이었던 거잖아

We just always come second.

‪[바람이 쌩 분다]

‪(혜림) 우아, 야, 씨발 ‪들킬 뻔했네, 와, 좆 될 뻔했다

What the fuck? We almost got caught. -I know we're gonna be screwed. -[Yeong-na] Hey, shut the fuck up.

‪- (연지) 그러니까 ‪- (영나) 야, 씨발, 닥쳐

-I know we're gonna be screwed. -[Yeong-na] Hey, shut the fuck up. Be quiet. Come on, I'm just afraid that we'll get caught.

‪(은정) 조용히 해라

Be quiet. Come on, I'm just afraid that we'll get caught.

‪(혜림) 야, 진짜 맞잖아 ‪들킬 뻔했잖아

Be quiet. Come on, I'm just afraid that we'll get caught.

‪- (민주) 아, 시끄러워 ‪- (혜림) 아, 추워

Be quiet. Come on, I'm just afraid that we'll get caught. [Eun-jeong] Be quiet.

‪(민주) 야, 빨리 좀 가 봐 ‪진짜 존나 춥단 말이야

[Hye-rim] Hey, go faster. It's freaking cold.

‪(지은) 아, 밀지 말라고

[Yeon-ji] Don't push me. -[Ji-eun] How far do we have to go? -[Min-gyeong] Wait, guys.

‪- (민경) 언제까지 가야 돼? ‪- (혜림) 언니, 잠깐만

-[Ji-eun] How far do we have to go? -[Min-gyeong] Wait, guys.

‪그래서?

So? You just stood and watched as they ran away?

‪애들 다 도망가는데 구경만 했니?

So? You just stood and watched as they ran away?

‪(은석) 얼씨구나, 가 버려라

Did you enjoy watching them? You did, didn't you?

‪- 보고만 있었어? ‪- (아름) 아니요

Did you enjoy watching them? You did, didn't you? Actually…

‪(은석) 아니면?

Actually, what?

‪내가 다 나가라 그랬어요

I told them to leave.

‪- (은석) 뭐? ‪- 우리 집에서 내가!

What? I told them to get out, to leave my house for good!

‪싹 다 꺼져 버리라 그랬다고

I told them to get out, to leave my house for good!

‪[함께 놀란다]

-[shatters] -[all scream]

‪[아이들의 비명] ‪(영나) 야

[Yeong-na] Hey.

‪- (은정) 야, 이 씨발 년아! ‪- (영나) 야

-Hey! -[Eun-jeong] Hey, you fucking bitch! [Yeong-na] Hey, what the fuck! Are you on drugs or something?

‪(영나) 야, 씨발, 약 빨았냐?

[Yeong-na] Hey, what the fuck! Are you on drugs or something?

‪[아이들의 비명]

[Yeong-na] Hey, what the fuck! Are you on drugs or something? -[all screaming] -[Yeong-na] Oh, crazy fuck!

‪이 씨발, 미친년이

-[all screaming] -[Yeong-na] Oh, crazy fuck!

‪[꽃병이 쨍그랑 깨진다] ‪[아이들의 비명]

[pottery smashes] Hey!

‪- (은정) 야 ‪- (혜림) 야, 이 씨발 년

Hey!

‪[아이들이 놀란다] ‪(영나) 야, 돌았냐?

-[all scream] -What is she doing?

‪[아이들이 당황한다]

-Hey! -[Yeong-na] Enough is enough!

‪(영나) 야

-[Eun-jeong] Stop! -[Yeong-na] Hey! Hey, you want to join your mom in the hospital?

‪야, 너도 네 어미 따라갈래?

Hey, you want to join your mom in the hospital?

‪야

Hey, don't!

‪이 씨발 년아

[slaps] Fucking bitch!

‪미쳤어?

Are you crazy?

‪[어두운 음악] ‪[야구 방망이가 툭 떨어진다]

[bat clanks]

‪미친 건

I'm not.

‪내가 아니라 너희야

You're the crazy ones here.

‪(아름) 다 꺼져! ‪[영나의 신음]

Get out of here!

‪[아이들이 소란스럽다]

[all screaming]

‪(혜림) 빨리 말려 봐!

[Hye-rim] Hey, stop her!

‪[영나의 힘겨운 신음]

-Hey, you stop that! -[choking]

‪(연지) 야, 이 미친년아!

-Hey, you stop that! -[choking] [Yeon-ji] Hey, you crazy fucking bitch! Stop!

‪[영나의 힘주는 신음]

[Yeon-ji] Hey, you crazy fucking bitch! Stop!

‪[영나의 신음]

[overlapping shouting] -[Yeon-ji] Stop it! Can you stop? -[Min-gyeong] Let go of her!

‪(은정) 놓으라고! 이씨 ‪[아름의 힘주는 탄성]

-[Yeon-ji] Stop it! Can you stop? -[Min-gyeong] Let go of her!

‪(은정) 작작 해, 씨발 년아! ‪[아름의 신음]

-Let go of her! -[Yeon-ji] Stop! Get off her!

‪[영나가 콜록거린다] ‪(혜림) 괜찮아? ‪언니, 괜찮아? 언니

-[Min-gyeong] Are you okay, Yeong-na? -[Min-ju] Yeong-na.

‪- (혜림) 언니, 미쳤나 봐 ‪- (은정) 괘안나?

-[Min-gyeong] Are you okay, Yeong-na? -[Min-ju] Yeong-na. [Eun-jeong] Are you okay? [Min-ju] That bitch is crazy. What's gotten into her?

‪(혜림) 어떡해, 쟤 ‪미친 거 아니야? 왜 저래, 갑자기?

[Min-ju] That bitch is crazy. What's gotten into her?

‪- (혜림) 왜 그래? ‪- (지은) 뭐야

-[Hye-rim] What's she doing? -[Min-gyeong] What is it?

‪(혜림) 씨발, 지금 뭐 하는 거야

[Ji-eun] What the fuck is she trying to do?

‪아, 씨발, 진짜

[Ji-eun] What the fuck is she trying to do? Oh, shit!

‪다 나가!

Get out of here!

‪(아름) [울먹이며] ‪이제 다 끝이에요

[A-reum] It's all over now.

‪센터도

This center.

‪그년들도

Those girls.

‪그냥 다

Everything.

‪[심전도계 비프음]

[machine beeping]

‪엄마

-Mom. Mr. Cha, Mom. -[Seon-ja] Judge Cha.

‪(선자) 판사님 ‪[태주의 당황한 신음]

-Mom. Mr. Cha, Mom. -[Seon-ja] Judge Cha. -Mom, are you okay? Mom? -Are you okay now?

‪(태주) 정신이 좀 드세요?

-Mom, are you okay? Mom? -Are you okay now? [groans]

‪저, 선생님 ‪여기 환자분 일어나셨습니다

[groans] Doctor, the patient here is up. Oh, okay.

‪(의사) 아, 예

Oh, okay.

‪(민경) 언니, 같이 가

[Min-gyeong] Yeon-ji, wait for us.

‪(은정) 빨리 와

[Min-gyeong] Yeon-ji, wait for us. [Yeon-ji] Hurry up!

‪(혜림) 아, 뭐야, 여긴 또

[Min-gyeong sighs] What even is this place?

‪(연지) 야, 괜찮아?

-[Yeon-ji] Hey. Are you okay? -This sucks.

‪[민경의 신음] ‪[연지의 놀란 신음]

-[Yeon-ji] Hey. Are you okay? -This sucks. -[Min-gyeong] Ah! -[Yeon-ji] Oh, my gosh. Hey, what's wrong?

‪- (지은) 왜, 야 ‪- (연지) 야, 괜찮아?

-[Min-gyeong] Ah! -[Yeon-ji] Oh, my gosh. Hey, what's wrong? -[Min-ju] My gosh. -[Yeon-ji] Are you okay? Be careful.

‪(지은) 조심 좀 하지

-[Min-ju] My gosh. -[Yeon-ji] Are you okay? Be careful.

‪[민경의 아파하는 신음]

[Min-gyeong] Ow.

‪그냥 돌아가자, 걸어서 못 가

Let's go back. There's no way we can walk there.

‪(민경) 기차역까지 ‪한 시간은 더 가야 되는데

The train station is an hour away.

‪돌아가면? ‪그년이 존나 좋아하겠다?

You wanna go back? You think that bitch will let us?

‪가기 싫으면 꺼져, 이 씨발 년아

If you don't want to come with us, get lost, asshole.

‪혼자라도 갈 테니까

We don't need you.

‪- (혜림) 야, 일어나 ‪- (민주) 빨리 일어나

-[Ji-eun] Hey, get up. -[Yeon-ji] Hurry up, get up.

‪[민경의 거친 신음]

-[Ji-eun] Hey, get up. -[Yeon-ji] Hurry up, get up. Come on, get up. Let's go. Be careful.

‪(민주) 조심해 ‪[민경의 신음]

Be careful. Let's go. Come on. You're okay.

‪(민경) 아, 나 못 가!

Let's go. Come on. You're okay. -I can't keep walking! -[Yeong-na] Hey, hold on.

‪(영나) 야, 잠깐만

-I can't keep walking! -[Yeong-na] Hey, hold on.

‪[어두운 음악]

[ominous music]

‪[거친 숨소리]

[ominous music] Hey. You have some money, right?

‪야, 너 돈 가진 거 있지?

Hey. You have some money, right?

‪내놔

Hand it over.

‪내놓으라고

[Yeong-na] I said, hand it over.

‪[휴대전화 진동음]

[phone ringing]

‪(은석) 어…

[panting] Well, I think it's been about three hours.

‪한…

[panting] Well, I think it's been about three hours.

‪세 시간쯤 된 거 같아요

[panting] Well, I think it's been about three hours.

‪아니요

No.

‪연화지법에서 조사차 나왔는데 ‪그때 마침 신고가 접수…

When we came here from the court for inspection, someone reported--

‪잠시만요

Give me a moment.

‪제가 다시 전화드리겠습니다

I'll have to call you back.

‪[유리가 잘그락 밟힌다]

[crackle]

‪너구나?

It was you.

‪[휴대전화 벨 소리]

[phone ringing]

‪[무거운 음악]

‪어, 찾았어

Yes, I found it.

‪[한숨]

[breathes deeply] But I made the trip for nothing.

‪근데 헛걸음했네

But I made the trip for nothing.

‪이 센터가

The person…

‪가장 망하길 바라는 사람

who wants this center to be shut down.

‪법원에 신고 접수한 사람

The person who reported to the court.

‪너였어

It was you.

 

No comments: